ZIP code

1995 Jeep Cherokee

Based on 581 Ratings for the 1992 - 1996 models.

Best Year is 1996!

By on Sunday, September 9, 2007

"I've owned this Jeep since 1998. I bought it from a lease. I got it with 20k miles and it now has almost 160k miles. I'm a single girl and it's taken me everywhere! I used it daily to commute, but it has taken me on tons of trips...it's gone off-road in Death Valley and the Saline Dessert! It's been to Burning Man. It's gone over the Sonora pass. It spends summers in Tahoe. It also does great in the snow up in the Sierras in winter. My dogs love it. I've slept in the back. It's been an awesome all-around vehicle. AND I think it looks good too; kind of country-club because when I've gone golfing there are always plenty of Cherokees parked in the lot at the country club. Best and most reliable car I've owned. My previous Jeep was a Wrangler and I was worried that it would be "too grown-up" for me, but it's better than my Wrangler...quieter, and more reliable, plus I feel safer in it. I love my 1996 Cherokee!! I've heard that 1997 and later Cherokees aren't as good as the 1996 and before, and it's a bummer that they don't make them anymore. But this Jeep has saved my life a number of times (been hit by other cars) and it is solid. Can't say enough good stuff."

Best Vehicle I have owned

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Bought the Cherokee used in 1995 and it now has 248,000 and my son has it now for high school. This is the most reliable, durable vehicle I have owned. It was a perfect vehicle for me and my young family - especially during Wyoming winters. The back seat is not the most comfortable for adults but hey...."

Awesome car!

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "Buttleproof Engine!"

Cons: "1996=NO CD PLAYER"

"This car is amazing! The engine has over 200k miles on it, but it still runs like new. I bought this car for around a thousand dollars and I couldn't be happier. Runs so smooth, pickes up speed like new. The build on this car is incredible. They just don't make them how they used to. I am in love with my car. I am buying some seat covers for my car since the seats have taken a beating. BUY THIS CAR, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!! :D"

Pleasantly surprised

By on Friday, April 6, 2012

Pros: "Doesn't attract car thieves."

Cons: "It's old. (A Pro?)"

"My first Jeep, bought 8 years ago with 117K miles on it. Now at 202K. Some people think I'm nuts for loving such an old car. Read the other posts - these thing do run forever. I'm thinking around 300K miles it might need some serious work. Maybe not. It's not a Cadillac. Choppy ride on rough roads and a little noisy. Drives/steers/handles great for a small SUV and I think the seats (front) are comfortable. Back seat is for kids or really short trips. On smooth highways it's fine. Four hours of bad Oklahoma highways will wear you out. GREAT engine/trans (4.0HO with auto). 2wd but put some weight in the back and it handles snow well. If you're thinking of buying one stay away from rusty/wrecked examples. Otherwise there shouldn't be much to worry about. More reliable than a tank and drives better. Oh: I have cupholders!! Looks like a ten dollar option mounted in front of the armrest over the e-brake."

I'm 21 this is my 4th vehicle, and most reliable

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Great vehicle to work on i.e. lifting and such."

Cons: "No cup holders, not the best ride quality"

"Old jeep but runs great 4wd must last forever! Not the best ride quality but most rugged, useful vehicle I have ever owned"

Jeep Reliability all wrapped in fun!!

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, 4x4 fun"

Cons: "No standard cup holders, not enough air vents"

I Love my jeep!!

"OLD SCHOOL FUN!! I got my 1994 Cherokee sport 4x4 automatic so I didnt have to drive my 2005 mistang GT in the snowy months. WOW.. it is so much fun. Jeep is known for being rugged and fun, and this is no exception. A small oil leak, ( fixable) but hey its 18 years old.. rides smoother then expected, but still bumpy , but the seats are confortable, and it is fun to drive!! Car seats fit well in the back as well. Sound bar in the back on the roof is great too!! Never any major issues with this car. Reliable and tough is what you get! Throw your sports gear in back, and have fun!"

I Love my jeep!!

LOVE my jeep!

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "very reliable,"

Cons: "well, no cup holders, lol"

"My little red jeep is a 1991. It just keeps going and going and going. I call her my Energizer Bunny. We STILL get 25 mpg with her. NO expenses for up keep, (i.e. starter, altanator, radiator, etc.) She is well made and we hope to make it our oldest grandsons first car. He's 11 right now. BUY a jeep if you can! You will never be sorry!"

best car i have ever owned!!!!

By on Monday, January 25, 2010

"being a "mid-sized" man(5ft10in 225 lbs) my jeep is not the most comfortable ride in the world but that aside, this thing is GREAT! as of now i have 302000 miles on the original engine and tranny. starts everytime i hit the key, burns a little oil but i can get 20 mpg on the highway and still go anywhere! great 4wd system and i would by another one in a heartbeat. livin in western pa, winters can be bad and i never have to worry about gettin anywhere! this is the best style of jeep ever made!!!!!"

great offroad machine

By on Thursday, October 22, 2009

"This a great vehicle. has minor electrical problems sometimes, but most repairs are easy fixens. mine is a 89 with 190k on it and still runnin strong. awesome rig to build up and make a nice offroad machine. gotta love the cherokee!"

Too good to give up

By on Monday, August 3, 2009

"I've been tempted to get rid of my 95 Cherokee with 166K on it thanks to the government's cash for clunkers program. I figure this is a good opportunity to get some money towards a fuel efficient, new vehicle. After test driving some new cars and SUVS, I've realized that my 4.0L Jeep runs stronger than the new 3.8L Jeep Wrangler, and will probably outlast it too! Why should I take on a new car payment when I already have the most reliable Jeep ever made?"