1995 Jeep Cherokee

Based on 579 Ratings for the 1992 - 1996 models.

Love my jeep

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Purchased mine for $800 and its still running"

Cons: "None of my gauges work- eh NBD"

"I have had a few fuel delivery issues but other than that suprisingly NO OVERHEATING issues- Rear main seal leak is a give in. DOES NOT SMOKE. I have launched our 16.5" boat at pineview reservoir and into rivers 2 years straight 3+ days a week and never had an issue. It does have hood spacers on it which help with the temp I am sure. 4-wheel drive used 2x living in northern utah that is surprising. Very evenly weighted- Good looking all around amazing vehicle. I would purchase this specific jeep for a child of mine if i had any. Amazing how many people trash talk it and how often they break down- any time i had an issue a little starter fluid and the issue was fixed."

Best vehicle ever

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

"I bought this jeep brand new. It was our first family suv. We have kept it for so many years because it is a great vehicle. I have not done any major work to engine or transmission. This vehicle had been everywhere. From Mazatlan Mexico to Vancoveer Canada to East Coast and back to Calif. I would recommend this vehicle to anybody looking for a reliable car."

205K

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"Best car I have ever owned. I bought it with 70K on it and it is still running strong 135000 miles later at 205K. I have put highway miles, city miles, off road miles, and boat towing miles on it. It has never missed a beat. I loved having the 5spd manual. I really think it improved the gas mileage over the automatic."

I love the Jeep Cherokee!!!!

By on Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Pros: "4X4!!!!!"

Cons: "no cup holders, literally."

"I'm only getting rid of my 1996 Jeep Cherokee Country because I need a newer car with much better gas mileage. However, even though this was my first car, I LOVE IT! There's a certain pride in owning an off roading vehicle. It's a ton of fun to drive and even though it's not the best road vehicle it still gets the job done. I've done countless 500 mile trips in it and I'm over 6 ft 4 in tall but I've survived every trip! Every time I drive it I fall in love with it over and over again. There are so many cool things you can do to this model jeep but like I said I need a different car with better mileage (thanks to those 500 mile trips :/ ). Off roading opens up a whole new world of driving and I have my Jeep to thank for that. It's not a comfortable vehicle in any way... no cup holders, leaky body/doors/windows, it's quite noisy at high speed, a little small for me, everything's made out of cheap plastic (because it's meant to be replaced after you flood your Jeep in a river or whatever LOL), and it gets TERRIBLE gas mileage. I got like 11 city MAYBE 19 highway if I was good. Usually like 17 why. However... that 4.0 litre I6 HO is a little monster! It will be pulling and wanting more at like 90 mph but you can't give it any more because the speedo stops at 85 and you're already scared for your life! This is probably more a young person's car, mostly because it just isn't comfortable, but it sure is a blast!! :) In the year that I've owned the car I've put tens of thousands of miles on it, welded the door back on, dealt with it overheating in the desert, blasted through the dunes, driven through floods, and pretty much just had an amazing time with my first car. I love my Jeep."

Just keeps on going

By on Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Have had this 96 Jeep Cherokee country for 5 years. It has never failed to start, is a dream in the snow and the most reliable older vehicle I have ever owned. The country leather seats are so comfy and the heater is amazing in the cold MI winters. If you want a cheap 4x4 for the winters this jeep can't be beat. In the 5 years replaced, radiator, suspension & brakes . Wear & tear items at 154000 & not expensive on parts. The engine is a beast can still gun it and it kicks me back in the seat. Great fun, reliable drive. I will keep this car until it dies. Tiny bit of rust on one sill, but still solid and no holes."