2012 Jaguar XK

Based on 90 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Exceptional luxury sports car

By on Sunday, November 22, 2015

Pros: "Very fun to drive!"

Cons: "Back seats that only hold a grocery bag."

"I'm the second owner of a 2007 executive lease car. I've owned the vehicle for 6 years and had one odd problem associated with the car starting and then dying immediately when being restarted after driving up a steep hill. You'd have to wait about 20 minutes and then the car would start and run normally. The car was under warranty, but needless to say, it took some time to sort out and I had to engage Jaguar North America to get it resolved, the dealership having attempted everything they could. It was fixed by a thorough cleaning of the injection system. The little plastic tabs that hold the door panels on are prone to break after time, creating a buzzing/rattling in the doors that can be fixed by simply pulling the bottom of the door panels out a bit so the plastic falls out. This happened with one tab on each door. The car has its own particular functional idiosyncrasies, such as having to open the door 'just right' using the keyless system -- pull the door handle slightly, pause 50 milliseconds and continue pulling; another is you need wait a couple seconds after exiting the car before locking with the keyless system or it will beep at you. Kind of typical British car stuff. A third example, well noted in the literature, is the very slow to react infotainment system after pushing a button. Nothing working incorrectly, just their operator/machine interface considerations. Other than these few things over the years, the car has truly been an exceptional drive -- smooth, reasonably powerful (300 bhp), quiet, nice handling and quite beautiful lines. Clearly I like it very much as I haven't replaced it! 2015 having been the last of the model year, I doubt I ever will."

Best supercar for the price.

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Look, performance, durablitly, look, pizazz."

Cons: "For what the car is made to be, none."

"This is one of only a few cars that will consistently put a smile on your face. This is a beautiful car inside and out! My car is 5 years old now and shows almost no signs of wear. The quality in this car is amazing, both in fit and finish, performance, and durability. This car has held up far better than I expected, nothing but oil changes and it literally looks new still with 42k on it now. This is not a thinly veiled race car though. Even with 420 horsepower, this car won't slam you into to the seat like a full-out sports car of similar power. This car is super smooth, yet still handles extremely well in the corners for a car with such a compliant ride. The shifts are quick and seamless, even under hard acceleration you can barely feel them. However, if you want a stiff ride, blinding acceleration, and all out performance at the cost of comfort then this is probably not your car. If you want one of the sexiest cars on the road, one that turns heads everywhere you go, one that will fly by most any car on the road with a simple touch of the gas (at speed this car flies!) but still one of the most comfortable cars around, one that can be driven and holds up to daily use, and a supercar for a steal of a price, than this is your car!"

No more Jags

By on Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"My 2007 XK was my second. Within the first year, I had to have the car towed 3 times, because it wouldn't start. Afraid of being stranded in a remote location at any given time, I sold the vehicle to a dealer after 18 months of ownership. The Jaguar dealership was never able to pinpoint the problem. Also, the car had depreciated quite a bit, in such a short period of time. Though it is an absolutely beautiful car, I would not recommend purchasing one. Also, this was not my primary car, so the car was not driven much. Maybe, because of my fear of getting stranded."

Hot car

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

"Jaguar XK purrs like it's mating season. Fun to drive. Styling is incredible. Always get people telling me how nice that car looks. Only drawback is neighbors are sure to get jealous."

2011 XKR fantastic

By on Friday, September 2, 2011

Pros: "Performance, stlye and reliability. Unexpected high quality details"

Cons: "Really? You must be kidding."

"I am not much for blogs or bragging... but that said. There is nothing in the world quite like driving a black/black 510hp XKR convertible, top down, while listening to some vintage Eric Clapton dialed up as high as the B"

Love it

By on Saturday, March 19, 2011

"By far the most luxurious sports car in this price range. All the power you need, comfort, but most of all the style makes the difference. Traded in a SL500 and don't have a minute of disappointment. Car really throttles up from 60 -100. I thought the road noise would be worse with the soft top convertible, but found it not to be an issue."

By on Sunday, October 17, 2010

A combination of hot rod and Bentley

By on Sunday, May 16, 2010

"I have had the coupe for 18 months. It's super dependable. No problems.. Car is blistering fast, yet averages 21 - 23 MPG. I can't go ANYWHERE without people coming up to me and asking about the car. In a world where too many cars all look alike, no one will ever mistake this beauty for anything other than a Jaguar coupe.. it is truly the best of all worlds - performance, luxury, dependability and ultimate class."

Big cat is back

By on Friday, March 7, 2008

"I love this car. It looks even better than its photos. The blue tooth is not that great and the sound system is a little weak for a convertible unless you like to listen to this big cat rumbeling."

The best

By on Monday, April 23, 2007

"I liked this car because it rides good and it is very dependable."

Most gorgeous car ever.

By on Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "No oil dip stick or temperature guage."

"Pros include styling, reliability, handling under most conditions except snow & ice. It's a "hoot" to drive & quite a head turner. Cons include poor back seat space and poor trunk space. I can fit one or two golf club sets inside, but must remove the long clubs & place them back into the trunk after putting in the bags. Navigation screen is "fiddley". This is my 4th Jaguar - always buy used w low mileage."

Awesome power, convenience, comfort and beauty

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Supercar performance with Everday Drivability"

"This 2013 XKR convert blows away the MB SL550 I previously owned in many ways. It is a Portfolio Special Edition, and had a base 550HP (same as XKR-S) which I had the supercharger tweaked to produce over 600HP. So in Sport Mode, it absolutely screams and 30MPH to 100MPH takes about 2 seconds - scary! The downside is that without AWD or Launch Control, it will go sideways from a standing start too easily, at least with the OEM rubber. Even with all of the power, in Comfort Mode, it is extremely easy and comfortable to drive, and the interior in the portfolio models is in my opinion, of a higher quality than any of the kraut or even italian competitors. The only negative to the car is because it is a GT configuration, its longer wheelbase to accomodate the rear jump seats reduces the ability to pivot tightly in hard cornering. But, the extra length also gives it a smoother highway ride. Otherwise, if you can find a Portfolio Special Edition model - Buy It"

Worst Company Ever.

By on Friday, June 25, 2010

"I own a XKR Convertible. It is a very beautiful car but the company behind it is absolutely horrible. The engine seized after 15k miles. Although under warranty they refuse to take care of it. This company is notorius for problems and the car is known for electrical issues. Think twice before buying a Jaguar. Trust me."

wicked style, speed and luxury.

By on Thursday, November 6, 2014

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "back seat,"

"would be a 10/10 if the back seat was a bit bigger, I have to sell now because my kids have outgrown it... What a great car it has been..:)"

Love love love my car, but not very practical

By on Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Jazzy the Jag

"I absolutely love my car. It's gorgeous and a lot of fun to drive... in the summer. Living in a place that actually feels the seasons it's impossible to get around in the snow and heavy rain, so since I sadly don't live in California I'm coming to terms that I should sell her for something I can use year around. Another big problem is that it feels like every few months the tires wear out and I have to replace them. The back window fell through from putting the top up and down, I'm assuming, and there has been other minor problems that are very costly that I have had to deal with. Gorgeous car, but not good for an everyday full season use. It also has really tiny back seats! It's impossible to fit more than one other person. Plus I live in the country so it getting bad gas milage kills me! It has everything you need and is perfect if you need it for a luxury car or live in a sunny area!"

Jazzy the Jag

Great value and gorgeous styling.

By on Saturday, March 1, 2014

Pros: "Iconic styling, light weight aluminum, VERY plush"

Cons: "Everyone wants to look at it and ask questions."

"This car is quite nimble and offers great power. Very comfortable seats, stunning wood work. Amongst it's competitors, this car is cheap to keep as it requires maintainance once a year or at every 12000 miles. The tuned exhaust is very seductive. Mine is Salsa Red with Oyster/Ivory. After driving Mercedes Benz cars for so long, this is a refreshing change and it's nice that when I stop by the service department, it's usually just to say hello."

Sharp look,great ride, unreliable at best

By on Sunday, January 29, 2017

Pros: "Looks, ride , responsiveness, handling"

Cons: "Completely unreliable , bring a mechanic"

"Bought a used '13 xk with 13500 miles. I knew to buy the extended warrantee and thank goodness I did. Great look and soft luxurious ride, fast enough with 385 hp.Sweet engine rumble. Gas mileage horrendous in local travel, needs fill up at 200 miles or less , way better on highway.I had a '72 that was in the shop constantly : an old friend had 5 or 6 Jags recently and said the problems were minimal. Well mine, in 8 months has been in the shop 5 or 6 times. Water pump, convertible top lining tore, they did replace it but had to bring it back twice more as they did a lousy job. Worst was getting stuck on my way home one day in October , Luckily I was next to a gas station. The car needed the entire left side fuel injectors replaced , which is a huge , very expensive job.Now the transmission shifts , or doesn't want to intermittently. If you are crazy enough to buy one,make sure you get the warrantee. I'd suggest leasing it, so that you can dump it easily. I can't wait to get rid of this nightmare and go back to Mercedes or BMW or anything but a Jag !"

Ideal combination of sports and luxury

By on Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pros: "styling, perfomance, handling and comfort"

Cons: "Sticker price"

"I own a black 2012 XK - I was really surprised at how well the car handles and accelerates. By engaging dynamic mode and putting shifter into sport mode the entire character of the car changes from luxury cruiser to a high performance street machine. I get tons of looks/interest every where I go. I enjoy this car much more than the 911 I previously owned. My XK has the 385HP engine which is plenty fast however I have driven the 510HP convertible XKR - it is an absolute beast!"

Fabulous car to drive

By on Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pros: "great driver, solid, stable, comfort, luxury"

Cons: "NAV system and the conv top are only glitches"

"I have had Corvette's and Ferrari's I have had faster cars and much slower cars. But this car is a pure joy to drive. It's an all around great road and touring car. It inspires you to take a drive and it has fabulous body lines. I think the XXR would be perfect with the added power but still this car's a great value. It feels of prestige and you don't look like some grey haired guy living out his second child hood."

Sleek black beauty supercharged

By on Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Pros: "Fast, handling, braking, comfort and design."

Cons: "Bad press, no flaws"

"Exceeds my expectations, a real head turner. When I open the car up and roar the 510 HP down the strip in sport mode the acceleration is about 0-60 in roughly 4.5 sec. The noise footprint from the rear is second to none. Braking and handling is awesome, a real treat and fun driving experience. The interior with its 16 way seats can fit most drivers to pure comfort. The less than good press about the interior must be written by those who have never taken this baby on a long ride through the countryside or the straight away."

If you love to drive

By on Saturday, November 28, 2015

Pros: "Stunning yet subtle looks, sound, performance"

Cons: "no room to spare"

"Having owned most of the models in the high end sports car market, I can say without hesitation, the XK is much better than the competition. Pretty much an Aston Martin that you can use as a daily driver. Love it!"

I LOVE this car

By on Friday, January 8, 2016

Pros: "Awesome handling and just beautiful"

Cons: "Mine is not supercharged"

"I plan to buy a newer XKR just because it is faster. I really wish I would have done that the first go around. This car is plenty fast for the normal person, but I am a serious motor head. This car is just beautiful, and I mean a real head turner."

An Icon that gets it done on all fronts..

By on Monday, September 1, 2014

Pros: "Iconic beauty that just makes you happy"

Cons: "I have to eventually park it...."

"I can't wait to drive this car AGAIN the moment I park it....I have owned many cars that have been enjoyable to drive but this car simply provokes emotion every time I push the start button...I just love this machine and cherish the time I am cruising with the top down and savoring the majestic tone of that 510 horsepower supercharger.....and I am ecstatic I spent a few extra bucks on the XK-R because life is too short and it is worth every nickel.....I am sorry Jaguar is eliminating this particular model for the F-Type....The XK is the icon and I honestly believe that Jag has cashed in the fiber of its heritage.....Hope they bring it back when better judgement kicks in......"

Super Car

By on Monday, January 26, 2015

Pros: "Looks, handling and performance"

Cons: "Limited driver leg room"

Built for speed

"Great looks and fast. The handling is outstanding. Can't wait for sunny days to drive it. Jaguar you're right on with this car."

Built for speed

Most reliable car we've ever owned!!!

By on Friday, December 25, 2015

Pros: "Super fun, super reliable too."

Cons: "Back seats for bags or small kids only."

"We own and enjoy a 08 xk luxury convertible with 20 inch wheels, fantastic looking!!! People always stop and look at it and give us complements. Many think it is an Aston Martin. This 08 xk has been the most reliable car we have ever owned. It is super fun to drive and super reliable too. You can drive it fast, slow and it is always fun and holds the road very well. It also will never rust as it has an all aluminum body!!! Formerly we owned a 2002 BMW M5 which was also fun to drive but a disaster maintaining. Not a year passed where the M5 didn't need some sort of repair. The 2008 xk is certainly a looker and low maintenance car. When driven at 78 miles an hour we get 29 miles a gallon, city driving 20 miles per gallon. Pretty good for such luxury ride."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jaguar XK near Honolulu. See local deals