2004 Jaguar XJ

Based on 119 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

So much for your money

By on Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, power and Elegance."

Cons: "brakes are a little soft"

"I purchased my 04 XJ used with 22k miles. Loved it from day one. One of the best riding cars I have ever had. I have owned mutliple MBZ's and BMW's and this put them to shame. More power than expected, especaily on the freeway. Good comfort and a feel of security. I was surprised at the mileage it got on the freeway. A trip to Napa logged just over 29 MPG, amazing for such a big car. I was told maintenace is expensive but found that these cars can get the oil changed at the local jiffylube or equivalent for around $50.00 Word to the wise, make sure the mechanics are reliable as not all things can be done by your local mechanic. any big items probably should go to a certified jaguar shop. I now have 137,000 miles and have only $1,200 in bills total on this car outside of regular oil changes. Strong smooth and a refreshing car to drive. Heated seats in front and back and even the steering wheel heats up! adjustable pedals for comfort. All around you can't go wrong. One serious note- when buying used make sure the car is fully checked out for any lack of services or mistreated. These are a true find if you can get a one owner well cared for car."

Wonderful car, a dream to drive, & luxurious ride

By on Friday, January 18, 2013

"I have owned this car since it was just a couple of months old, so avoided the extra cost for being the first one to drive it off the car lot. It now has 47,000 miles on it and has had no problems other than simple maintenance. It's beautiful and eye catching; garnering more than it's fair share of admiring comments. The mileage is outstanding for a car of it's size... 32mpg on the freeway 20+ in town. Performance is exceptional. Easy to park and very comfortable for long or short trips. This car has been a joy to own."

Spectacular !

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "classic looks... incredible power"

Cons: "Maintenance expenses are not for cheapskates"

"While stationed at the USN submarine base aboard an operating submarine in New London Conn back in the late 60s , I bought a 1954 Jaguar XK120 from a shipmate who had just gotten married and needed money. I immediately fell in love with this now legendary car......the unmistakeable sound of its engine and exhaust....the uniqueness which is what Jaguars are all about. A few months back I had the good fortune to acquire a 2003 XJR super sedan. Wow ! in Anthracite with black leather interior in near mint condition with only 38000 miles on it ! I was astonished as to what a technological marvel had evolved from the "primitive" XK120. What I love most is that this car looks like a an older "rich guy's" elegant classic body style sedan. Don't be fooled . This car is an absolute monster when the supercharger cuts in and flogs 375 horsepower with incredible torque out of a relatively small 4 Liter block. Now I know what it must feel like to be a rhesus monkey on a rocket sled. My god this car is fast !Shockingly fast ! One must remember though, that much like a luxury boat , maintenance is expensive.I'm a "motor head" and a reasonably good mechanic. I bought the full service manual on line and quickly realized how much there is out of the scope of amateur mechanics abilities with unique and special test equipment required along with complex maintenance procedures . Don't even think, for example, of having its Mercede Benz transmission worked on at AMMCO . This is a "trophy car"for me that will never see bad weather that I plan to have for a long time. I give it all 10s because that's what it is in my opinion. Give yourself a treat and buy one"

Great looks, great ride, elegant interior/classic

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "Great value for the money!"

Cons: "Premium gas, but great mileage before later models"

"Love this car! I have a VandenPlas and I get 32.5 mpg on the highway and 21.2mpg in city. But,the elegance of driving this classic car is refreshing as it is exhilarating! The all aluminum body shaves over 600 pounds from the earlier models, thus increasing gas mileage and horsepower. There is defintely more leg room in the rear seating than the front as my 6'8" son can testify. But, the elegance of the interior gets a lot of attention from guests and at our local car shows. If you are in the market for a great used car that's dependable and luxurious without the high price tag (original value was $74K) go for it!"

The most comfortable car I have ever owned.

By on Friday, August 9, 2013

Pros: "Worth every penny it cost."

Cons: "None."

"I bought the car a year ago from a Jaguar entusiast who had tended to every little mechanical and cosmetic issue, and rigorously maintained it. I have carried on with the policy of frequent oil changes, regular service, and keeping it meticulously clean outside and inside. I continue to marvel at the silent, silky ride, plenty of power, and plethora of features which make the occupants as comfortable as is possible in any autombile. This car represents the best example of how to keep a Jaguar happy and hearty. (Treat it like you would a beautiful woman and it will reward you with all your heart's desires.)"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jaguar XJ near Honolulu. See local deals