1996 Jaguar XJ Series

Based on 111 Ratings for the 1995 - 1997 models.

Best used car

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"Style, comfort, ride and performance. Still turning heads after twelve years! Looks better and sleeker then new XJs. Less room then competitors, but I care more for style then interior room. Horror stories are gone and these cars(XJ) are very good, don't believe me, then read some reviews. 0-60 in 8 sec for 4125 LBS with an ave. 19 MPG it's not bad at all. Very torquey engine for a six cylinder. I wouldn't change anything. I recommend this car, don't be afraid."

Distinctively English

By on Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"Other than depreciation, it's a vehicle you can keep for a long time. Good performance, comfort, mpg, distinctive style and easy to care for. Always love its old/distinctive look. Wish its old look stays, just to be different from all the other cars. Super comfort for long haul. After initial a/c and front brake rotor repair under warranty, it's been trouble free at 45K miles."

Long live the cat

By on Monday, January 3, 2011

"Bought the '96 XJ6 w/traction control in '98. Beautiful, spirited, and quite reliable. With the proper tires, winter driving is a no drama event. Repairs and parts are expensive. Jaguar is very proud of their green box. Thank goodnes it rarely needs serious repair. Jaguars' former lack of reliability, pre '96, keeps the resale value low. Good for those who do not wish to spend a fortune on the purchase of a classic vehicle. The only complaints I have are that the E brake handle intrudes rudely into my thigh, the third brake light falls off and is nearly impossible to stick back on to the glass. An appropriatly colored rolled up hand towel solves the problem though, and the clip that keeps the head liner from drooping away from the sliding moon roof is cheap plastic and prone to breakage. Niggling complaints to be sure. I love the way this automoblie looks, handles, and sounds. I am a dog person, but long live this cat!"

Simplest the best

By on Friday, July 2, 2010

"I have owned many Jaguars over the last 30 years and this model is simply the best. Classic styling, incredibly comfortable, spirited handling and excellent gas mileage for a really roomy four door sedan. The car is still a head turner and if properly maintained will last you for 20 years. I have had mine for 15 and it's like the day I bought it."

I love my Jag!

By on Friday, December 21, 2007

"I purchased this Jag with 50,000 miles; it now has 186,000 and is going great! Gas mileage is about 22 mpg, better than when I purchased the car. I've faithfully serviced my Jag with oil changes every 4,000 miles, and it has given me no problem whatsoever. There's an old saying that you need two Jaguars, one to drive and the other to keep in the repair shop. That hasn't been my experience at all. Since Ford acquired Jaguar in the 1980s they have improved the quality and reliability of Jaguars immensely, without sacrificing the good looks (at least for the XJ6). This is a car you can drive with pride and confidence. I hope to keep mine another 100,000 miles at least!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jaguar XJ Series near Honolulu. See local deals