2007 Jaguar X-Type

7.8

Based on 364 Ratings for the 2002 - 2008 models.

Beautiful Car! Fun to drive and reliable.

By on Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pros: "Style - AWD - Reliable"

Cons: "Automatic Garage Remote is hard to program."

"I love my X Type 3.0 JAG. It's been an extremely good car and I haven't had any major problems with it. The styling is great inside and out. I'll be holding on to mine for a while longer!"

We love our Jag! Popular on road trips.

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "Unusual vehicle Jag Wagon. Lots of looks."

Cons: "No place for CDs. Back seat a little small"

"Love at first sight. We were looking for something a little different and found it in our X3. Gets alot of thumbs up on the highway and curious looks until they see the leaping Jaguar on the hood. Then we see the passengers in the passing vehicle point and smile. Has a sports car feel. A little more road noise than I would expect from Jaguar but acceptable. The seats however are horrible. There is a lump in the middle of your back until the seat softens and your back eventually conforms. We almost did not purchase the car but the dealer ASSURED us the stiffness would disappear. Eight years later it is still there. We have taken several trips to Michigan and Washington DC area with no great discomfort. Dash instruments reflect a lot of light and sometimes hard to see if passenger wears something light colored."

Great value for an entry level Jaguar.

By on Monday, September 9, 2013

Pros: "Great price, very fun to drive."

Cons: "Road noise, cost of maintenance."

"I bought this car second hand from a private seller and have had it for two months now. So far it has been a very satisfying drive. No issues so far other than an intermittent flashing battery warning light which eventually went away. Drive is smooth, corners like anything and could actually get you a speeding ticket (especially in Sport mode) if you don't watch the speedometer. Very nicely done interior and exterior styling that definitely turns heads. Good stock audio system. Lots of safety features that makes me feel confident on the road even with the entire family on board. Road noise is noticeable though unlike some other cars I've had (and I've been through quite a lot). Unless you have a nearby Jag dealer, then parts may be a challenge (luckily I've got one close by). Preventive maintenance is the key here as in all cars. Overall, I think it's bang for the buck."

nice, but not quite a sports car

By on Friday, February 6, 2009

"I've owned my 02 x-type 2.5 for about 4 or 5 months and have only had 1 small problem with it so far. It's a very comfortable and nice car, but sadly lacks an impressive 0-60. I was impressed, however, with it's handling. It takes corners well and handles very well at high speeds (70 to 110 mph) thanks to awd. It's very hard to find, but if you can get a hold of a manual tranny instead of the common auto, then do it. I'd also suggest going with the 3.0 liter as opposed to the 2.5. You'll appreciate the extra power and control when trying to get out of harm's way."

Great Car! Holds No Resale Value Though!

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"How can a $34,000 Jaguar turn into a $10,000 Jaguar in as little as 4 years, even with low miles. The car is great though, so buy one used, you'll get the best deal that way. The AWD is great, my 5 speed makes it get up and go! great gas mileage in the 2.5 version! I upgraded to wood steering wheel and wood dash for my 5 speed makes it look much better! little problem with the door latches. They sometimes stick when you are ready to get out...on both the driver and passenger's sides. I say buy one, they are an affordable head turner! no one believes me, when I tell them how much I paid. The X-type is a very affordable luxury vehicle!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jaguar X-Type near Honolulu. See local deals