2004 Jaguar X-Type

7.8

Based on 364 Ratings for the 2002 - 2008 models.

2006 Jaguar

By on Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE; AWESOME TO BEHOLD, ELEGANT"

Cons: "A BIT MORE LEG ROOM IN BACK WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT"

"I own this car and purchased it new. It is beautiful, drives like a dream especially in the mountains of W VA and VA. is service regularly with synthetic oil, has 1 set of new tires (Michelin still great), 1 set of brakes & pads. You get amazing comments (which is nice), car is detailed and waxed 2 x year. I would not sell for the suggested price on KBB not enough but close. I would not sell if I could not find another Jag I loved as much. WONDERFUL AUTOMOBILE FOR A SINGLE FEMALE."

Beautiful Car! Fun to drive and reliable.

By on Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pros: "Style - AWD - Reliable"

Cons: "Automatic Garage Remote is hard to program."

"I love my X Type 3.0 JAG. It's been an extremely good car and I haven't had any major problems with it. The styling is great inside and out. I'll be holding on to mine for a while longer!"

Great wagon, but...

By on Thursday, November 6, 2008

"Bored with driving an Accord and needing a wagon for my 90 lb dog I decide to give Jaguar another try. I had owned two in the past, an XJ12 and a V12 VDP. Both gave me a lot of trouble. Last year I bought an X type wagon dealer demo with 19,000 miles. It now has 32,000. The car has a clasic line, great traction and is fun to drive. However it is plagued by all sorts of little problems which I had hoped I would no longer encounter that required numerous trips to the dealership. parking aid not working. Drive shaft bearings had to be torked to stop vibrations at 5,000 rpm. Foul a/c smell. Windshield washer motor stopped working. Inside rear pillar pannel fell off. curtesy lights stopped working. Headlight lamp needded changing. Squeaky steering wheel. If it were not for the excellent service i have received from the Jaguar delershicp which has so far always provided me with a replacement Jaguar when servicing mine I would have given up my car long ago. However the thought of going back to a boring but reliable Japanese import is too much to bear. Jaguar, please try and make a reliable car!!!"

We love our Jag! Popular on road trips.

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "Unusual vehicle Jag Wagon. Lots of looks."

Cons: "No place for CDs. Back seat a little small"

"Love at first sight. We were looking for something a little different and found it in our X3. Gets alot of thumbs up on the highway and curious looks until they see the leaping Jaguar on the hood. Then we see the passengers in the passing vehicle point and smile. Has a sports car feel. A little more road noise than I would expect from Jaguar but acceptable. The seats however are horrible. There is a lump in the middle of your back until the seat softens and your back eventually conforms. We almost did not purchase the car but the dealer ASSURED us the stiffness would disappear. Eight years later it is still there. We have taken several trips to Michigan and Washington DC area with no great discomfort. Dash instruments reflect a lot of light and sometimes hard to see if passenger wears something light colored."

Great value for an entry level Jaguar.

By on Monday, September 9, 2013

Pros: "Great price, very fun to drive."

Cons: "Road noise, cost of maintenance."

"I bought this car second hand from a private seller and have had it for two months now. So far it has been a very satisfying drive. No issues so far other than an intermittent flashing battery warning light which eventually went away. Drive is smooth, corners like anything and could actually get you a speeding ticket (especially in Sport mode) if you don't watch the speedometer. Very nicely done interior and exterior styling that definitely turns heads. Good stock audio system. Lots of safety features that makes me feel confident on the road even with the entire family on board. Road noise is noticeable though unlike some other cars I've had (and I've been through quite a lot). Unless you have a nearby Jag dealer, then parts may be a challenge (luckily I've got one close by). Preventive maintenance is the key here as in all cars. Overall, I think it's bang for the buck."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jaguar X-Type near Honolulu. See local deals