ZIP code

2001 Jaguar S-Type

8.2

Based on 365 Ratings for the 2000 - 2008 models.

Wonderful Car

By on Wednesday, December 5, 2007

"What a wonderful vehicle. Like most others, I was initially worried about purchasing a Jag due to the "reliability" comments I had heard. Am I ever glad my wife talked me into this car! When you combine a wonderful ride, excellent styling and reliability that's off the charts and at this price. Wow, all I can say is what a great value this car has been. I'm about to trade it in on two new 2007 S-Types, one for me and one for the wife. And all this from a former German auto enthusiast."

Awesome Car

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "Most comfortable car ever"

Cons: "Maintenance can be a little expensive but not bad."

"This has been an outstanding car and still is very sound and reliable."

Love my kitty!

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "It's a beautiful car, lovely to drive"

Cons: "Kinda cheesy interior, parts are pretty pricey"

"I've had my Jaguar for just over 2 years now, & while it has had some issues (it was sold to me without disclosing some fairly major electrical/charging problems that didn't present themselves at the time of the pre-purchase exam), all in all, I do love my Jag! My husband was able to work on the electrical, so for now, it hasn't cost us anything but time, but it will be an expensive repair. We've replaced the upper ball joints, it was a $900 fix at the dealership that we did at home for $250 in parts. It isn't the easiest car to work on yourself, but it's do-able. It gets me to work every day without fail, has never (knock on wood) left me stranded. It gets 25 - 30 miles per gallon, with the v6, which, for me, has plenty of get up & go! I'm more than happy with the performance, ride & handling of this car:) The interior on the v6 is a little cheesy. I don't think it's been any higher or lower maintenance than any other cars that we have."

Great Performance and Comfort

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"Thie vehicle is the best value for its comfort, performance, and interior features. The styling is awesome and I would buy another Jaguar with out a any reservations."

Love my car!

By on Thursday, April 4, 2013

Pros: "zippy car, comfortable ride"

Cons: "bad paint sealant, replacing the transmission"

"I love driving my S-type, V-8. It has great get-up-and-go, and is very comfortable to drive or ride in. It is quiet as it glides down the highway. There's a solid feel to the entire car. I have had trouble with the front window motors and had to replace the transmission at 38,000 miles. The sound system recently gave out due to a short, so I will be replacing that as well. I also need to have the car painted as the clear sealant is peeling, and it makes the car look awful (this could be due to the strong Hawaiian sun). Other than that, I love this car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jaguar S-Type near Honolulu. See local deals