2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS

Based on 29 Ratings for the 1999 - 2001 models.

9.7/10

Turns heads

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"This vehicle definatley turns heads. It does seem a bit closed in and is difficult at least to enter the back seat. Once you get in the back there is more than enough room. The ride is stiff and bumpy and the gas milage could be better."

Engineered By Isuzu's Elite!!!

By on Thursday, August 19, 2010

"Tuned Off/On Road Suspension (ie. the Expansion Chambers Built onto the Shocks) Incredable Handling for an SUV. This Vehicle is incredibly Resiliant to the Corrosion Alaskans get up here. I tried to get this vehicle "Stuck" in the Snow... It just can't because it's traction/winter drive modes are so well designed. Some people don't know the vehicle also has pull out leg rests in the Racaro Seats, and the Engine's High End and Low End power capability due to it's Dual Overhead Cams that disable one at low rpm. Definatly a Vehicle that is In Demand here in Alaska."

Great Performer

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"Besides looking great, this car has it under the hood to back it up. Excellent power and acceleration, heavy duty racing shocks, tight turning radius, stable - no body lean in turns, terrific antilock braking (its saved me on wet road s 2-3 times), leather interior, and the recaro seats can't be beat for comfort and hold. Its difficult to get into the back - except for small kids, but once back there, the seat is positioned such that there is plenty of leg room. It has stiff shocks so you can feel the road (good or bad). Its a lot of fun to drive! Back in 2003 someone asked me if my 1999 was a 2004 model car - its very unsual and the looks are timeless."

Little Wonder

By on Monday, June 9, 2008

"This truck is the coolest ride i have ever owned. People still walk around it and have a look see, and often ask if it's a new car. The little devil did leave me stranded once. Tranny fried out. I threw in a used one, and it worked fine, until the flex plate broke. Fixed it up and then it broke again. The mechanic's "forgot" to replace a dowel pin on one side. Isuzu did warranty the flex plate. Other than that, the check engine light, popped up a few times, MAP SENSOR. Replaced throttle position sensor, EGR. 132,000 miles the engine is still running great, i live in Wisconsin and drive it fairly hard off road, and for work on the highway. I will probably drive this rig till the wheels come off. The visibility is bad, hard to find other drivers next to you, you can't rely on your rear views, you have to crank your head and do a complete visual, because the rear window is so small. Almost dangerous. Still, this is a fun buggy, and i still look forward to driving it everyday."

This is my 2nd Vx!

By on Saturday, August 2, 2014

Pros: "Funnest car ever. Great on or off road."

Cons: "Limited rear visibility, window regulators."

"I love my Vx. Never had a vehicle more fun to drive (of course I can't afford a Ferrari). Bought my first Vx new in 1999 and had it for about 10 years until some kid, driving daddy's BMW and not looking where he was going, plowed into it. Scoured the country for another and found my present one, the uber-rare Ironman edition, on eBay (and several states away). Yeah, I was nervous about buying a car sight unseen online but went ahead and took the plunge. It wasn't raised as nicely as my old one so it required a little TLC. I've now had this one for about 40k miles. Vx are notorious for window regulator issues which I've now gotten good at fixing. Am also having some tranny issues which, given the low blue book values they command, may not be worth fixing. But, I still love driving it more than any other vehicle which is why I will likely keep it until it craters. Other reviewers cite the difficulty of getting into the back seat but, given that I don't drive from the back seat, I don't care (kids don't have a problem with it... only you old folks do). It still gets a lot of looks on the road, only problem is they're all from guys :( So, all of you who are thinking about buying one, don't! Cause I wanna be the only cool person on the road."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Isuzu VehiCROSS near Honolulu. See local deals