2000 Isuzu VehiCROSS

Based on 29 Ratings for the 1999 - 2001 models.

9.7/10

Best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Sunday, October 16, 2016

Pros: "Unique, fun to drive, no major issues"

Cons: "Lack of cup holders, blind spots"

"I've had my VX for about 4 years now, and it's honestly been such a great ride. I haven't had any expensive issues with it and the most severe thing that I've had to replace was a pulley [and belt since it snapped that]. The unique design gets lots of looks no matter where I drive and it's comfortable inside for any long drive. I've put almost 40k miles on it since I've gotten it and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I've been through the Indiana winters with no problems and it's overall been such a great buy. My biggest complaint is the lack of cup holders in the car, and the multitude of blind spots - but they're easily overlooked."

Unbelievably fun!!

By on Saturday, April 23, 2016

Pros: "Too many to list."

Cons: "getting in the back seat and rear visibility"

"I cannot believe how much fun this thing is and I have taken it everywhere, the snow, the sand, the mud and this things has NO trouble! Has been reliable and gets the stares, my friends call it the Mars Rover. Everybody should own one of these at least once in their lifetime. Other than a little bit of a stiff ride, it is perfect."

This is my 2nd Vx!

By on Saturday, August 2, 2014

Pros: "Funnest car ever. Great on or off road."

Cons: "Limited rear visibility, window regulators."

"I love my Vx. Never had a vehicle more fun to drive (of course I can't afford a Ferrari). Bought my first Vx new in 1999 and had it for about 10 years until some kid, driving daddy's BMW and not looking where he was going, plowed into it. Scoured the country for another and found my present one, the uber-rare Ironman edition, on eBay (and several states away). Yeah, I was nervous about buying a car sight unseen online but went ahead and took the plunge. It wasn't raised as nicely as my old one so it required a little TLC. I've now had this one for about 40k miles. Vx are notorious for window regulator issues which I've now gotten good at fixing. Am also having some tranny issues which, given the low blue book values they command, may not be worth fixing. But, I still love driving it more than any other vehicle which is why I will likely keep it until it craters. Other reviewers cite the difficulty of getting into the back seat but, given that I don't drive from the back seat, I don't care (kids don't have a problem with it... only you old folks do). It still gets a lot of looks on the road, only problem is they're all from guys :( So, all of you who are thinking about buying one, don't! Cause I wanna be the only cool person on the road."

Little Wonder

By on Monday, June 9, 2008

"This truck is the coolest ride i have ever owned. People still walk around it and have a look see, and often ask if it's a new car. The little devil did leave me stranded once. Tranny fried out. I threw in a used one, and it worked fine, until the flex plate broke. Fixed it up and then it broke again. The mechanic's "forgot" to replace a dowel pin on one side. Isuzu did warranty the flex plate. Other than that, the check engine light, popped up a few times, MAP SENSOR. Replaced throttle position sensor, EGR. 132,000 miles the engine is still running great, i live in Wisconsin and drive it fairly hard off road, and for work on the highway. I will probably drive this rig till the wheels come off. The visibility is bad, hard to find other drivers next to you, you can't rely on your rear views, you have to crank your head and do a complete visual, because the rear window is so small. Almost dangerous. Still, this is a fun buggy, and i still look forward to driving it everyday."

Fun to Drive

By on Friday, December 14, 2007

"I have owned this about 2 years and it has been one of the funnest cars I have ever owned. It handles like a sports car, offroads like a jeep. The best of "Both Worlds". I am always getting asked "What is that?" or is that the new Isuzu? (and it is over 7 years old!). Great truck only bad thing's I can point out is the electric windows are bad (Go down OK but do not follow the track very well on the way up) & if you drive it like a hot rod do not expect very good gas mileage. (Best 21 mpg worst 14 mpg - AVG 18 mpg) Since there are so few made do not wreck it because finding parts can be hard. If you can find a good one buy it I guarantee you will be happy with it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Isuzu VehiCROSS near Honolulu. See local deals