ZIP code

1997 Isuzu Rodeo

7.9

Based on 157 Ratings for the 1992 - 1997 models.

Isuzu Quality

By on Wednesday, October 3, 2007

"I have a 1997 Rodeo that has been a great vehicle. Had some minor trouble like alternator problems, but nothing major. Mine has 140,000 and still runs good. The only negative thing I can say about it is that the motor makes a constant clicking noise and mechanics say it's very common with these vehicles. They don't really know what it is but it doesn't hurt performance or the motor. The other thing is that it uses oil, but I have no idea where. It doesn't leak any and it doesn't smoke any so I have no idea where it goes."

Very Reliable!

By on Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"I bought a brand new Isuzu Rodeo in 1995. 14 years and 249000 miles later, it is still going! The engine makes some noise, but it still starts up every time, even though I've been kind of hard on it. The only complaint I have is that the AC stopped working a couple of years ago. I plan to drive this car for the rest of its life, which could be a while. My next car would be another Rodeo, if they still made them."

Love my 96 LS Rodeo

By on Thursday, January 8, 2009

"I bought my 96 rodeo in 1999 with 56000 miles. It now has 175200 miles. It was an Arizona vehicle for 7 yrs and had plenty of steep mountainous road climbing power enroute to Flagstaff...my Ford Explorer never did, and climbs like a bear off road. I love it. I've never had a major repair...a water pump went, hoses, belts, batteries, tires. Brakes? 4 wheel disc brakes...have NOT replaced but once in 100k! yeah, I'm a moderate driver on surface streets. The HLA's tick, actually only the rear one on the passenger side... but once or twice a year I run straight cheap tranny fluid to cleanse the inside of the engine and that seems to help as it breaks downt the varnish on the sponge-like HLA's...and they behave quietly for a few months...but it's ok. been ticking for years without a problem. I find the seats are a bit basic and hard...but it's a truck...and I'm fine with it. other than that, roomy enough, hauls plenty of stuff I find on Craigslist, and has plenty of HPower. I will likely put a new engine in it if it breaks. I now live in Minnesota and it is great in the snow. Starts easily every day in sub zero winters. 4WD on the fly is great and once in 4WD..never a problem. ABS brakes stop this truck nicely in all kinds of slick roads. Buying this Indiana manufactured vehicle is one of the best decisions I've made."

1995 rodeo

By on Tuesday, April 8, 2008

"have owned my rodeo for 8 years and have never had major issues. the truck is a little under-powered, but runs great! highly recommended"

Our Best Vehicle So Far

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"My husband and I bought our 1996 Rodeo used in July 2000 with 61K miles on it. Since then we have used it for long trips about once a month through the mountains in Washington state, daily driving, and have beat it up on rough backwoods roads. We have never had any problems with it. It's been totally dependable this entire time until now. We neglected to keep up maintanance on it and are just now have problems. It's been almost 8 years and about 78k miles later. We've only had to replace the alternator, starter, brakes, and tires in all this time. If we had kept up on it I have no doubt it could have gone another 100k miles. I would buy another one and recommend them to anyone. It's the perfect size for our family and pretty roomy and comfortable in my opinion. The only thing I would change about it would be to give it some more horsepower. Going up mountain passes you have to put your foot into it but it does the job. We are looking for something new to replace it and I'm finding it hard because I keep comparing everthing to the Rodeo and nothing is just right. It's been great for us and I'll be sad to see it go."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Isuzu Rodeo near Honolulu. See local deals