1996 Isuzu Rodeo

7.9

Based on 157 Ratings for the 1992 - 1997 models.

Isuzu Quality

By on Wednesday, October 3, 2007

"I have a 1997 Rodeo that has been a great vehicle. Had some minor trouble like alternator problems, but nothing major. Mine has 140,000 and still runs good. The only negative thing I can say about it is that the motor makes a constant clicking noise and mechanics say it's very common with these vehicles. They don't really know what it is but it doesn't hurt performance or the motor. The other thing is that it uses oil, but I have no idea where. It doesn't leak any and it doesn't smoke any so I have no idea where it goes."

Best SUV!

By on Sunday, December 25, 2011

"What a shame that these cars are no longer manufactured. We have had this car for 15 years and have never had a problem with it! Just normal checkups and maintenance. It's also great to have a 4 cylinder SUV as it saves on gas yet can handle what a pickup truck can."

Very Reliable!

By on Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"I bought a brand new Isuzu Rodeo in 1995. 14 years and 249000 miles later, it is still going! The engine makes some noise, but it still starts up every time, even though I've been kind of hard on it. The only complaint I have is that the AC stopped working a couple of years ago. I plan to drive this car for the rest of its life, which could be a while. My next car would be another Rodeo, if they still made them."

Love my 96 LS Rodeo

By on Thursday, January 8, 2009

"I bought my 96 rodeo in 1999 with 56000 miles. It now has 175200 miles. It was an Arizona vehicle for 7 yrs and had plenty of steep mountainous road climbing power enroute to Flagstaff...my Ford Explorer never did, and climbs like a bear off road. I love it. I've never had a major repair...a water pump went, hoses, belts, batteries, tires. Brakes? 4 wheel disc brakes...have NOT replaced but once in 100k! yeah, I'm a moderate driver on surface streets. The HLA's tick, actually only the rear one on the passenger side... but once or twice a year I run straight cheap tranny fluid to cleanse the inside of the engine and that seems to help as it breaks downt the varnish on the sponge-like HLA's...and they behave quietly for a few months...but it's ok. been ticking for years without a problem. I find the seats are a bit basic and hard...but it's a truck...and I'm fine with it. other than that, roomy enough, hauls plenty of stuff I find on Craigslist, and has plenty of HPower. I will likely put a new engine in it if it breaks. I now live in Minnesota and it is great in the snow. Starts easily every day in sub zero winters. 4WD on the fly is great and once in 4WD..never a problem. ABS brakes stop this truck nicely in all kinds of slick roads. Buying this Indiana manufactured vehicle is one of the best decisions I've made."

1995 rodeo

By on Tuesday, April 8, 2008

"have owned my rodeo for 8 years and have never had major issues. the truck is a little under-powered, but runs great! highly recommended"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Isuzu Rodeo near Honolulu. See local deals