1996 INFINITI G

Based on 78 Ratings for the 1992 - 1996 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Awsome deal

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"I bought my G20 with 160k miles and it now has 225K miles. You couldn't tell coz I still leave much newer cars in the dust at the lights (stick shift, awsome!) Handling is great and service is inexpensive. All options work perfectly and best of all, it sips gas! Like most other owners, the only gripe is for cupholders. I intend to keep this ride till the wheels fall off."

A Quality Package

By on Saturday, September 22, 2007

"An excellent vehicle in every way, Styling looks surprisngly good for an 11 year old car and performance is still very strong. Manual gearbox is recommended for this model as it improves all facets of performance and driveability"

Don't Judge It By Its Cover

By on Sunday, August 10, 2008

"I decided to buy this car as a last resort. I was so fed up with car shopping so I decided to pick my Infiniti G20. Ever since I bought it 4 years ago I have had no major problems with it whatsoever. It runs great and is pretty reliable. I was really impressed with this car especially since I wasn't expecting much out of it."

To Infiniti and beyond... :)

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Reason: Sold to a friend

Pros: "reliable, good on gas, fun to drive (with 5 speed)"

Cons: "no cup holders"

"Picked up a 5 speed 1993 G20 at an auction in 2000 with 95K on the odometer for $4K. Little did I know WHAT A STEAL that would turn out to be! I ended up driving 190K miles on it over the next 12 years. The sunroof/moonroof, nicely cushioned leather, power windows, and matching 2-toned door paneling made the interior a nice place to be. Installing a bluetooth deck, upgraded speakers, and an amplified subwoofer made it even better. One thing that would be annoying at times was the absence of usable cup holders. The fuel expense was super low for a car that could comfortably seat 4 while running 110 mph on the freeway. I once averaged 35 mpg on the freeway during a 1200 mile roadtrip. When reaching its 130 mph limit, the chassis remained solid and never felt unsettled on the roadway. Thanks to it's great handling (made even better with lowering springs and adjustable gas shocks), it turned out to be a fun track day car as well, easily beating cars with 4 times the horsepower that cost over 10 times as much (and probably twice as heavy too though). All of this out of a 4 cylinder running on regular unleaded gas. The SR20 is a gem of a motor. It's a super reliable twin cam unit with a timing chain instead of a belt. As for maintenance costs, I only needed to replace the starter, alternator, valve cover gasket, and window regulators once or twice. They were simple enough jobs to do myself with a pair of ramps and a couple of wrenches. The biggest expense was having the clutch replaced once to the tune of about $400 including parts and labor. The EGR valve did need cleaning a couple times ($80 each) as well as CV boots and motor mounts. Also, the ABS unit quit on me at around 220K. It was over $1K for a new unit and with the 4 wheel disc brakes I never had any issues during braking without it, so I never replaced it. At around 285K, the transmission finally gave out (if you haven't noticed, I did more than a fair amount of "spirited driving" in it). A good friend of mine found a new one and installed it. Since I had already bought another car, I ended up selling it to another friend who needed more reliable transportation. He still drives it daily today with well over 300K! Like I said, to Inifiniti and beyond... :)"

This car is the bomb

By on Tuesday, September 4, 2007

"got the car in 2001 with 113000 miles on it. Now the car has 200000 and still going strong. Had to get new rear rottors mufler and a starter everything else is original."

Ol' Faithful died :(

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"I had it for 9yrs...It ran for 216,000 miles strong...transmission gave out, I don't think it worth repairing. I will miss Ol' Faithful!!!"

By on Tuesday, May 25, 2010

By on Sunday, May 2, 2010

By on Saturday, August 8, 2009

"my first car and loved it until the day i sold it. took me in style from east to west coast without moaning. very reliable until its old age, but always stylish, clean look. Unique too."

Best car ever

By on Saturday, April 18, 2009

"Original owner. Amazingly reliable. 133K miles and nothing major. Starter and motor mounts."

Great car!

By on Sunday, March 29, 2009

"I bought mine with around 100K on it for $2200 and now have about 120K, Had to fix a few items that prev owner neglected but after that, it has been bullet proof. I put flipdown cuoholders in it and a sunroof deflector, this will take you anywhere. Tach gauge goes crazy(common), otherwise no issues. Fun to drive and handles great. More interesting to own than a Corolla or Civic!"

Almost Flawless

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"had my car over 13 years... no unusual major repairs! nearing 140,000 and still runs almost new!"

Good auto, great value!

By on Sunday, January 18, 2009

"Great vehicle! I have owned a 92 and 94, the 92 was a 5 speed stick and the 94 was an automatic. Both got great gas mileage, good performance, comfortable and reliable. Engine runs well; both gave us over 175,000 miles of good service."

Love this car

By on Sunday, November 23, 2008

"Car is reliable, provides great visibility, and gets decent gas mileage. But the greatest feature is its handling. If you like a sports car feel with the convenience of a 4 door sedan, this car is for you."

Its awesome

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"I got this car with 165,000 miles and since then i have put on 20,000 and some change. Their has been only minor problems that i would blame on myself such as stereo system blew alternator. Also an unqualified mechanic made a mistake before i bought it. This caused for the starter to go out. Other than that it has started through winter and summer with no problems at all. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone. It is also very hard to get rid of when i am in the process of getting a new vehicle just knowing that it is that good of a vehicle."

By on Sunday, November 16, 2008

Great college car

By on Monday, October 6, 2008

"I got this car from a guy to make it the last few years of college, and it made it and was awesome up until some broad rear ended me. I had to replace a air intake for the engine, and it needed some muffler work, but through two cold Minnesota winters it started faithfully. It did pretty well in my small college town and Minneapolis. If you find this car for a good price and it's anything like mine, you neednt worry about it falling apart on you."

Extremely Reliable, very comfortable long-miler

By on Monday, August 11, 2008

"I purchased my 1996 G20 used in 2000 from the original owner, who drove it about 120,000 miles. Since then, I've put another 125,000 miles on it, and have found the car to be the most reliable I've ever owned. My expenses so far have been limited to wear-and-tear items - the clutch was replaced at 170,000, and the oxygen, VSS, and knock sensors have all been replaced as they failed. A CV joint was replaced after I took the car camping and hit a large pothole. I also had the water pump replaced at 210,000 miles. Mechanically, the engine is very tight and sound. The front main seal weeps a few drops of oil per week, but so far hasn't justified the cost or trouble of replacing it. The car is not my everyday driver anymore, but it extremely comfortable for long trips and as an occasional grocery-getter. The leather and paint have far exceeded my expectations, and I could hardly be more happy with a car as I have been with this Infiniti product."

VERY good car

By on Sunday, June 8, 2008

"I bought this car for my daughter.....it had 123k miles on it but for 3400 it was totally worth it! It now has 145k miles and is running like when we first bought it.....very pleased with the way it drives and its fuel economy....the only thing wrong is that the RPM meter is going crazy and when you turn the car on or the press the gas...it says its going 4-7 rpms but its not....i think it needs to be calibrated or something. Anyway, i love it...for sure would recommend it!!"

Awesome car

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"I bought this car used a few years ago, and it now has over 170,000 miles on it and it is still going strong! I have had to replace 2 fuel injectors, which was pricey, but haven't had problems since. This car is well built, and will keep going strong for a while!"

190K and still good for track days

By on Thursday, January 17, 2008

"I've owned this vehicle since about 90K miles. I recently let a friend borrow it for a weekend and he was amazed at the power and handling, especially for the car's age. I've only added sport suspension and a k & n filter and I can hold my own on track days with brand new cars with twice as many cylinders. I've only needed to replace the clutch and a motor mount back around 50k miles ago. I plan to keep this car for a long time to come."

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2008

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2007

decent value

By on Thursday, October 11, 2007

"I've had this car about 3 and 1/2 years. got it at 140000 and it now has 185000. it holds up.. however I've had to replace starter, fuel pump, and repair some major rust damage on the roof. Also I've had to replace a few cosmetic interior pieces that I picked up from the junk yard. Overall its good but I think that it was a little abused when I got it. considering the neglect of maintenance, It is running well. I will have to replace either the clutch or something in the tranny soon, I haven't decided but it is making noises when I shift. Tends to have electrical problems where some dashboard and interior lights short out sometimes(nothing major) and some of the window switches have stopped working. The engine is awesome. the spark plugs are clean every time I change the oil. However, it does hesitate too much when the A/C is on. My only complaint comfort wise is cup holders should have been part of the interior design"

Very Dependable

By on Thursday, October 11, 2007

"Good gas. Reliable daily driver. Smart investment."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching INFINITI G near Honolulu. See local deals