1996 INFINITI G

Based on 78 Ratings for the 1992 - 1996 models.

Awsome deal

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"I bought my G20 with 160k miles and it now has 225K miles. You couldn't tell coz I still leave much newer cars in the dust at the lights (stick shift, awsome!) Handling is great and service is inexpensive. All options work perfectly and best of all, it sips gas! Like most other owners, the only gripe is for cupholders. I intend to keep this ride till the wheels fall off."

A Quality Package

By on Saturday, September 22, 2007

"An excellent vehicle in every way, Styling looks surprisngly good for an 11 year old car and performance is still very strong. Manual gearbox is recommended for this model as it improves all facets of performance and driveability"

Don't Judge It By Its Cover

By on Sunday, August 10, 2008

"I decided to buy this car as a last resort. I was so fed up with car shopping so I decided to pick my Infiniti G20. Ever since I bought it 4 years ago I have had no major problems with it whatsoever. It runs great and is pretty reliable. I was really impressed with this car especially since I wasn't expecting much out of it."

To Infiniti and beyond... :)

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Reason: Sold to a friend

Pros: "reliable, good on gas, fun to drive (with 5 speed)"

Cons: "no cup holders"

"Picked up a 5 speed 1993 G20 at an auction in 2000 with 95K on the odometer for $4K. Little did I know WHAT A STEAL that would turn out to be! I ended up driving 190K miles on it over the next 12 years. The sunroof/moonroof, nicely cushioned leather, power windows, and matching 2-toned door paneling made the interior a nice place to be. Installing a bluetooth deck, upgraded speakers, and an amplified subwoofer made it even better. One thing that would be annoying at times was the absence of usable cup holders. The fuel expense was super low for a car that could comfortably seat 4 while running 110 mph on the freeway. I once averaged 35 mpg on the freeway during a 1200 mile roadtrip. When reaching its 130 mph limit, the chassis remained solid and never felt unsettled on the roadway. Thanks to it's great handling (made even better with lowering springs and adjustable gas shocks), it turned out to be a fun track day car as well, easily beating cars with 4 times the horsepower that cost over 10 times as much (and probably twice as heavy too though). All of this out of a 4 cylinder running on regular unleaded gas. The SR20 is a gem of a motor. It's a super reliable twin cam unit with a timing chain instead of a belt. As for maintenance costs, I only needed to replace the starter, alternator, valve cover gasket, and window regulators once or twice. They were simple enough jobs to do myself with a pair of ramps and a couple of wrenches. The biggest expense was having the clutch replaced once to the tune of about $400 including parts and labor. The EGR valve did need cleaning a couple times ($80 each) as well as CV boots and motor mounts. Also, the ABS unit quit on me at around 220K. It was over $1K for a new unit and with the 4 wheel disc brakes I never had any issues during braking without it, so I never replaced it. At around 285K, the transmission finally gave out (if you haven't noticed, I did more than a fair amount of "spirited driving" in it). A good friend of mine found a new one and installed it. Since I had already bought another car, I ended up selling it to another friend who needed more reliable transportation. He still drives it daily today with well over 300K! Like I said, to Inifiniti and beyond... :)"

This car is the bomb

By on Tuesday, September 4, 2007

"got the car in 2001 with 113000 miles on it. Now the car has 200000 and still going strong. Had to get new rear rottors mufler and a starter everything else is original."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching INFINITI G near Honolulu. See local deals