2016 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,495 - $19,343.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 06/01/2017

10/6.9

7.9

Based on 117 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Love the turbo!

By on Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pros: "Sporty unique look, fun to drive, large trunk"

Cons: "Needs power seats,no dimmer for display screen"

"Loved the 2012 Veloster so much we bought 2 this year and just traded one in for the turbo. The turbo is worth the extra money! Love the push button start, all the added extras, rear camera has a wide view angle. Ride is a lot smoother than the 2012 version and extremely smooth handling. Thinking about trading in our other 2012 for another turbo!"

Great Fun for a great price

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "Price, Looks Great, Sound System, Tech Gadgets"

Cons: "No express down for passenger,"

"I love this little car. I traded my 2011 Genesis coupe for a 2012 Veloster. Quality issues plagued the Genesis but the Veloster seems to be solid and better built. It is fun to drive and is fully loaded. If you can afford it take both packages, style and tech. You will have everything available including the beautiful wheels that have body colored painted inserts. Although it is not as fast as the Genesis was, it does fine under all driving situations. I chose a manual transmission because with engines this small, it gives me the option of fuel economy or acceleration. 6 speed tranny shifts smooth and reverse has a back up camera the displays on the GPS. The Sound System is great and works seamlessly with an iPod. Just a couple of very small things that I would have liked on this car. It does not have a passenger express up and down window. I would have liked turn signals on the mirror and a LED light for the alarm. If you do not like strangers walking up to you at gas stations, grocery stores, etc, this is not your car. Mine is blue with style and tech packages and I cannot get out or in this car in public places without someone asking me about it. Great Job Hyundai."

Great Funky Car for it's Value (Turbo)

By on Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Pros: "Great power, very tech oriented, great value"

Cons: "Spotty handling, Electric Steering"

"I own the Turbo with the 6 speed Auto (Conventional Auto not the Dual Clutch model in the NA Veloster). Have driven it all over the eastern U.S. in the 5 months. Overview: The turbo model is quite spritely, and honestly the Auto is better than the manual. I drove both, the manual combined with the ECU oriented drivetrain design introduces painful amounts of turbo lag. But the Auto is great especially in sport mode or using the manual shift function is great and keeps the car always in its ideal power band. I chose this over the Genesis Coupe because it has a ton more useable space, and was cheaper with more standard features, and has pretty good gas mileage for its power. Things I love: The quirky design, its unique and gets lots of questions. The turbo motor makes a pretty nice sound under load, and has very useful torque band for day-to-day driving. The ridiculously good standard features on the turbo model, the sound system is amazing, I love the Pandora app and the streaming bluetooth audio. The hand's-free and voice control works pretty good. Of all the infotainment systems I've seen in cars this is amongst the most user friendly. On smooth roads the car is glued to the road, I take corners at 3 times the speed other people do, not smooth roads (see thoughts below). The blue features are pretty cool (I use the remote start from my phone all the time), the fact I never have to take the key out of my pocket, I can walk up to the car and press the button on the handle to unlock, get in the car and push the push start, its awesome! Things that need improved: Some of the buttons and stalk stuff seem awkwardly placed. The ride can be rougher than it needs to be (Hard ride is not necessary for sporty handling). The electric steering doesn't always seem to know what its doing and seems to get confused when in a hard turn and then having to suddenly slow down. Things I don't like: The rear suspension needs some serious tweaking, everything is great as long as the road is smooth, but if you hit an expansion joint at the right angle in a turn the rear end will step out which is jarring and not confidence inspiring to say the least. The interior is getting pretty rattly especially in the dash, a combination of a stiff suspension and not the greatest chassis contribute to this. The visibility is poor (I knew this buying it), but for such a small car it has some huge blind spots. I am hoping to fix the suspension and add some chassis bracing to make the car near perfect! Bottome Line: I think this is a pretty solid start for Hyundai into the Hot Hatch market. They have made amazing strides in the last few years, I think them and Kia are the Toyota of the 90's in the 201X's. For it's value and standard equipment it's hard to find a comparable model."

I like this car

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

"Owned this car for 2 weeks dont know how people are geting 40 mpg I cant even get 35 out of it on freeway at 72 mph. Also it seems the speedo is off by about 5 mph. other than that I like the car. Oh one more thing it does'nt come with a spare tire or jack and tools if you want those it's 250.00"

Great Little Car for the Price

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "Great price for the features, excellent mpg"

Cons: "Sluggish acceleration for 138 hp"

At the Dealership

"This car met all of my expectations, except for acceleration, which is a little sluggish for a 138hp engine, and larger than normal blind spots (fixed with fish-eye mirrors). I use it mostly to commute to and from work in Dallas, and average 31 mpg with A/C on, and 35 mpg with A/C off. What really surprised me was the highway mileage; I drove to Richmond, VA and back, and averaged 38 mpg on the Interstate. The front seats are comfortable, and the two back seats are acceptable if you aren't tall (I'm 5'10, and have no problems). The audio system is very good, and blue-tooth links effortlessly. The nav system is accurate, although loading the address information could be better. The car looks good, and I get a lot of inquiries and positive comments. Overall I have no regrets and thoroughly enjoy driving the Veloster."

At the Dealership