2014 Hyundai Veloster

7.9

Based on 117 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Fun if you use the shifter

By on Friday, March 8, 2013

Pros: "Tech value, space, looks, 10/100000 warranty"

Cons: "acceleration in drive, some shoddy interior parts"

The Bulldog

"First the negatives. The biggest complaint I have about this car is acceleration in drive. A lot of hesitation when you punch it. If you have been looking at this car at all, this is no surprise. Also, you will not get 40 mpg hwy unless you drive it 55 on flat roads all the time. And if you like having fun driving like I do, you won't even come close. I deal with the acceleration problem by using the dual clutch shifters. Once you get the hang of it you have plenty of power and you can rev this car to 5K without seeming to stress it. I would recommend manual shift but I have a wife, so.... that's why I got auto. One other thing, the steering wheel started peeling after about 5000 miles. Hyundai replaced but jeez. I've only put 10K miles on it, but there may be some suspect workmanship here and there. Should all be covered though. The positives: You get a lot of good technology for the money. I am going to let BlueLink lapse because I never use/need it. But my entertainment options are almost unlimited and I love handsfree phone. I love the way the car looks, inside and out. I love how much space it has for the size. The trunk will hold two golf bags and a weeks worth of groceries without a problem. I rarely have to put down the back seats. I have three kids and it's ideal for getting them around especially with the third door (which I also love), and I took 3 adult friends to a football game last fall and we were comfortable for two hours each way. One of them fell asleep in back on the way home. This is my favorite car since my 81 Honda Wagon. Hyundai to me are what Honda used to be."

The Bulldog

Great commuter car!!!

By on Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pros: "Sporty, great interior, fit and finish."

Cons: "Suspension is a bit harsh, no spare tire."

My Veloster

"I have a 2012 Veloster and, its absolutely amazing. I am averaging about 30 MPGs. I've not had one issues with it. I gets alot of attention from others. Everyone wants to know who makes it? Love the interior design and, the red interior really stands out with the white exterior. I never thought I would buy a Hyundai but, with all the strides this company has made it makes perfect sense. I believe Hyundai is making some really great cars and, this is definitely one of them."

My Veloster

Amazing car for the money

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "Amazing int and ext, great gas and fun to drive"

Cons: "4 seats"

"I was in the market for a hatchback and i was intrigued with the veloster but after reading some reviews saying how the car is slow and sluggish i had to test drive one the car is just fine it drives just like a mazda3, focus or civic its not a v8 600 hp car but its really reasonable especially with the gas mileage it gets. the car is the most comfortable and it has more room in the front and back ( im 6'4 )of the cars i tested, it has the most gadgets for the money it drives really good and its the best looking in my opinion. I just advise people that are thinking about buying the car to actually drive it before discarding it because you will enjoy it, especially with the eco off. ps: that thing about leaking in the back when it rains doesn't happen on mine not sure if it got fixed with the 2013 model or what but its good."

Great fun little car!

By on Friday, July 1, 2016

Reason: lease ended

"I drove the Veloster Turbo for 3 years. It's a good size car if you're the only person driving in it (which was perfect for my needs). You can't fit adults in the back seats unless they are petite adults, and my 6 ft husband was too big to comfortably fit in the passenger seat. The only downside to the car is that I found it hard to get in and out of the car, and it has poor rear visibility. The cargo space is enough to fit groceries, but sometimes I wished it was a bit bigger. I like that it's zippy and fun to drive, and can accelerate quickly when you need to. I like that it has a sporty body style. You can definitely feel all the bumps in the road, I would't call it a smooth ride but it didn't bother me. When I first got the car there was an issue with one of the speakers, but the dealership fixed it for free. I never had any mechanical problems."

Speed, Style, and Value

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Size, Fuel Efficiency, Style, Cargo, Speed, Radio,"

Cons: "Front bumber is a little low, BlueLink is sketchy."

"I bought a 2013 Veloster Turbo Matte Black in November. Nearly every day I tell this car that I love it. It's easy to park, fast, nimble and comfortable and an absolute head-turner. The team at Fairfax Hyundai went above and beyond to make sure I was blissful, and still am. Tech Package- I love my back-up camera, great view, even in the rain. Panoramic sunroof is huge. Cons: The Bluelink is inconsistent and difficult to use (and I'm in the technology field). GPS is not user friendly."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Veloster near Honolulu. See local deals