2014 Hyundai Veloster

7.9

Based on 121 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

very good commuter

By on Monday, August 7, 2017

Pros: "mpg, price, fun, design, compact, roomy"

Cons: "a/c, tranny questionable, insulation, lack of hp"

"Main issues for me are the a/c unit and manual transmission. Living in Nevada i dont think a/c sufficient enough for the hot Las Vegas summers. Sure the a/c works and blows cold air but even with tinted windows, I dont think theres enough insulation in the car. As for the manual transmission, it started to make rattling noises at around 38000 miles. Also the drivetrain warranty, it will take forever (couple months) to replace the transmission because the replacement tranny is coming from South Korea. Other than those issues, the veloster is an excellent city car with very good highway mpg, very light and maneuverable chassis, roomier than it looks with convenient hatchback design, and personally I would not seat anyone taller than 59 in the back seats. I recommend getting the turbo version of the Veloster because the NA 1.6 liter is underpowered against the wind plus it does not like the cold weather some odd reason. The driver seating position is excellent. C-pillars cause major blind spots along with back window splitter, makes it kind of hard to tell if thats cop behind you. I give this Veloster RE:Mix Edition 8/10 for what it is made for, economy sporty-looking city car."

Would not recommend

By on Friday, September 1, 2017

Pros: "Unique body design, nice paint color burnt orange"

Cons: "Electrical, AC, tires, suspension, etc"

"Ive had this car for 2.5 years and would not recommend it to anyone. I purchased the turbo model. Ive had what I call ghost electrical issues where the car wont start sometimes or the stereo wont work. This will just happen out of the blue. The original tires lasted me about 8000 miles before wearing out. Bear in mind that is not from driving crazy either, thats just regular city driving. The air-conditioning is severely under-powered and really does not blow very cool. It was like that when I purchased the vehicle. There is no spare tire. You spend 24K on a car and it doesnt come with a donut? That to me is crazy. The car handles fairly well but potholes or speed bumps or horrendous. The suspension leaves a lot to be desired. I hit 1 small bump and it feels like the car drove over a hole 3 feet deep. The car design is nice but performance wise it just isnt worth the money. Mine is listed @ 205hp and it just doesnt feel like 205hp. Not impressed with the stereo and 400 watt Dimension sound system either. All-in-all, disappointing purchase and wont be buying Hyundai again."

Love the turbo!

By on Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pros: "Sporty unique look, fun to drive, large trunk"

Cons: "Needs power seats,no dimmer for display screen"

"Loved the 2012 Veloster so much we bought 2 this year and just traded one in for the turbo. The turbo is worth the extra money! Love the push button start, all the added extras, rear camera has a wide view angle. Ride is a lot smoother than the 2012 version and extremely smooth handling. Thinking about trading in our other 2012 for another turbo!"

I like this car

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

"Owned this car for 2 weeks dont know how people are geting 40 mpg I cant even get 35 out of it on freeway at 72 mph. Also it seems the speedo is off by about 5 mph. other than that I like the car. Oh one more thing it does'nt come with a spare tire or jack and tools if you want those it's 250.00"

Great Little Car for the Price

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "Great price for the features, excellent mpg"

Cons: "Sluggish acceleration for 138 hp"

At the Dealership

"This car met all of my expectations, except for acceleration, which is a little sluggish for a 138hp engine, and larger than normal blind spots (fixed with fish-eye mirrors). I use it mostly to commute to and from work in Dallas, and average 31 mpg with A/C on, and 35 mpg with A/C off. What really surprised me was the highway mileage; I drove to Richmond, VA and back, and averaged 38 mpg on the Interstate. The front seats are comfortable, and the two back seats are acceptable if you aren't tall (I'm 5'10, and have no problems). The audio system is very good, and blue-tooth links effortlessly. The nav system is accurate, although loading the address information could be better. The car looks good, and I get a lot of inquiries and positive comments. Overall I have no regrets and thoroughly enjoy driving the Veloster."

At the Dealership

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Veloster near Honolulu. See local deals