2012 Hyundai Veloster

7.9

Based on 117 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Love this car more every day

By on Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Pros: "MPGzzzzzzz, options, safety"

Cons: "None I can think of."

"I have owned my 6-speed Veloster (a.k.a Veloceraptor) since new (1.5 yrs). This is a really fun car to drive, the steering feels great - like you are connected to the road. I get incredible gas mileage commuting 65 miles a day. Just drove from GA to VA and back and I averaged 40mpg the whole trip. Also the cars comes loaded with options (even base model) and is one of the safest compact cars on the road because its loaded with airbags. I think it turns into a marshmellow if wrecked. Anyway...love the car and would recommend to anyone."

Awesome Vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pros: "SUPER fun to drive, EXTREMELY economical"

Cons: "Cant think of even one con with this vehicle"

"I purchased my 2012 Veloster used in July 2014 and have loved every minute of it. With the Tech package, like mine, anything that could make a car comfortable for daily driving or a long trip is included in this vehicle! This car is super easy on gas (32 mpg everyday driving / 40 mpg highway only) and the insurance dropped an automatic 15% because of all of the safety features. The Veloster is super fun to drive and extremely economical. I've never been one to love smaller cars (and I haven't owned a 4 cyl since I was a teenager), but this one has my vote. It rides/drives well, even on lengthy trips, has plenty of room in the backseat for teenagers, and looks sporty with that hidden third door!"

Amazing Car, Hefty but Sporty

By on Monday, March 7, 2016

Pros: "Unique look, lots features, Turbo is #1 Trim"

Cons: "Getting in/out, highly recommend some DIY-upgrade"

"My new 2016 Turbo is an amazing car. The turbo is good and does make that "psshhht" sound roughly at 3000rpm or so. Great pick up. Suspension is not great on roads with a lot of holes and bumps but the ride is smooth everywhere else. Recommend K&N filter for easy boost in performance and sound and new BOV. **My favorite is the ECO button and seeing my MPG average on the highway for commuting, and turning off ECO a serious performance increase. **My least favorite is the bit of awkwardness getting in and out of the car and how tough the leather seats are (old car had cloth seats). You get used to it"

Major Disappointment

By on Thursday, September 5, 2013

Pros: "There is nothing positive I can say about this car"

Cons: "The entire vehicle is a con"

"I purchased my 2013 Veloster with the style package in November of 2012. The test drive and first few months were great. The audio system sounded amazing, the ride was firm and sporty. Overall, I was happy. Then the problems came, specifically the rattling. They Veloster is so poorly manufactured, it's disheartening. The interior is made with such cheap plastic. I've experienced rattles in the over head area above the visors, both have been worked on by the dealer, but have returned. Both the driver side and passenger side doors constantly rattle. The center console it constantly creaking when driving, or resting my elbow on it. When it is hot outside, even more creaking and rattling can be heard throughout the car when driving. I'm assuming it's the transmission, but there are so many annoying sounds that come from underneath the car when driving. It just sounds like this car is going to fall apart at any moment. The DCT transmission gets very annoying to drive after a while. I have had four speakers replaced. The driver side woofer, one of the rear woofers, and twice for the passenger side woofer. If you look for speaker problems for the Veloster on forums, you will find a lot of people who have experienced problems. I have had fuel pump issues. I have had air conditioner issues. I have had stereo issues. Specifically, well, the speakers keep blowing out, the head unit freezes up often and has to be reset, the tweeters randomly work and not work. The bluetooth music streaming with any app, ios or android, is absolutely terrible quality. It sounds like mp3s ripped at 32 kbps. Horrible, useless. I have had my car in for repairs four times in the past few months, totaling to about a month and half. I dread the day my warranty expires. Hyundai may have revamped their image and advertising, and may be producing better designed cars, but the quality is terrible. If you are looking to purchase a Hyundai, do a lot of research. The best advice I can offer is to just stay away from Hyundai, and consider other brands. I wish I had never purchased this vehicle, and every day I drive with regret."

Disappointed

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage"

Cons: "Carpets are hard to vacuum. Engine is sluggish."

"When I open the doors following rain, there is water on the inside of the door frame. The carpets are terrible to vacuum. The blind spot in right rear corner makes backing somewhat more difficult. The back seat doesn't fold completely flat. Great gas mileage. Many people have asked about the car and commented on its great looks."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Veloster near Honolulu. See local deals