2012 Hyundai Veloster

7.9

Based on 117 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Great Car For The Price

By on Monday, January 7, 2013

Pros: "great value,,looks different,fun to drive"

Cons: "steering has dead spot,lacking power with air on"

"i own the 2012 black pearl v and my wife owns the green v she has automatic,mine is 6speed manual,we both love our cars they are roomy for drivers and front passengers,only drawback is those 18 inch wheels are terrible in the snow,we have got winter tires and wheels for the car it handles totally different since we put them on much better in snow now.if i were to have option to buy again i would"

Won't buy this car again.

By on Friday, February 1, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, sleek, fun to drive."

Cons: "Many problems, especially when it's cold."

"We purchased this car new, the 2013 Veloster with matte grey paint. The car looks awesome, very stylish and sleek. Problems started just one week after purchasing the car. The radio stopped working, and when we brought it to the dealership, they wouldn't fix it because it magically started working for them. After 3 trips to the dealership and a week of a loaner car, they finally said they fixed it. The next day the radio stopped working again, so they decided to replace it. Two weeks to get the radio. Shortly after the radio incident, the back up sensors would beep constantly and not stop. We had this checked again, many times, and it wasn't until the third or fourth time that they finally found a bad sensor which they replaced. A week later, they sensors beep constantly and we are told that we live in Wisconsin and it will beep because of the cold. The worst thing to happen is the cold air that comes in from the bottom of the car. If it drops below freezing, we have to use a blanket to cover our legs because of the cold air coming in from the bottom of the car. Again, they checked it and saw the temperature from the seat down is below freezing even with the heater on high heat. They say there is no fix for this problem so we have to live with it. The did replace the back window because they said it was defective, but that didn't stop the cold air from coming in. Comfort for someone who is above six foot is problem. My head hits the ceiling and I am six foot two inches. The latest is the keyless entry. It doesn't work half the time, you have to hit the lock button to unlock and vice versa. The button on the door to unlock and lock works half the time. Again, the dealership said they can't get it to act up for them, so there's nothing they can do. Basically what I've come up with is that the car just doesn't do well in the cold. The dealership checks the car after it's warmed up inside the garage, so they don't get to see the problems when it's cold. If you live in a cold climate, don't buy this car."

100 percent satisfied

By on Monday, January 6, 2014

Pros: "Image, economy, performance"

Cons: "No power seat or auto climate control"

White Lightning

"Great little car, sporty handling, economical to drive, over 30 mpg on regular gas. Has all the latest electronic toys and the glass top is very attractive. Every where I go, I get compliments on the looks. The third door and hatch makes it very convenient to access the rear space. The only thing left to make this the perfect sporty coupe is to put the 2.0L turbo under the hood."

White Lightning

I really like this car

By on Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pros: "Looks and performance"

Cons: "ride is sportscar like"

"It reminds me of cars like the Triumph TR6.But with more room and options. Handling and performance. Top this off with a great price. This car hits the mark for me."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pros: "Great looks, fun to drive, very comfortable."

Cons: "None that matter."

"I've been driving for 43 years. I have driven this car for 22 months now and it is the best car I have ever owned. I have the automatic with Style and Tech packages in Ironman Silver. It's a little sluggish in the lower gears (and I still need to get a refresh done at the dealership that improves on that), and the rear suspension makes for a bit of a rough ride if you aren't driving on smooth roads. I have experienced only one minor problem so far. The TPMS light came on even though all tires were inflated correctly. That was corrected and has not happened again since. The Dimension sound system (which has no identifiable speaker manufacturer associated with it) is very good -- music is on most of the time. The dash layout is as good as it can be -- everything is clearly seen and logically laid out. I don't think I spent over $100 the first year on maintenance. Satellite radio came free (though I don't think it was meant to) for the first 13 months. BlueLink might be more useful to someone who travels with their car and I'm not sure I will keep after the 2nd year. Otherwise, I am extremely comfortable in this car, people are still asking me about my car (never happened even once when I drove a Nissan Versa hatchback). I want to keep this car forever!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Veloster near Honolulu. See local deals