2012 Hyundai Veloster

7.9

Based on 117 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Amazing car for the money

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "Amazing int and ext, great gas and fun to drive"

Cons: "4 seats"

"I was in the market for a hatchback and i was intrigued with the veloster but after reading some reviews saying how the car is slow and sluggish i had to test drive one the car is just fine it drives just like a mazda3, focus or civic its not a v8 600 hp car but its really reasonable especially with the gas mileage it gets. the car is the most comfortable and it has more room in the front and back ( im 6'4 )of the cars i tested, it has the most gadgets for the money it drives really good and its the best looking in my opinion. I just advise people that are thinking about buying the car to actually drive it before discarding it because you will enjoy it, especially with the eco off. ps: that thing about leaking in the back when it rains doesn't happen on mine not sure if it got fixed with the 2013 model or what but its good."

Great fun little car!

By on Friday, July 1, 2016

Reason: lease ended

"I drove the Veloster Turbo for 3 years. It's a good size car if you're the only person driving in it (which was perfect for my needs). You can't fit adults in the back seats unless they are petite adults, and my 6 ft husband was too big to comfortably fit in the passenger seat. The only downside to the car is that I found it hard to get in and out of the car, and it has poor rear visibility. The cargo space is enough to fit groceries, but sometimes I wished it was a bit bigger. I like that it's zippy and fun to drive, and can accelerate quickly when you need to. I like that it has a sporty body style. You can definitely feel all the bumps in the road, I would't call it a smooth ride but it didn't bother me. When I first got the car there was an issue with one of the speakers, but the dealership fixed it for free. I never had any mechanical problems."

Speed, Style, and Value

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Size, Fuel Efficiency, Style, Cargo, Speed, Radio,"

Cons: "Front bumber is a little low, BlueLink is sketchy."

"I bought a 2013 Veloster Turbo Matte Black in November. Nearly every day I tell this car that I love it. It's easy to park, fast, nimble and comfortable and an absolute head-turner. The team at Fairfax Hyundai went above and beyond to make sure I was blissful, and still am. Tech Package- I love my back-up camera, great view, even in the rain. Panoramic sunroof is huge. Cons: The Bluelink is inconsistent and difficult to use (and I'm in the technology field). GPS is not user friendly."

Great Car For The Price

By on Monday, January 7, 2013

Pros: "great value,,looks different,fun to drive"

Cons: "steering has dead spot,lacking power with air on"

"i own the 2012 black pearl v and my wife owns the green v she has automatic,mine is 6speed manual,we both love our cars they are roomy for drivers and front passengers,only drawback is those 18 inch wheels are terrible in the snow,we have got winter tires and wheels for the car it handles totally different since we put them on much better in snow now.if i were to have option to buy again i would"

Won't buy this car again.

By on Friday, February 1, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, sleek, fun to drive."

Cons: "Many problems, especially when it's cold."

"We purchased this car new, the 2013 Veloster with matte grey paint. The car looks awesome, very stylish and sleek. Problems started just one week after purchasing the car. The radio stopped working, and when we brought it to the dealership, they wouldn't fix it because it magically started working for them. After 3 trips to the dealership and a week of a loaner car, they finally said they fixed it. The next day the radio stopped working again, so they decided to replace it. Two weeks to get the radio. Shortly after the radio incident, the back up sensors would beep constantly and not stop. We had this checked again, many times, and it wasn't until the third or fourth time that they finally found a bad sensor which they replaced. A week later, they sensors beep constantly and we are told that we live in Wisconsin and it will beep because of the cold. The worst thing to happen is the cold air that comes in from the bottom of the car. If it drops below freezing, we have to use a blanket to cover our legs because of the cold air coming in from the bottom of the car. Again, they checked it and saw the temperature from the seat down is below freezing even with the heater on high heat. They say there is no fix for this problem so we have to live with it. The did replace the back window because they said it was defective, but that didn't stop the cold air from coming in. Comfort for someone who is above six foot is problem. My head hits the ceiling and I am six foot two inches. The latest is the keyless entry. It doesn't work half the time, you have to hit the lock button to unlock and vice versa. The button on the door to unlock and lock works half the time. Again, the dealership said they can't get it to act up for them, so there's nothing they can do. Basically what I've come up with is that the car just doesn't do well in the cold. The dealership checks the car after it's warmed up inside the garage, so they don't get to see the problems when it's cold. If you live in a cold climate, don't buy this car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Veloster near Honolulu. See local deals