ZIP code

2012 Hyundai Veloster

7.9

Based on 117 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Amazing car for the money

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "Amazing int and ext, great gas and fun to drive"

Cons: "4 seats"

"I was in the market for a hatchback and i was intrigued with the veloster but after reading some reviews saying how the car is slow and sluggish i had to test drive one the car is just fine it drives just like a mazda3, focus or civic its not a v8 600 hp car but its really reasonable especially with the gas mileage it gets. the car is the most comfortable and it has more room in the front and back ( im 6'4 )of the cars i tested, it has the most gadgets for the money it drives really good and its the best looking in my opinion. I just advise people that are thinking about buying the car to actually drive it before discarding it because you will enjoy it, especially with the eco off. ps: that thing about leaking in the back when it rains doesn't happen on mine not sure if it got fixed with the 2013 model or what but its good."

Great fun little car!

By on Friday, July 1, 2016

Reason: lease ended

"I drove the Veloster Turbo for 3 years. It's a good size car if you're the only person driving in it (which was perfect for my needs). You can't fit adults in the back seats unless they are petite adults, and my 6 ft husband was too big to comfortably fit in the passenger seat. The only downside to the car is that I found it hard to get in and out of the car, and it has poor rear visibility. The cargo space is enough to fit groceries, but sometimes I wished it was a bit bigger. I like that it's zippy and fun to drive, and can accelerate quickly when you need to. I like that it has a sporty body style. You can definitely feel all the bumps in the road, I would't call it a smooth ride but it didn't bother me. When I first got the car there was an issue with one of the speakers, but the dealership fixed it for free. I never had any mechanical problems."

Speed, Style, and Value

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Size, Fuel Efficiency, Style, Cargo, Speed, Radio,"

Cons: "Front bumber is a little low, BlueLink is sketchy."

"I bought a 2013 Veloster Turbo Matte Black in November. Nearly every day I tell this car that I love it. It's easy to park, fast, nimble and comfortable and an absolute head-turner. The team at Fairfax Hyundai went above and beyond to make sure I was blissful, and still am. Tech Package- I love my back-up camera, great view, even in the rain. Panoramic sunroof is huge. Cons: The Bluelink is inconsistent and difficult to use (and I'm in the technology field). GPS is not user friendly."

Great Car For The Price

By on Monday, January 7, 2013

Pros: "great value,,looks different,fun to drive"

Cons: "steering has dead spot,lacking power with air on"

"i own the 2012 black pearl v and my wife owns the green v she has automatic,mine is 6speed manual,we both love our cars they are roomy for drivers and front passengers,only drawback is those 18 inch wheels are terrible in the snow,we have got winter tires and wheels for the car it handles totally different since we put them on much better in snow now.if i were to have option to buy again i would"

Won't buy this car again.

By on Friday, February 1, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, sleek, fun to drive."

Cons: "Many problems, especially when it's cold."

"We purchased this car new, the 2013 Veloster with matte grey paint. The car looks awesome, very stylish and sleek. Problems started just one week after purchasing the car. The radio stopped working, and when we brought it to the dealership, they wouldn't fix it because it magically started working for them. After 3 trips to the dealership and a week of a loaner car, they finally said they fixed it. The next day the radio stopped working again, so they decided to replace it. Two weeks to get the radio. Shortly after the radio incident, the back up sensors would beep constantly and not stop. We had this checked again, many times, and it wasn't until the third or fourth time that they finally found a bad sensor which they replaced. A week later, they sensors beep constantly and we are told that we live in Wisconsin and it will beep because of the cold. The worst thing to happen is the cold air that comes in from the bottom of the car. If it drops below freezing, we have to use a blanket to cover our legs because of the cold air coming in from the bottom of the car. Again, they checked it and saw the temperature from the seat down is below freezing even with the heater on high heat. They say there is no fix for this problem so we have to live with it. The did replace the back window because they said it was defective, but that didn't stop the cold air from coming in. Comfort for someone who is above six foot is problem. My head hits the ceiling and I am six foot two inches. The latest is the keyless entry. It doesn't work half the time, you have to hit the lock button to unlock and vice versa. The button on the door to unlock and lock works half the time. Again, the dealership said they can't get it to act up for them, so there's nothing they can do. Basically what I've come up with is that the car just doesn't do well in the cold. The dealership checks the car after it's warmed up inside the garage, so they don't get to see the problems when it's cold. If you live in a cold climate, don't buy this car."

100 percent satisfied

By on Monday, January 6, 2014

Pros: "Image, economy, performance"

Cons: "No power seat or auto climate control"

White Lightning

"Great little car, sporty handling, economical to drive, over 30 mpg on regular gas. Has all the latest electronic toys and the glass top is very attractive. Every where I go, I get compliments on the looks. The third door and hatch makes it very convenient to access the rear space. The only thing left to make this the perfect sporty coupe is to put the 2.0L turbo under the hood."

White Lightning

I really like this car

By on Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pros: "Looks and performance"

Cons: "ride is sportscar like"

"It reminds me of cars like the Triumph TR6.But with more room and options. Handling and performance. Top this off with a great price. This car hits the mark for me."

The hyundai experience is over

By on Saturday, December 17, 2016

Reason: not happy with car

Pros: "stylish,decent reliabilty"

Cons: "lots of recalls low resale value"

"As an ecco box in a stylish pkg ,it was ok. Never got close to the 40mpg it was touted to deliver even with most of its miles on open highway. The settlement with the owners was a joke. Under powered for its body weight and the local dealership lack of a qualified service dept topped things off. Trade in value was almost $3000 under Hyundais Assurance plan but we choose not to invest in another Hyundai after our 4 year experience. Maint costs were a new set of tires, a new battery,several replacements of headlight bulbs, and synthetic oil changes I did myself after the dealership needed the car all day to change the oil. Also read the fine print on Hyundai's assurance plan that all maint has to be done by them for it to be valid"

Best car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pros: "Great looks, fun to drive, very comfortable."

Cons: "None that matter."

"I've been driving for 43 years. I have driven this car for 22 months now and it is the best car I have ever owned. I have the automatic with Style and Tech packages in Ironman Silver. It's a little sluggish in the lower gears (and I still need to get a refresh done at the dealership that improves on that), and the rear suspension makes for a bit of a rough ride if you aren't driving on smooth roads. I have experienced only one minor problem so far. The TPMS light came on even though all tires were inflated correctly. That was corrected and has not happened again since. The Dimension sound system (which has no identifiable speaker manufacturer associated with it) is very good -- music is on most of the time. The dash layout is as good as it can be -- everything is clearly seen and logically laid out. I don't think I spent over $100 the first year on maintenance. Satellite radio came free (though I don't think it was meant to) for the first 13 months. BlueLink might be more useful to someone who travels with their car and I'm not sure I will keep after the 2nd year. Otherwise, I am extremely comfortable in this car, people are still asking me about my car (never happened even once when I drove a Nissan Versa hatchback). I want to keep this car forever!"

Pretty to look at, but overall awful car.

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "Good looks, lots of techy toys"

Cons: "noisey, upgraded speakers blow, poor performance"

"The veloster may be one of the best looking cars (especially with the fun colors [Vitamin C]), but it has got to be one of the biggest disappointments on the road. The seats feel comfortable, and everything looks good on the inside. You almost feel like you're getting strapped in to a race car. Well... the cheap composite plastic moldings on the inside make for a squeaky/rattly ride. God help you, should you hit a pot hole. I (quite literally) was noticeably jarred when I hit a pot hole going 50 mph. The car swerved into the other lane. I was lucky nobody was there. It's got to be one of the roughest rides I've ever experienced. And then, there's the upgraded sound system. I have had ALL of the speakers replaced within the first 8 months of owning the vehicle--one of them replaced twice! They keep blowing. This is due to extremely poor quality products Hyundai is using. I do NOT play the music loud at all. The volume level has never been above 12 in my car (and that's not even half way!). The dealership I bought it from denies any "known issues" although there were three velosters in at the same exact time, the last time I took mine in for a speaker replacement. The windshield wiper motor also went out within this 8 month period. And now, the window control for the passenger window seems to have gone out. The trunk unlock button on both key fobs don't seem to work--I only recently thought to try this feature out within the last month. The car is LOADED with fun tech surprises--that was another huge draw for me. But the interior is just incredibly cheap. The carpet and upholstery is just awful looking. Again, I love, love, LOVE the look of the car. I can almost live with the sluggish performance (the gas mileage, after all, is pretty darned good--especially in the Dallas traffic!), but there have been too many "little" things to go wrong with the car in less than a year. What can I really expect to happen when the car is no longer under warranty? I can honestly say that this is my first and LAST hyundai experience. I have no desire to purchase another hyundai again. Even though I'm upside down on my car payment, I'm giving some serious thought to trading it in, just to get rid of it while they're still popular enough to let some other sucker take the bait."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Veloster near Honolulu. See local deals