2012 Hyundai Veloster

7.9

Based on 117 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Get little car especially with the Turbo, r flex

By on Monday, May 11, 2015

Pros: "Fun, quick car, great handleing"

Cons: "Probably not a winter car."

"I just purchased this little gem. I drive a lot and wanted something with good gas mileage and some fun. The best I can say is the six speed manual is quick and a blast. Handling is really tight. I drive many two lane roads with curves and hills, I enjoy my ride every day. When I have to pass something big and slow, I know it will only take a few seconds. Technology included is also nice especially the back up camera and hands free features. I have two daughters, they do not mind riding in the back seat. They have enough room to relax and they love the car too. Glad I bought it, it aggravates the x wife too. That's just a bonus feature. Love it"

My second favorite car after my '67 E-type Jag

By on Thursday, January 8, 2015

Pros: "Great price, not your typical econobox"

Cons: "The turbo model didn't come in yellow"

"Love this car. 20K miles and it is doing great. Over 30 mpg in everyday driving and over 35 on 75 mph trips. Front seats are very comfortable. I have made several 15 hour trips without feeling tired or sore. The back seat is small, but hey, it is a sub-compact. The Veloster can carry a surprising amount of stuff with the back seat down. Gets lots of positive comments at the gas station."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Pros: "Excellent value, very fun to drive"

Cons: "Small back seats"

"The first time I drove (and then owned) a Hyundai I was impress with the value. That was 1994. I now own my fourth Hyundai vehicle with this 2013 Veloster Turbo. Each time I go for a little more horse power than the last. AND each model of Hyundai I've seen over the years ups the quality from the last. They continue to improve and impress. The positives with the Veloster Turbo is the power to weight ratio and all of the extras it comes with; excellent bang for the buck. I test drove a non-turbo'd model and I would not recommend it for anyone who enjoys driving. The handling of this car was an improvement over the Hyundai Tiburon that it replaced for the maker. This is lighter, has more horse power and torque, and is just as sporty. The back seats are not something you'll want to use regularly for anyone taller than 5'4" or so. The front seats however are comfortable to all but very tall people. The cabin is just as stylish as the exterior and everything seems in it's place. Any of the upgraded models above the standard come with key-less entry and push button start AS WELL as a entertainment system that includes access to Sirius/XM radio and Pandora Radio through your smartphone via bluetooth. AND how about a USB plug? Yes, I simply load up a 32gig USB drive with MP3s and the stereo system (7" touch screen) will recognize and play my 5,500 song list album covers and all. I found the 8 speaker system better than most stock systems, however I put in an aftermarket sub-woofer for a bit more low end kick. This car is perfect for a commute or a road trip for a driver and one passenger."

Unreliable!!!

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Great looks."

Cons: "Very unreliable! Horrible customer service!"

"My wife and I purchased a brand NEW 2013 Hyundai Veloster in May 2013. It now has 8,200 miles on it and has been to the dealer on three separate occasions for the same problem. The stereo will go dead, then in a day or two the car itself will be dead! The first two times it had to be towed because it would not start. This last time it happened on March 13th 2014 and we just got the vehicle back today April 2nd 2014. At least this time we were able to get it to the dealer before it stranded us again. The first time the vehicle had 201 miles on it. The second time it had about 6,000 miles on it. This last time as I stated it had about 8,200 miles on it. My wife and I have both expressed our concerns about the reliability of this vehicle and concerns about being stranded again. We have asked Hyundai if we can get out from under this vehicle and are even willing to give another Hyundai a try. However the offer they gave us will not even pay off the car. We have emailed and called Hyundai Consumer Affairs again and are waiting on a response. We asked the dealer today if we could hold off picking up the problem Veloster until we here back again from Hyundai Consumer Affairs because we were concerned of the possibility of getting stranded again and were told we could not. If you are considering purchasing a Hyundai, at this time I would have to recommend against it. I do believe it is possible that we just happened to get a “bad one”. However Hyundai does not appear to be in any hurry to make this right which concerns me."

Save Yourself Headaches!

By on Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pros: "Looks and Cargo area"

Cons: "Reliability and Service"

"Bought this 2 months ago. Got 40-45 mpg's hwy the first 2 weeks. When suddenly the mpg's dropped to 32-35 mpg hwy and a watery/oily substance started leaking out of the tailpipes at the back of the vehicle. The leak is so bad it falls on my driveway and cakes/stains the tailpipes. After taking it in twice now, The dealer and Hyundai say this is a known/normal phenomenon to this vehicle. They have no current plans to work on this issue. It has also locked me in my car twice once the keys were removed from the ignition and the alarms were going off. So much for 10 yrs/100,000 miles..... If they say there is no problem or they can't find it; then they don't have to fix it! Please don't save your time and money!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Veloster near Honolulu. See local deals