2012 Hyundai Veloster

7.9

Based on 117 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Fell in love with my car from the start.

By on Friday, August 26, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "Front side visibility."

"The first time I saw this car was in an ad. Went to the dealership and checked it out. I got the electrolyte green. I love it. I have received compliments on my car just about every time I take it out; and that is going on 5 years. The paint finish has held up very well; still looks new. The only problem I have really experienced is the visibility which would not be a problem if it had a front camera. This has caused me to hit the wheels a couple of times. Now, I just turn wide. Also, the mileage was less than what was on the sticker; Hyundai has tried to make up for that by monetary reimbursements based on the mileage for the life of the car with the original owner."

The hyundai experience is over

By on Saturday, December 17, 2016

Reason: not happy with car

Pros: "stylish,decent reliabilty"

Cons: "lots of recalls low resale value"

"As an ecco box in a stylish pkg ,it was ok. Never got close to the 40mpg it was touted to deliver even with most of its miles on open highway. The settlement with the owners was a joke. Under powered for its body weight and the local dealership lack of a qualified service dept topped things off. Trade in value was almost $3000 under Hyundais Assurance plan but we choose not to invest in another Hyundai after our 4 year experience. Maint costs were a new set of tires, a new battery,several replacements of headlight bulbs, and synthetic oil changes I did myself after the dealership needed the car all day to change the oil. Also read the fine print on Hyundai's assurance plan that all maint has to be done by them for it to be valid"

Everything I expected!

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Pros: "Fun to drive, good, price, and stylish."

Cons: "It may not be for everyone."

"So I got the Veloster Rspec around August of 2016 and with the few mods I have put on it so far I haven't had any issues. I love the sporty and stylish look, the red interior is a great compliment to the exterior, and I never have a dull moment driving it. It may not be for everyone, but I know I like it!"

Great Fun for a great price

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "Price, Looks Great, Sound System, Tech Gadgets"

Cons: "No express down for passenger,"

"I love this little car. I traded my 2011 Genesis coupe for a 2012 Veloster. Quality issues plagued the Genesis but the Veloster seems to be solid and better built. It is fun to drive and is fully loaded. If you can afford it take both packages, style and tech. You will have everything available including the beautiful wheels that have body colored painted inserts. Although it is not as fast as the Genesis was, it does fine under all driving situations. I chose a manual transmission because with engines this small, it gives me the option of fuel economy or acceleration. 6 speed tranny shifts smooth and reverse has a back up camera the displays on the GPS. The Sound System is great and works seamlessly with an iPod. Just a couple of very small things that I would have liked on this car. It does not have a passenger express up and down window. I would have liked turn signals on the mirror and a LED light for the alarm. If you do not like strangers walking up to you at gas stations, grocery stores, etc, this is not your car. Mine is blue with style and tech packages and I cannot get out or in this car in public places without someone asking me about it. Great Job Hyundai."

Love the turbo!

By on Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pros: "Sporty unique look, fun to drive, large trunk"

Cons: "Needs power seats,no dimmer for display screen"

"Loved the 2012 Veloster so much we bought 2 this year and just traded one in for the turbo. The turbo is worth the extra money! Love the push button start, all the added extras, rear camera has a wide view angle. Ride is a lot smoother than the 2012 version and extremely smooth handling. Thinking about trading in our other 2012 for another turbo!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Veloster near Honolulu. See local deals