2012 Hyundai Veloster

7.9

Based on 112 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

Great Fun for a great price

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "Price, Looks Great, Sound System, Tech Gadgets"

Cons: "No express down for passenger,"

"I love this little car. I traded my 2011 Genesis coupe for a 2012 Veloster. Quality issues plagued the Genesis but the Veloster seems to be solid and better built. It is fun to drive and is fully loaded. If you can afford it take both packages, style and tech. You will have everything available including the beautiful wheels that have body colored painted inserts. Although it is not as fast as the Genesis was, it does fine under all driving situations. I chose a manual transmission because with engines this small, it gives me the option of fuel economy or acceleration. 6 speed tranny shifts smooth and reverse has a back up camera the displays on the GPS. The Sound System is great and works seamlessly with an iPod. Just a couple of very small things that I would have liked on this car. It does not have a passenger express up and down window. I would have liked turn signals on the mirror and a LED light for the alarm. If you do not like strangers walking up to you at gas stations, grocery stores, etc, this is not your car. Mine is blue with style and tech packages and I cannot get out or in this car in public places without someone asking me about it. Great Job Hyundai."

Love the turbo!

By on Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pros: "Sporty unique look, fun to drive, large trunk"

Cons: "Needs power seats,no dimmer for display screen"

"Loved the 2012 Veloster so much we bought 2 this year and just traded one in for the turbo. The turbo is worth the extra money! Love the push button start, all the added extras, rear camera has a wide view angle. Ride is a lot smoother than the 2012 version and extremely smooth handling. Thinking about trading in our other 2012 for another turbo!"

A lot of car for the money

By on Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pros: "sporty ,roomy,solid,and good on gas"

Cons: "lack of lumbar support in front seats"

"Sliver auto with style package. Turn off the eco button and use the paddle shifters.Left on its own accord it is slow to respond.Choose your gears and the car will fly.I pull the hill going out of town at 80mph.My R/T Challenger was good for 90mph in the same spot.MPG has come up as the car breaks in to 39 mpg.I added an air intake to the car the first week i owned it $239. The car has done well in the snow. The front seats lack back support."

100 percent satisfied

By on Monday, January 6, 2014

Pros: "Image, economy, performance"

Cons: "No power seat or auto climate control"

White Lightning

"Great little car, sporty handling, economical to drive, over 30 mpg on regular gas. Has all the latest electronic toys and the glass top is very attractive. Every where I go, I get compliments on the looks. The third door and hatch makes it very convenient to access the rear space. The only thing left to make this the perfect sporty coupe is to put the 2.0L turbo under the hood."

White Lightning

Amazing car for the money

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "Amazing int and ext, great gas and fun to drive"

Cons: "4 seats"

"I was in the market for a hatchback and i was intrigued with the veloster but after reading some reviews saying how the car is slow and sluggish i had to test drive one the car is just fine it drives just like a mazda3, focus or civic its not a v8 600 hp car but its really reasonable especially with the gas mileage it gets. the car is the most comfortable and it has more room in the front and back ( im 6'4 )of the cars i tested, it has the most gadgets for the money it drives really good and its the best looking in my opinion. I just advise people that are thinking about buying the car to actually drive it before discarding it because you will enjoy it, especially with the eco off. ps: that thing about leaking in the back when it rains doesn't happen on mine not sure if it got fixed with the 2013 model or what but its good."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Veloster near Honolulu. See local deals