2012 Hyundai Tucson

8.0

Based on 144 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

An excellent vehicle. Would buy again in a heartbe

By on Tuesday, October 4, 2016

"Not only has the car run excellently and performed better than our expectations the warrantee and service have been equally as good. My wife has loved the car especially as it sits a little higher than regular cars and it is easy for her to park and maneuver."

Easy to get around

By on Friday, May 27, 2016

"I wanted this car because it was smaller than an SUV and very easy to maneuver. I have leather interior and it looks sharp. Haven't had a days trouble and I bought it new. The only complaint is since it is smaller the person riding in the back seat feels more bumps because the seats sit near the wheels. I do love this car!"

Great Vehicle!

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Cons: "my three year old can kick the back of the seat."

"Great vehicle, great gas mileage! Same size as my civic, but in an suv with similiar gas mileage."

excellant value, front seats very comfortable

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Pros: "great price, head room, comfort, exterior design"

Cons: "Rear seat comfort and elect. outlets"

"rear seats are a little too rigid for me. Excellent storage storage for rear area. Plenty of head room. Amazingly the acceleration on steep hills is very good. I also have a 2014 Toyota Sienna (V6) and the pick up speed in traffic and hills climbing is almost comparable in the Tucson (4)cylinder. Probably the best deal their is for a small SUV and so far it has been completely reliable. Lots of complements on the exterior looks and the red color is probably the best of any manufacturer."

I am happy w/ how much I got at this price point

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "Actually gets better MPG than stated"

Cons: "Not enough cup holders/cubbies"

"This is a good car for teens and people who may have mobility issues as the seat is very adjustable, it has light doors, bluetooth and is easy to get into."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Monday, August 29, 2016

Pros: "Great value"

Cons: "could use a regular spare tire."

"I would highly recommend this vehicle to friends. The "very likely" slide bar would only let me rate a "7". I would give it a rating of 9. This is the 4th Hyundai I have purchased (3 Santa Fe's and 1 Tucson). I have been more that satisfied with the vehicles. Durability, performance and warranty is excellent. The Hyundai Service Techs are the best. The techs are so different from the service techs of other vehicles I have purchased (Cadillac, Chevy, Nissan) That's why I am a repeat buyer."

ive owned 4 this is the best one yet

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "great gas mileage,handling,size,many features"

Cons: "ride could be less stiff"

"the best suv value on the market"

best car I ever owned

By on Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pros: "price,quality"

Cons: "no off switch on light in cargo hold"

"this is the best car I have ever owned"

great gas milage for crossover

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

"We like this crossover alot, great gas milage,sleek modern look, drives good"

Best value

By on Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pros: "Great price, a lot of features, quiet and STYLE"

Cons: "Nothing but small cargo space"

"This is my first time owning a Hyundai and I absolutely love this vehicle."

Very good small SUV.

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "Warranty, mileage, styling, bluetooth hands free wireless for cellphone."

"To those who say they get poor mileage, my Tucson (GLS with AWD) easily gets 26MPG overall average. City driving average 22-23MPG. On long stretches of highway driving 29MPG is common. Winter driving is somewhat lower 23-24MPG overall average. If you have a "lead" foot then your mileage will suffer. Really have no complaints other than the somewhat small gas tank (~14gals) about this vehicle. Have over 17000 miles and not a problem. There is enough power to pass when I need it. The seats are comfortable, the voice activated NAV control is easy to use. You do have to train it with your voice. The six speed auto is very smooth both on up-shifts and down-shifts. The main points for buying this vehicle were AWD, styling, build quality, mileage and the great warranty!"

I love my 2013 Tucson

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "Great value, roomy, stylish, loaded with features"

Cons: "Gas mileage a little low"

"Just bought my 2nd Hyundai Tucson and I love it! I traded in my 2007 model and upgraded to the Limited this time. It has everything I could ask for - I did spring for the navigation premium package and it was worth it! My only complaint is that the 4 cylinder engine is a little slower than the v6 I had before, but it gets better gas mileage and that was my complaint with the 2007. Overall this car is a tremendous value and gets compliments everywhere I go. Drives like a dream and looks like a much more expensive car. I highly recommend going for the extended warranty which gives you worry-free 10 years/100k miles bumper to bumper."

So far - so good

By on Sunday, August 9, 2015

Pros: "Great standard features and value"

Cons: "Not yet sure about seat comfort on legs"

"I've put 1300 miles on the 2015 Tucson SE. Here is what I can tell you. Gas mileage thru the first 1300 miles has averaged around 28 in mixed driving but a little more highway than city so far.The computer shows it getting about 28.6 so that's close enough to my calculations that I'm beginning to trust the computer. The SE has the larger engine, a 2.4 and it has plenty of pep to suit me. It is noticeably quicker than the 2.0 The ride is very smooth on decent roads but I do notice the harsher bumps more than I did on my Sonata. Overall I'm satisfied with the ride. Road noise and wind noise seem about average to me. Neither is a problem. This is my first SUV and I had been concerned about visibility after reading reviews. It hasn't been a problem for me. Admittedly there is a little more of a blind spot than the average family sedan but not as much as I was led to believe. Forward visibility is excellent and the seating position is high. I can actually see the hood while I'm driving. There is ample legroom, front and back. I had a problem with my right knee hitting the center console on most of the SUV's I tested. The RAV4 had the most knee room followed by the Tucson. I am 5' 10" and when I adjust the driver seat to give myself plenty of legroom there is still about 3"-4" inches of knee room in the back seat. Now, if the front passenger has the seat back reclined a good bit to take a nap then an adult will lose that knee room in the back, but a child will still be fine. On my test drive of 20 minutes and on subsequent trips of 45 minutes or less the seats have seemed comfortable. The one trip that lasted about an hour and 10 minutes started to hurt my legs up high by the hips. The sides of the front seats go up at a very steep angle and the foam seems very stiff. I'll have to see if this breaks in with use but I would pay attention to it when test driving. My butt and back have been comfortable. The SE has power seats and a power lumbar adjustment so you should be able to find a position that's comfortable on your back. The GLS does not have a lumbar adjustment. The controls for windows, locks, mirrors, AC, radio, etc have been easy enough to get used to. The touch screen for the radio is a bit small to suit me at about 4.3 inches. The Limited has a bigger screen I believe. This is my first touch screen radio and if you use your fingers it gets really smudged really quick. Luckily there are steering wheel controls and voice activated controls even on the mid level SE so you don't have to touch the screen once you become familiar with them. You just press a button and say XM channel 65 or FM channel 104.5 and it happens. About once every 10 tries it will say it didn't understand but if you speak clearly it works well. The Tucson is a little shorter than most of it's competitors and has a smaller cargo area. Not a problem for me but be aware of that. I didn't notice the cargo area lighting when I test drove so I don't know how it compares to other SUV's but now that I have the Tucson I can tell you the cargo lighting is on the left side and is basically worthless if you need to see back there at night. I feel a retractable cargo cover should be standard but it is not except on the Limited. I bought an aftermarket cover for about 75.00 and it works well. The list of standard equipment on the SE is long. Power drivers seat. Heated front seats. Heated mirrors. Map lights and visor lights in addition to the dome light. Of course XM radio is standard on all trim levels with 3 free months. In summary, the SE has a MSRP of 24,800 and I bought mine for 21,800 + TTL for a total of 23,400. Substantially less than any similarly equipped SUV. Time will tell about the reliability and I'll try to post again when it has more miles on it."

Great cross over

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pros: "Very responsive handeling, fun"

"I traded my Uplander for this . Basically downsizing. Funny thing was the Tucson has more cargo space. Some say the ride is a little rough, but if you ever drove or own the Sonata you will find the handling characteristics the same.I own the GLS model Tucson and when thinking of the smaller rear window still gives you plenty reward vision. For passing you have great view on the sides with the side windows placement. Now for the rear seating I had a fairly big fellow in the back seat and without adjust the front seat he was very comfortable with plenty of leg room. yes the 4 cylinder motor is a bit noisy, but that is par for most 4 bangers. Over all the style,looks and handling is great on this vehicle."

Great Litle SUV

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, looks great"

Cons: "Audio system (speakers)"

"Before I get into this review let me say, this SUV is not a Lexus, BMW, etc... However for the price I paid I really don't care. For what I paid I can look past the fact it doesn't have the luxury equipment the aforementioned have. Pros: Looks great, handles great (mine is a 5speed manual and it's actually fun to drive in the mountains!), perfect for my wife and I and our little one. The seats are comfortable and it has all the standard features we need to get us around. Cons: The audio system gets a 4/10 in the sound department. Function wise it's great but the sound quality stinks. Mind you, it's fine at low normal volumes but it just can't handle high volumes very well. Nothing that $200 worth of good speakers can't fix. Reliability over the past year and a half has been stellar. Change the oil and go! We love this SUV!"

Solid 4/5

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pros: "Hyundai - a great name and great warranty. Trust me. I traded in a Saab for it."

Cons: "Automatic door unlock when put in park. Stooooopid idea."

"I bought the Limited Grand Poobah with all the bells and whistles. I love, love, love almost everything about this car. The only thing I don't love? When I put it in park, all of the doors unlock. I absolutely despise this. Like others, I don't get the gas mileage advertised, but I'm still happy with it. I love the interior, have figured out where to point the vents to cool the car, and simply adore my nav system."

better than predecessors

By on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"mileage not that good (23 & 26), ride hard, leather seats not comfortible & road noise. This is countered by styling, smoothness, features & interir finish but far advanced from the 2005 & 2006 Tucsons I owned."

Awesome vehicle

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Looks. Price. Size. MPG."

Cons: "none...."

"Love it! Great size! Great value! Awesome features! Really wanted automatic ilghts, but I found out that I can just leave them on!!! When I turn it off and lock it, the lights shut off! GREAT VEHICLE! I would recommend this to anyone who wants a fuel efficient small SUV!"

Fun to drive, poor seat/roof rack design

By on Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pros: "Almost everything about this vehicle is great.Bea"

Cons: "Cargo space and roof racks are limited."

"I previously owned the 2005 Tucson and decided to get the 2012 Tucson. I purchased the GLS. I find that the seats in the rear do not go flat and this makes it difficult to put long things into the vehicle. The roof rack is a proble also, because the antenna is on the rear of the roof and and in the center. It does not bend far enough to allow anything long to be place on the roof rack. The 2005 had an antenna that was on the roof, but in a horizontal position, which kept it below the roof rack.The seats all went down flat including the passenger seats, which could be used for a table for a computer. I Love all the other features, these two isues are very important if your carrying long objects. I did not check this before I purchased the vehicle and now I am told to remove the antenna if I want to use the roof top rack."

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Friday, October 26, 2012

Pros: "Everything!!!"

Cons: "A little road noise."

"Can't beat it for value, looks or quality! I have about 7500 miles and love everything about it! I get complements everywhere I go!"

i am loving this car...it handles well

By on Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pros: "manuevers of the exway great, alot for the price"

Cons: "havent found anything wrong yet..."

"after having a saturn vue, which was super but they dont make them anymore, i went to hyundai.. i was sceptical about the smaller engine performance on the highway. not a problem. this car moves out without a pull or snag- great passing and excelleration. the two previous reviews concern me since i have owned many suvs and find the value and overall makeup of the tucson very nice. i feel i gotalot of car for my $ i bought the limited edition with all the bells and whistles... its super!"

A wonderful choice!

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Price, comfort, fun, driveability, value"

Cons: "A bit noisy at highway speeds, rear seats not flat"

"I own the 2012 Limited Edition with all the bells and whistles. I got a great deal and needed a new vehicle to replace my old CR-V. I have had absolutely no issues at all, just oil changes. Great looks, reasonable gas mileage, spacious --even more so with the panoramic roof--."

Great Little SUV!

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Appearance, interior, drive/handling, style, fun!"

Cons: "Lower MPG than advertised, TINY gas tank"

"I have leased this vehicle for 3 years and 36k miles and I can say it is a great value! It is loaded with a bunch of extra cost features that Hyundai includes in their base vehicle, including Bluetooth phone and garage door opener, etc. I have the GLS upgraded model and still get complements on the outside looks after 3 years. The reliability is 100%, the fit and finish is great. It drives and handles like a sporty small car, not at all like a SUV. Leather seats are great and seat heaters very nice, even in Florida! Actually holds a lot of stuff with rear seats down. Only negatives are the inside materials (i.e. plastic rear sides, etc.) get marked up very easily when you carry things and the marks do not come off. The electronic dash data screen is blue, very small and very hard to read especially in bright sunlight. The largest complaint I have is about gas mileage versus the "EPA Estimates". Window sticker said 24/31 for this vehicle and it is one of the reasons I selected it. Could never get even close to the 31 highway MPG. With 2 passengers and small luggage I get 25-26 at best. Nothing wrong with that but I really wanted the advertised mileage. Last complaint - the gas tank is TINY and the low fuel system tells me to fill up when it will hold all of 12-13 gallons max! Overall the other features out weight these complaints and they may have been corrected in newer models. Really a great vehicle and I would certainly recommend it!!"

love it!

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

"I have owned my tuscon for almost a year and have had NO problems. Mine is the limited model fully loaded. The gps is excellent, I love the sunroof and my truck has ample room on the inside for everyone. Storage in the boot is perfect for my needs, and the rear seats fold down in case you need extra room. Yes it is an SUV so you DO have to step in, as opposed to a car where you'd slide, but being the smallest model the step is nothing outrageous. I'm only 5ft2 and get in no problem. I was averaging about 23 miles per gallon, I switched my filter to a K"

Great, but....

By on Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"This is a great vehicle, lots of extras with the Limited version, and it's a good value. However, I bought the car expecting the advertised mileage of 21 city/31 highway, and I get no where near that. The 4 cylinder engine has plenty of power for normal driving, but strains when sharp acceleration is needed."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Tucson near Honolulu. See local deals