2011 Hyundai Tucson

8.0

Based on 144 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

I love my 2013 Tucson

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "Great value, roomy, stylish, loaded with features"

Cons: "Gas mileage a little low"

"Just bought my 2nd Hyundai Tucson and I love it! I traded in my 2007 model and upgraded to the Limited this time. It has everything I could ask for - I did spring for the navigation premium package and it was worth it! My only complaint is that the 4 cylinder engine is a little slower than the v6 I had before, but it gets better gas mileage and that was my complaint with the 2007. Overall this car is a tremendous value and gets compliments everywhere I go. Drives like a dream and looks like a much more expensive car. I highly recommend going for the extended warranty which gives you worry-free 10 years/100k miles bumper to bumper."

So far - so good

By on Sunday, August 9, 2015

Pros: "Great standard features and value"

Cons: "Not yet sure about seat comfort on legs"

"I've put 1300 miles on the 2015 Tucson SE. Here is what I can tell you. Gas mileage thru the first 1300 miles has averaged around 28 in mixed driving but a little more highway than city so far.The computer shows it getting about 28.6 so that's close enough to my calculations that I'm beginning to trust the computer. The SE has the larger engine, a 2.4 and it has plenty of pep to suit me. It is noticeably quicker than the 2.0 The ride is very smooth on decent roads but I do notice the harsher bumps more than I did on my Sonata. Overall I'm satisfied with the ride. Road noise and wind noise seem about average to me. Neither is a problem. This is my first SUV and I had been concerned about visibility after reading reviews. It hasn't been a problem for me. Admittedly there is a little more of a blind spot than the average family sedan but not as much as I was led to believe. Forward visibility is excellent and the seating position is high. I can actually see the hood while I'm driving. There is ample legroom, front and back. I had a problem with my right knee hitting the center console on most of the SUV's I tested. The RAV4 had the most knee room followed by the Tucson. I am 5' 10" and when I adjust the driver seat to give myself plenty of legroom there is still about 3"-4" inches of knee room in the back seat. Now, if the front passenger has the seat back reclined a good bit to take a nap then an adult will lose that knee room in the back, but a child will still be fine. On my test drive of 20 minutes and on subsequent trips of 45 minutes or less the seats have seemed comfortable. The one trip that lasted about an hour and 10 minutes started to hurt my legs up high by the hips. The sides of the front seats go up at a very steep angle and the foam seems very stiff. I'll have to see if this breaks in with use but I would pay attention to it when test driving. My butt and back have been comfortable. The SE has power seats and a power lumbar adjustment so you should be able to find a position that's comfortable on your back. The GLS does not have a lumbar adjustment. The controls for windows, locks, mirrors, AC, radio, etc have been easy enough to get used to. The touch screen for the radio is a bit small to suit me at about 4.3 inches. The Limited has a bigger screen I believe. This is my first touch screen radio and if you use your fingers it gets really smudged really quick. Luckily there are steering wheel controls and voice activated controls even on the mid level SE so you don't have to touch the screen once you become familiar with them. You just press a button and say XM channel 65 or FM channel 104.5 and it happens. About once every 10 tries it will say it didn't understand but if you speak clearly it works well. The Tucson is a little shorter than most of it's competitors and has a smaller cargo area. Not a problem for me but be aware of that. I didn't notice the cargo area lighting when I test drove so I don't know how it compares to other SUV's but now that I have the Tucson I can tell you the cargo lighting is on the left side and is basically worthless if you need to see back there at night. I feel a retractable cargo cover should be standard but it is not except on the Limited. I bought an aftermarket cover for about 75.00 and it works well. The list of standard equipment on the SE is long. Power drivers seat. Heated front seats. Heated mirrors. Map lights and visor lights in addition to the dome light. Of course XM radio is standard on all trim levels with 3 free months. In summary, the SE has a MSRP of 24,800 and I bought mine for 21,800 + TTL for a total of 23,400. Substantially less than any similarly equipped SUV. Time will tell about the reliability and I'll try to post again when it has more miles on it."

Great cross over

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pros: "Very responsive handeling, fun"

"I traded my Uplander for this . Basically downsizing. Funny thing was the Tucson has more cargo space. Some say the ride is a little rough, but if you ever drove or own the Sonata you will find the handling characteristics the same.I own the GLS model Tucson and when thinking of the smaller rear window still gives you plenty reward vision. For passing you have great view on the sides with the side windows placement. Now for the rear seating I had a fairly big fellow in the back seat and without adjust the front seat he was very comfortable with plenty of leg room. yes the 4 cylinder motor is a bit noisy, but that is par for most 4 bangers. Over all the style,looks and handling is great on this vehicle."

Great Litle SUV

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, looks great"

Cons: "Audio system (speakers)"

"Before I get into this review let me say, this SUV is not a Lexus, BMW, etc... However for the price I paid I really don't care. For what I paid I can look past the fact it doesn't have the luxury equipment the aforementioned have. Pros: Looks great, handles great (mine is a 5speed manual and it's actually fun to drive in the mountains!), perfect for my wife and I and our little one. The seats are comfortable and it has all the standard features we need to get us around. Cons: The audio system gets a 4/10 in the sound department. Function wise it's great but the sound quality stinks. Mind you, it's fine at low normal volumes but it just can't handle high volumes very well. Nothing that $200 worth of good speakers can't fix. Reliability over the past year and a half has been stellar. Change the oil and go! We love this SUV!"

Solid 4/5

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pros: "Hyundai - a great name and great warranty. Trust me. I traded in a Saab for it."

Cons: "Automatic door unlock when put in park. Stooooopid idea."

"I bought the Limited Grand Poobah with all the bells and whistles. I love, love, love almost everything about this car. The only thing I don't love? When I put it in park, all of the doors unlock. I absolutely despise this. Like others, I don't get the gas mileage advertised, but I'm still happy with it. I love the interior, have figured out where to point the vents to cool the car, and simply adore my nav system."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Tucson near Honolulu. See local deals