2010 Hyundai Tucson

8.0

Based on 144 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

I Miss my Santa Fe

By on Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"I had a Santa Fe for 8 years and loved it. Unfortunately, they increased the size which did not work well for my garage that I have to back in to. The Tucson looked great and I liked the Hyundai warranty, but I am disappointed. I have the GLS 2WD. I have gotten stuck in snow twice due to low clearance. The body seems very plastic like and the thing really rattles alot...not smooth and quiet at all. Seats are not that comfortable and seat belt grinds into you at the latch. Mileage is not anywhere near what is advertised, particularly in our cold climate. I am lucky to get 17 MPG in the city and this is a 4 cyl. car. Little annoyances like no exterior temp guage, shift level does not indicate where you are when lighted, poor visability out back window...etc. On the bright side, it is fun to drive as the car scampers pretty good with the 6 speed. But, all in all, I probably should have bought the Suburu Forester I looked at."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, great options for the money"

Cons: "None that I can think of!"

"Does everything I want. Great on gas for its size and the amount of power its got."

I love the car

By on Friday, June 17, 2011

Pros: "Great value when compared to comparable vehicles. Drives like a luxury car."

Cons: "Rear window small when backing up."

"I think the car is great. I had a 2006 Tuscon and this is like stepping out of a utility vehicle and into a luxury SUV. My only disappointment is the rear visibilty for backing up. It has a relatively small back window and I find I must rely on my side view mirrors.... not good for somebody taught to turn around and look out the back window when backing up. As for mileage, it is as good as they say if you stay below about 60 mph... easy to do on country roads that are posted for 40-50 mph. Have gotten as high as 29.5 mpg on a tank when driving mainly country roads where an Interstate was not an option. Was amazed. When I am on the highway and my foot gets heavy and I go 80 mph the mileage drops to about 25 mpg.... still very good. Am considering getting an AWD Tuscon when I trade this one in even though I have had no trouble in New England in the snow when roads are reasonably plowed. Maybe it will be available in a hybrid that gets 40 mpg by then."

Nice SUV

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, good view of road, great turning"

Cons: "Slide seat bolesters could be a little less"

"Leased this moving from a 2009 Sonata Limited to a 2014 Tucson Limited. From a V6 to a 4 I found the engine loud at first but am getting use to it. Dash is well laid out, SUV turns very tight, back up camera is great and very easy to get use to. Like very much not needing a key with the push button start plus opening doors without a key. If your short you may need a cushion (5' under) and the side mirrors could stand to be a bit larger."

great little car

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

"great little car, good fuel mileage and fun to drive"

good vehicle, only thing, too much road noise

By on Tuesday, January 3, 2012

"good value, too much road noise, could get better gas mileage."

Good car!

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

"I've had this car for a year and its been good so far! I love the navigation system and the camera,very helpful. The only thing I must say is the gas milage isnt that great other than that, no complaints."

A very nice car

By on Sunday, August 8, 2010

"I have driven my brand new Tucson for exactly six months and have had absolutely no problems or complaints. I have found that backing up the car is very touchy only because of a marked blind spot due to the rising belt line of the car and the back seat head rests add to the visibility obstruction. Though the styling makes this car as sporty as it is I would recommend all Tucsons be delivered with back up camera installed. I am very apprehensive about adding a rear view camera as an after thought fearing it might never work properly after messing with the electronic system. That and the inflated cost of installing it after delivery is what keeps me from doing so. I would like to see the rear seat flatter when folded down for the comfort of large dogs that may ride with me. Also the middle back seat restraint (safety belt) comes from the roof at an awkward angle and this is unsightly and should be better positioned. Only other change I can see in my next tucson would be those above problems and I would like to see power lumbar/seat adjustments for more comfort."

I love my Tucson!

By on Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pros: "awesome price, fun to drive, stylish"

"I bought my 2010 Tucson last year brand new. I have not had any problems with it at all. It drives smooth and it gets great gas mileage. Everyone that rides in it loves it. Even my son wants to ride it in instead of my husband's car. He loves that it has cup holders in tje back for him. I love the new design. I get updates and emails from Hyundai every month that include discounts on my oil changes. I will never buy a different suv!"

Will buy another on or up grade to Santa Fe

By on Monday, August 3, 2015

Pros: "great price for all the equipment I have"

Cons: "wheel well screws came loose 2 times"

"Have loved the vehicle since purchase never had any what I would consider real problems only a couple cosmetic, I have kept up with the required maintenance."

An excellent SUV with no significant flaws.

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "Great engine; warranty; styling; maneuverability"

Cons: "slightly stiff drive over very bad roads"

"This SUV looks and drives wonderfully. It is comfortable and no passengers have ever complained. The only minor problem that I have noticed is that it is a bit stiff driving over broken roads. Family members rarely mention this except if we are driving over severely damaged roads. In the drivers seat I have not noticed this however. The interior is made of excellent materials, and the SUV is spacious, and has great capacity for moving most things around. The back seats recline a bit, although this is not advertised, and also bend forward easily for trunk storage should you ever need to move large items. Parking is easy with this one, and I bought two, as I liked it so much (one for me to use for work and one for my daughter, a college student). We both love it."

Good car it works very well for standard use

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Manoeuvring and gas"

Cons: "Space and comfort"

"I am really pleased with this car. Previously I had a Ford Escape and the difference between this two cars it's huge, the Tucson have a lot more capability of manoeuvring. The Escape has more space and it's more comfortable but the Tucson is OK."

overall good car

By on Saturday, January 7, 2012

Cons: "needs 12v outlet in back, small rear cargo light"

"some blind spots when changing lanes, not priced the best considering competers. Overall love the car however, i have everything at the tip of my hands when it comes to convients (bluetooth, extra controls on the wheel, touch screen gps which is awesome)"

Awesome car!

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"I have owned this car for 6 months now and i have driven it in the snow in the rocky mountains and the AWD system works great. I have the GLS option with the nav package and it is very helpful. I drove it to california with three other people in it and full of lugage. we averaged 26.5 mpg. I love this car. My only complaint is that the ride isnt and smooth as other cars i've been in. but thats mainly because the turning is so precise and tight. Great car"

Disappointed Since Purchase

By on Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"#1 Complaint--Gas mileage is not as advertised and never has been! Dealers say there is not a problem but many customer reviews say otherwise. I have the 4 cylinder 2wd version. Seats are not comfortable. Visibility is poor. Body style is nice, sleek. Space is great for a crossover. Missing things which should be standard like glove compartment light, outdoor temp gauge, etc. Mine does not have remote start and was not an option or so I was told. Music system is nice. Vents are ill-placed and driver cannot feel air comfortably. Steering is stiff and wheel is not telescopic. Overall, I would NOT recommend this vehicle to anyone. The drastic decrease in mpg is enough. I plan on trading soon."

very good vehicle

By on Saturday, November 20, 2010

"Value for money good. Power a little down (2.0L) Noisy at speed. Good features. Comfortable."

Good Car

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

"I have owned 2011 Hyundai Tucson for almost 2 years. Recently when my car too hit 21,000 miles the Down hill assistance sensor and another sensor light (not the cruise control) came on at the same time. Then the car would not let me park once the sensor comes on and gets stuck in neutral. I would have to turn the car off in 'N' and restart it hoping the gear shift would let me shift to 'P'. It was very annoying and started to worry me. This happened at least 5 times one Sunday. I, too pressed the down hill assistance to turn it off but nothing helps. I also need to take it to the dealer to find out what is going on with the sensors."

Awesome Vehicle!!!

By on Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pros: "Luxury style car at an affordable price!"

Cons: "NONE!"

"I LOVE this car! You get a luxury vehicle for an affordable price! It has all the options, bells and whistles you could ever want or need in an SUV. Great gas mileage, great look inside and out, and an easy to use navigation system. The entire cars console is user friendly and functional. I own the 2012 Hyundai Tucson Limited and I am constantly getting compliments on the panoramic sunroof, my dual heating/air controls and spacey back seats. I couldn't ask for more from an SUV! Hyundai did an excellent job!"

Not a dependable vehicle

By on Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Pros: "Pretty"

Cons: "POOR Quality"

"This vehicle was ok in the beginning but then things started to go wrong. The first was just annoying and the dealer wouldn't fix it was the radio. It draws the power out now and it won't start in the mornings. It only has 75k on it, pretty disappointed a little issue can't be fixed easily. The other issue is the shocks are going out, really? You would think they would use better quality in their vehicle or at least provide better customer service. The quality of the vehicle is the last thing I want to mention because you realize the longer you own this vehicle the cheaper it is made."

Luv my little SUV

By on Thursday, August 13, 2015

Pros: "Good price, quick response, fun to drive"

Cons: "Road noise-little loud"

"I have had my Tucson for 6 mo. & luv it. I love the quick response and easy handling. The interior is very user-friendly. All controls easy to reach. I am 5'9" with long legs and there is plenty of room in the front and back. With bad knees, it is easy to get in & out of and don't have to bend over to get groceries out of the back. I have the GLS model and will keep it many years, however one day would love to upgrade to Limited Edition."

Good Car, Not Great, but Phenomenal Value

By on Friday, August 1, 2014

Pros: "Stylish Exterior, Unbeatable Value, Just Works"

Cons: "Stiff Ride, Ok Steering, Engine Could Be Stronger"

"We just purchased this car not long ago for our newborn to be trucked around in and I can honestly say that this car is worth checking out. No, it's not wrapped in the best leather and the plastic dashboard is both a pro and a con. The front seat is a bit stiff but the heated seats on the GLS we got sort of make up for it I guess. It's just a nice standard amenity they added to the GLS. The ride is a little stiff as well and the steering is unimpressive. I know this probably doesn't sound like the ringing endorsement but this car is not for someone who is used to driving a Mercedes. The point of this car is to give you the best bang for your buck. And it does just that all while still hanging in the middle of the compact SUV pack in just about every category. Personally I think it's one of the best looking if not THE best looking compact SUV in its class. The AWD handles just fine on ours. Actually off road it's pretty impressive coming from a Hyundai. Expect a little better gas mileage if you opt for the FWD version. The XM Satellite radio is a nice feature too. If you have kids (or I guess if you don't have kids) and are wanting a newer car that does just about the exact same thing a more expensive car in it's class does for less money, and you don't want to be dragged up past the $25,000 range then I would highly recommend this vehicle. It will get you from point A to point B and you will feel safe and fairly comfortable. So far we've had no mechanical issues with our Tucson."

Very nice, you'll love it

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Great for the price, great looks, drive's nice."

Cons: "could use a bit more power"

"I recently purchased this vehicle and just fell in love with it right away. To be honest there is nothing fancy about the interior ie: no bells and whisltes. I don't need all the gadgets. For the price, it is a great driving vehicle. I highly recommend the Tucson to anyone looking for a smaller SUV type of vehicle. Test drive one for yourself that's the only way to find out that you'll like it, obviously."

The honeymoon is over, and I STILL love it!

By on Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pros: "Good mix of power and economy, plus good looks!"

Cons: "Road noise. That's all."

Great Value For The Money

By on Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"For a small SUV you get great stlying and economy plus performance from a ever eager 4 banger The powertraine warranty is the best...ride quality is very nice...The 6 speed trany is one of the best..very sure and never hunting for the next gear..allways a pleasure to ride in...Hyundai hit a home run with this new and improved mode. The navagation system and back up camera is a great upgrade..."

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "very good price, great gas mileage"

Cons: "there are no ashtrays or lighters"

"I have owned over ten vehicles in the past years that included AWD and 4WD. None of which have been a "car," but were either a SUV or like the Hyundai Tucson which is able to hold a lot more than the normal vehicle. I have yet to have a problem with the vehicle. Whether it be rain or snow, the Hyundai Tucson has driven perfectly through the seasons. I do not get the sense of "top-heaviness- that I have from other makes such us as Nissan or Toyota in the similar categories. What surprises me is the gas mileage. I receive better gas mileage with my 2.4L engine than my neighbor's 2.0L engine bought the same year. That allows me a little extra money in my pocket that the Mrs. does not need to know about *laugh*. I love this car so much because I had bought this car and within 30 minutes I was slammed into by an 18-wheeler on the interstate. The 18-wheeler must have been going close to 70 mph and I went over an embankment, finally landed, and proceeded to roll at least six times. I am alive today because of this car. I sustained scratches and bruises from the accident, but the majority of my injuries came from the air bags protecting my life. I was able to walk away from the scene of that accident without broken bones or needing stitches. I will always purchase a Hyundai from now on."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Tucson near Honolulu. See local deals