ZIP code

2009 Hyundai Tucson

Based on 351 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Hard to find better than the Tucson

By on Sunday, March 2, 2008

"I leased the brand new '05 V6 GLS model 3 years ago, traded my Toyota 4Runner. Tucson's a more comfortable, smoother ride. Great seats, I feel refreshed after long drives. Been up and down both US coasts and many trips in between, various terrains. Completely reliable! Routine maintenance at dealerships in 4 states, no problems. Bought tires at 39k. That's it. Lease is almost up and I've been heavily car shopping, researching, test driving. I can't find anything to beat my Tucson! I want pre-owned. Rav4 seats are awful, louder road noise, no std side and rear airbags, plus Rav and the CRV are pricey. If you're looking for very good reliability ratings, recommended by professional reviewers, safety, adequate space, comfortable interior and design, decent price and gas mileage (the 4cyl), compared to all the rest of the makes out there, Tucson wins. Decided to buy it after the lease. Just wish the V6 gas mileage was better (16-23). Typical for V6 SUV's. Other than that, my research has resold me on my Tucson. Go for it."

Most enjoyable car I've ever owned - and reliable

By on Saturday, October 6, 2012

Pros: "Cheaper than comparable vehicles to buy."

Cons: "None to mention"

"I've had nearly no expenses outside normal scheduled maintenance and tire/battery replacement. This vehicle is enjoyable to drive, versitile for pleasure or utility use, and economical to operate. Overall, a real winner!!!"

Best SUV vehical

By on Sunday, March 26, 2017

Pros: "Fun to drive"

"This SUV is great for a female with children or no children. Very reliable never broke down out of 17 years great for cross-country driving, and handles well in bad weather as snow/rain east coast states."

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"This vehicle is graet if you have small children. It has the back seats that recline so on long trips you can lay the seats back and snooze. my car gets about 31 mpgs and that is both city and highway. there is only one complaint and that is the motor size it is a little small to be moving a mid- size SUV."

Biggest Disappointment Ever

By on Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"I bought this car in 3/08 and have had it back to the dealership 6 times - 2 times I had to have it towed due to not starting at all and having the car stop in the middle of the road while I was driving. I almost was killed. Multiple problems with the stability control system, system check light on, vapor leak at gas cap(not my fault). The service people are giving me the run around each time I go in by saying they can't find anything wrong with it. I am now stuck with a car I can't trust and a loan I can't afford to pay off early to buy another car. The car is comfortable and looks sporty, drives nice when it starts. Is it too much to expect that a new car should have no problems at least for a couple of years? DO NOT BUY THIS CAR! PS - poor gas mileage for a small SUV"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Tucson near Honolulu. See local deals