2009 Hyundai Tucson

Based on 351 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Good Value Right Car 4 me

By on Sunday, June 28, 2009

"I have had my 2007 Tucson since February 2008 and I use it mainly for a daily car and light off road. I got the manual 2wd and I couldn't be happier. Gas milage calmed after the 1200 mile break in and I get consistent 24-25 in town, but it is directly related to how I drive. You really can dial that in with a stick and if you rev it, you can see it in the gas bill. It isn't a sports car, so you shouldn't drive it like one. !st gear can get you out of what you need to and is a good granny gear too for off road. It handles the dirt roads of nevada well and having driven them in 4 bys the short wheel base and front wheel drive manual does me well. I ain't rock crwling so as long as you drive with your head attached, you can get to where you need to. ABS and ESC help on the slick and keep you where you need to be, rubber to road. Lots of room and adjustable to what I need. Great vehicle and great company. Honest value."

Biggest Disappointment Ever

By on Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"I bought this car in 3/08 and have had it back to the dealership 6 times - 2 times I had to have it towed due to not starting at all and having the car stop in the middle of the road while I was driving. I almost was killed. Multiple problems with the stability control system, system check light on, vapor leak at gas cap(not my fault). The service people are giving me the run around each time I go in by saying they can't find anything wrong with it. I am now stuck with a car I can't trust and a loan I can't afford to pay off early to buy another car. The car is comfortable and looks sporty, drives nice when it starts. Is it too much to expect that a new car should have no problems at least for a couple of years? DO NOT BUY THIS CAR! PS - poor gas mileage for a small SUV"

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I have over 50,000 miles on my Tucson. Best value around. Had a minor low idle computer problem the local Hyundai guys weren't able to fix (local mechanic fixed us up ASAP under warranty), so I'm not real confident in the abilities of the dealers' service staffs. Weather stripping around the windshield was loose when purchased. Otherwise no problems with the vehicle. 4WD and ESP/traction control are outstanding. Best looking small SUV on the road."

Lovable,lovable,lovable

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"Bought my 05 Tucson in 06 with 19000 miles on it. Now have 33000. It has seen two trips to Florida from Texas. Would not trade it for any US made car. I get 27 miles to the gallon on hiway...Great comfort, love the cruise, I'm 6 ft. and the wife is under 5 ft. both of us are comfortable behind the wheel. Acceleration is super. Have no complaints with the car. Very good at towing a trailer."

Extreamly reliabale, economical, roomy, stylish

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pros: "best value small suv, economical reliable,roomy"

Cons: "non"

"I have owned this vehicle for 6 years now . Bought it when it had 12k miles. so far I had zero problems with it. Everything works like new, the car looks like new. No wear inside , even my wife drives my babies in it and she is very messy. It has a manual transmission and the clutch still shifts ok. Breaks are really good, abs on all wheels. Plenty of room in front and the rear seat. Rear seats fold down easy, I hauled a ton of stuff. Suspension is very good and has not" moved" the wrong way. The engine sounds like a bumble bee and has plenty of power with the 2.0 L ,5 speed manual. Very economical, runs with regular gas. I would not sub it for a V6 engine. You can not even change the spark plugs on a V6 unless you take down the collectors. Only desirable thing : It could have a 6th gear. The check engine light has not come on once. The only time was at 15k miles when it was due for a service check from the dealer. I turned it off and it never came back."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Tucson near Honolulu. See local deals