2008 Hyundai Tiburon

Based on 341 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

2003 Tiburon GT V6

By on Monday, July 13, 2009

"I bought my 2003 GT V6 brand new in April 2004. It is not the worst car I have ever owned but it was the worst new car I have ever owned. The cars engine performance was good and it handled very well at high speeds. I had minor problems that were fixed under warranty. I beleive the wheel allignment from the factory was off and I had to have it re-alligned after 10,000 miles and replacing a set of tires. This was not covered under warranty because Hyundai claimed I caused the problem. The main problem I had with the car was the dual mass clutch. The clutch would stick. This started at about 40,000 miles and continued until I traded the car in at 49000 miles for a new 2009 Sonata. Hyundai was well aware of this problem with the early V6 Tiburons. The replacement parts are not the same as the original parts for the early V6 Tiburons. Hyundai refused to honour their warranty for the dual mass clutch. I did some research and found a class action lawsuit in California against Hyundai because of this problem. From the research, I found if you were willing to take Hyundai to court they wouldn't do much to contest it and would usually settle with you. The other noticible problem had to do with the cloth on the seats which wore very quickly and was well frayed on the drivers seat by the time I traded it in."

GREAT CAR FOR THE MONEY

By on Friday, April 6, 2012

Pros: "GREAT GAS AND PRICE"

Cons: "THEY STOPPED MAKING IT"

"I BOUGHT THE FOUR CYLINDER COUPE BRAND NEW, GREAT ON GAS AND IT STILL CAN GO OVER 120. GENERAL MAINTENANCE NOT MUCH MORE I DO MOST OF MY WORK EXCEPT WHEN I HAD THE TIMING BELT DONE AT THE DEALER, STRESSED THE A/C LINE AND IT STARTED LEAKING, OTHER WISE JUST BATTERIES, OIL CHANGES, TIRES, ETC. AND WHEN IS TIME TO PUT MONEY IN IT YOU CAN NOT GET AS GOOD LOOKING RELIABLE CAR FOR THE MONEY"

best value sports car

By on Monday, October 3, 2011

Pros: "great price, fun to drive"

Cons: "back seats are small"

"sexy design, handles great, no problems so far and nice to have hyundai warranty. I have driven both automatic and stick and the manual transmission is a lot better so that's the one I bought."

excellent car

By on Sunday, January 27, 2008

"Have had this car since new in "01. No mechanical problems, just typical maintenance (oil, tires, brakes, rotors, etc), extremely reliable. After 7 years a little rust spot has appeared on the sunroof lip, and the only annoyance is sometimes the seatbelt retractor sticks. This car corners and handles like slot car, speed racer types would love this car. It's a good thing car magazines underrated the tib because it kept the price down for those of us "in the know" (wink wink)!"

Nice car

By on Monday, October 29, 2007

"Ive had mine for 6 years. Very rare is it that I need to do anything to it. Just normal maintenance stuff. Highly recommend."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Tiburon near Honolulu. See local deals