2016 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 91 Ratings for the 2015 - 2018 models.

My fifth Hyundai, Never had one in the shop

By on Monday, August 14, 2017

Pros: "comfort, great power, very stylish and reliable"

Cons: "prices are getting higher, still a value for what"

"great cars Ive had 5 now"

Great car!

By on Monday, November 20, 2017

"I did a lot of research before settling on the Sonata. I have owned several Hyundai vehicles all the way back to the Excel in the 80s. The other contender was the Chevy Malibu which I probably would have chosen if it they didnt have the engine turn off when braking at lights. Pros: Looks great inside & out Handles well Comfortable for long legs/wide hips Factory warranty Cons: When rear defrost is on, you cant hear the radio well Seats could have a little more cushion, but truly doesnt affect my ride Factory tires are loud (as noted in other reviews) so I look forward to replacing them No floor mats-I bought this car in May 2017 and the dealer said since its used it didnt have mats but I could buy them for 250. More of a dealer issue. For the money, you cant beat this vehicle. Best Hyundai Ive owned."

Awesome deal; awesome car

By on Monday, November 27, 2017

Pros: "Value, looks, safety, fun"

Cons: "No CD player- all MP3, radio and Sirius"

"This is my 3rd Hyundai Sonata (owned 09 and now own 2013 and 2018). I love these cars and the 2018 only impresses! The value is amazing, Im getting good gas mileage (averaging about 33 mph on the Sport) and the safety features are beyond anything Ive ever owned."

Roomy, comfortable, and good value.

By on Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Pros: "Value, quality, roominess, logical controls."

Cons: "To slow with 2.4 engine. Handling not crisp enough"

"The Sonata has been very reliable, with no issues what so ever for 3 years. Gas mileage is as advertised for city/hwy. Extremely roomy and well thought out instrument panel and controls. Where the car falls down is driving dynamics and engine power. Needs the turbo engine with better suspension to add more fun to the drive."

Great Car for the price and reliabilty is great

By on Sunday, January 22, 2017

Pros: "Great performance and features for the money"

Cons: "Difficult for taller people to get in and out car"

"Let me start by saying this is my 5th Hyundai, and my 3rd Sonata. I decided to step up to the 2.0 Turbo Sport edition this time around. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised by the upgrade in power and performance with the 2016 2.0T (Sport) edition. You have the choice of 3 performance levels, and all handled with the press of a button. The real difference between the ECO/Standard setting and the SPORT setting is the shift level in RPM's. Whereas the Standard and ECO settings will shift between gears at around 2,000 RPM's, the SPORT mode shifts at 3,000 RPM's and this does make a huge difference in the acceleration and overall performance of the car. Of course, driving in the SPORT mode also affects the gas mileage, as is to be expected. Overall, this is a fun car to drive and will surprise you with its acceleration when shifting into the SPORT mode. The car has been well designed in terms of the placements of the various controls and ease of using all of the features/enhancements between the base model Sonata and the SPORT 2.0T model. The seats (leather) are extremely comfortable and the drivers seat feature electronic adjustments for the positioning of the seat. The touch screen for the sound system is well designed and easy to set up and use. The Chrome trim on the SPORT model is stylish, without being gaudy and accents the appearance of the car nicely. The seating is spacious in both the front and back, but the sleek profile of the car does make the roof line difficult for taller people to get in and out of the car. The ride is smooth and the steering adequate for handling most driving conditions. Hyundai has obviously taken the feedback from consumers and continues to modify and improve the styling and performance of the Sonata, thus makes it a great alternative to both similar models offered by Toyota and Honda. Having owned 2 Elantra's and 3 Sonata's, I am a firm believer in Hyundai's ongoing commitment to the Safety, Quality and Performance improvements over the years."