2012 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 782 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Worst Car Ever

By on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Car is not reliable, it looks really good but had nothing but problems with mine since I have bought it. Would not recommend to anyone Hyundai is not very easy to work with once you have problems."

so so vehicle

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pros: "the only pro is it's a fast car with lots of zing"

Cons: "the whole darn car"

"waited a long time to buy a sonata so when it came to buy a new car I went to my local dealer to buy this car. was sold on mileage 25City 40 highway. What a joke I get 19 in the City and on Highway 32 to 35 which I cant complain about it is the city driving mileage when I took it in they said wait until you get 10000 miles on it while here we are with 24300 on it and its the same plus during Winter months I get 14 to 16 miles per gallon Dealer does know what to say its my driving what a joke I was laid up for a month and my son drove the car and he got same mileage as me.The car is very noisy I've had about 6 recalls on it so far steering pulls and again its my driving and hold on to the steering wheel tighter lol. Paid extra for interior package and that scratches easy I could go on and on"

Stunning to look at, painful in the long run.

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, features for the money, looks"

Cons: "Lack of reliability"

"The looks and fuel mileage sold me on this car, but sadly its spent as much time in the shop than on the road. Plan on repairs at each oil change interval. Mine left me stranded once, without a/c once, without a radio twice, with an air bag light once, a noise in the front end that the dealer either can't or won't verify, and now that the base warranty has expired, a check engine light that indicates o2 sensor problems. Enough is enough. It's outta here."

traded an audi a-6 and fell in love with it

By on Saturday, October 31, 2015

Pros: "great to drive, peppy. great sound"

"Car is quick for it's size. Breaking was excellent at low and high speed. We are trading up to an lexus and hope better would benfine. 53,000 miles and no break job yet. steering seemed weird and dealer replaced electric wire to wire steering. Used roadside assistance for run out, there within in 1/2 hour in city we were not used to. Had to put tires and upgrade made cabin noise nill. Perfect car. with the trade in value, had car five years for $2.200 a year! Over all a great car but getting tired of it because we have had five years."

Cant Decide if I like it or Dislike it...

By on Friday, July 9, 2010

"I have mixed feelings when it comes to the 2011 Sonata Limited. When I went to Antwerpen to test drive it, I thought it was elegant looking.It sort of reminded me of a newer looking Mercedes. I looked at the engine specs, 200 HP from an I4! thats crazy for a 4 cyl! It drove really well, which is somewhat of a surprise for me since Ive driven American and European. Decent getup from an I4. However, there were aspects that were cons on this car. 1. HUGE BODY. trying to park this thing is like parallel parking a semi with a trailer attached to it. there were some blind spots, but I hear this issue can be fixed with the addition of a backup camera which Hyundai would add no charge. 2. Limited Options. there were only one or two colors that made this car look amazing and the leather would be the only way to go, due to the fact that the cloth material in the lower end models was cheap. It faded with a single swipe of my finger. As the title says, I cant decide, do I like the new Sonata, or dislike it?"