2012 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 790 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Best vehicle I've owned.

By on Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pros: "NO COMPROMISES!!"

Cons: "None."

"Compared the Sonata to the Camry, Accord, Malibu and Fusion and couldn't come up with a reason to do anything but buy the Sonata. After the first year, the car is as good as advertised and better in many respects. On trips, I regularly get 40MPG (not hybrid!) and with the value Hyundai provided, I was able to buy after-market DVD players for the headrests (dealer installed) and the kids love them. I can't think of a single thing I compromised by getting the Sonata."

I love this car!

By on Monday, June 18, 2012

Pros: "quick stops, good pick-up, beautiful styling"

Cons: "Needs an auxiliary plug in back seat"

"I bought this car new right before Christmas 2011, and got most of the features on it; did cut out the rear camera, something I now regret. Also did not get the moon roof or guidance system (I have a very good Garmin), which I don't miss. The car handles very well, good on dry and wet roads; handles well in quick stops. It gets great gas mileage, if I can keep my foot off the gas. Making a game of more efficient driving helps make it easier. I average 32 - 33 mph in town (we have a lot of hills), and around 40 on the road. This car has plenty of room - I was surprised at the amount of leg room in the back seat. Good trunk space too - enough for two adults on a two week vacation. I got a great deal on this car, which makes it even better. Love it, and would definitely purchase another one."

Dependable, comfortable, 34mpg on hwy

By on Sunday, February 5, 2017

Pros: "comfortable peppy, well trimmed, pleasure to drive"

Cons: "not much very pleased"

"Bought with 135K, runs great, comfortable, Highway MPG at 73 mph is about 34 mpg comfortable on extended drives, rides good, very large trunk. one of the best cars I have ever owned."

Excellent Mid-Size Sedan. We plan to keep it 10 yr

By on Thursday, October 6, 2016

Pros: "Great price. Loaded w/Features. Fun to drive."

Cons: "Ext trim is blk tape; steer whl color wearing off;"

"We bought this car after MUCH research. Got a great price and bought the 10 yr. bumper to bumper add-on warranty due to many electronic features we assumed would be problematic at some point. So far, >3 yrs. no problems. Turbo will get you out of trouble every time. Handles well in traffic, interstate and curvy roads. Brakes excellent. trunk is large, seating comfortable, heated front and rear seats VERY nice. In cabin ambient road noise higher than I would like, but definitely bearable. Sirus/HD Radio really nice. Bought In-Dash Nav system and back up camera. Had some problems with the NAV System - didn't recognize which button was being pushed. Updated the NAV system and problem went away. Dealer wanted 6 hrs. and several $100 to update NAV software. I downloaded the free update from Hyundai to a thumbdrive and updated it myself through the USB port in the console. Took 30 min. No problem. SUMMARY: Great car. Having a few trim issues (they use black tape instead of paint for the window and door pillar trim; gray accent color wearing off the steering wheel show the black underneath). I change the oil, bought new tires, use regular gas. Averages about 24 MPG combined. I recommend the car."

Greatest value around

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "Great price , great looks fun to drive price good"

Cons: "No memory seat setting"

"I ain,t no spring chicken. Owned lots of very expensive cars. This one is great value fun to drive and makes me feel young. A whole lot less than the. Jag XKE V12 I once had. Gas mileage is good too. Great looking car."