ZIP code

2011 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 788 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Excellent Mid-Size Sedan. We plan to keep it 10 yr

By on Thursday, October 6, 2016

Pros: "Great price. Loaded w/Features. Fun to drive."

Cons: "Ext trim is blk tape; steer whl color wearing off;"

"We bought this car after MUCH research. Got a great price and bought the 10 yr. bumper to bumper add-on warranty due to many electronic features we assumed would be problematic at some point. So far, >3 yrs. no problems. Turbo will get you out of trouble every time. Handles well in traffic, interstate and curvy roads. Brakes excellent. trunk is large, seating comfortable, heated front and rear seats VERY nice. In cabin ambient road noise higher than I would like, but definitely bearable. Sirus/HD Radio really nice. Bought In-Dash Nav system and back up camera. Had some problems with the NAV System - didn't recognize which button was being pushed. Updated the NAV system and problem went away. Dealer wanted 6 hrs. and several $100 to update NAV software. I downloaded the free update from Hyundai to a thumbdrive and updated it myself through the USB port in the console. Took 30 min. No problem. SUMMARY: Great car. Having a few trim issues (they use black tape instead of paint for the window and door pillar trim; gray accent color wearing off the steering wheel show the black underneath). I change the oil, bought new tires, use regular gas. Averages about 24 MPG combined. I recommend the car."

Love this car

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfort, reliable, well built, value"

Cons: "None."

"Yep, I gave it all 10s. I've owned my 2011 Sonata for 2 years and it's seriously the best car I've ever owned. Opinion alert: If you are an irresponsible person who doesn't maintain your car, your opinion should have no bearing in this discussion...because it's assumed you maintain your cars on the prescribed schedule. But I digress. I've never had a single thing wrong with this vehicle. I moved from MN to CA last year and was dreading the drive. It was a joy in this thing. The seats are comfortable, the ride is quiet, it handles great-very responsive, and the gas mileage is impressive. I think I averaged 31 or 33 mpg at 85 mph...roughly. The car is well built, too. Very well built...and it looks beautiful. It's an excellent value for how surprisingly high quality it is. I paid under $30k for mine with many of the same amenities as you absolutely find in more "high end" (whatever that means) cars. I do think the GLS' 16" wheels seem rather puny, but I don't think most people notice (I'm just very detail oriented)."

ride noise is very bad that would be my main compl

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "price , warr , service from my dealer roswell nm"

Cons: "ride noise"

"ride noise is very bad and tire ware"

LOVE My Sonata 2.0T

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Best value for looks, comfort"

Cons: "Pulls to the left at speeds over 40 mph"

"I chose the Sonata with the Turbo engine and I am so happy with my purchase. I have driven it for a full year and I would buy the exact same car if I had to do it all over again. It looks sharp, it's extremely comfortable and the pickup is pretty amazing. The trunk is a great size and the backseat has a surprising amount of leg room. My 6'4" husband is very comfortable as a passenger and driver. I am only 5'3" and I love it too! I love the layout of the interior. I didn't care much about the push-button start feature or the blue tooth, but I am thrilled I have these conveniences now. Easily unlocking my car or popping the trunk without digging for keys is wonderful! The one thing I'm dissappointed about is that my car (and other Sonatas from what I've heard) pulls to the left at speeds over 40 mph. I've had it looked at, there was a recal that I took it in for, I've had the tires rotated, etc. The problem hasn't been solved and that stinks. I still love the car though."

I love this car!

By on Thursday, February 2, 2012

"I work in the automotive industry and bought this car because I heard nothing but great reviews from customers. It has been a wonderful car that drives as well as it looks!"