2011 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 782 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Amazing vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "great price, great mileage, excellent appearance"

Cons: "none identified in the first year"

"Purchased this car as a commuter vehicle and have not been in the least dissappointed. I travel 56 miles one way every day and the vehicle is comfortable and rides well. Handling in all weather has been solid, all around gas milage including weekend city driving is 32 to 33 mpg. Long trip to VA I got 37 for the trip. Overall you can spend more for a car but it will be difficult to get a better value."

Sharp looking, comfortable, strong turbo

By on Friday, February 1, 2013

Pros: "Good price, strong engine, lots of features"

Cons: "No power passenger seat"

"I have the 2013 turbo limited with premium package. Good looks with nice features like panoramic roof, all seats heated, easy to use navigation and a sound system that can get very loud and still sounds clear. Paddle shifters and a lot of power if you want it from the turbo engine. Handles well as car can be pushed pretty hard and still maintains good control. The ride overall is smooth. Rougher roads you can feel the bumps though nothing that is too harsh. Blue link works well in starting car remotely or getting the weather or restaurant choices hands free. Not to complicated in setting up bluetooth. No power passenger seat is a negative. Good gas mileage with 24 around town and 33 on the highway. With the good looks, features, nice ride, strong engine and extensive warranty it is a good deal at $29,500 which is the price I paid."

Ive Got this car brand New with 7 miles on it

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "Style, Handiling, comfort, speed"

Cons: "NONE."

"i currently have 50,200 miles on my 2011 Hyundai Sonata, I wash my rims and car often, change the oil myself, just bought brand new tires for it, had the tires balanced and the allignment done,the cars engine is strong; the technology is great, hands free, the car talks to you and understands me. honestly i cannot complain about the car, i wish it was worth more. it looks more then its worth. NEVER THOUGHT ID LIKE A HYUNDAI.......... only drove FORD, Lincoln, Cadillac, Mercury. then tried Nissan, Now In a Hyundai. Love it, shockingly the best gas saving fast stylish car."

Excellent engine, could use a few refinements

By on Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Pros: "Engine, stock features, price, reliability"

Cons: "Handling, service, depreciation"

"***Value: I paid $24,880 in 2011 for the current 2011 Sonata SE 2.0T, no upgraded audio, nav, or moonroof. For what it's worth I can't stand car navigation systems and don't miss the moonroof. It's depreciated more than I would have liked, at about 13-15k as of 2014 ***Audio: For me the stock audio, no high powered amp, no sub, etc doesn't mean poor audio at all. The stock audio is fantastic, volume isn't the loudest but it has great dynamics, clarity and connections for an iPhone in particular with a $30+ cable, AUX or USB for Android, or just use a flash drive. ***Performance: If you want awesome acceleration that doesn't break the bank, this is a gold mine. Turn off ECO mode and traction control, slide to manual shifting, hit the accelerator to find the sweet spot. After almost 30k miles it has a 1-1.5 second delay between rolling at 20 to engaging full boost. Cornering is its weak point, not the sharpest or most precise, but 269 ft lb torque means you can slide the tail right out even in a fwd. I get about 30 mpg highway and can't keep lead foot under control enough to get more than 21 mpg in the summer. Previously was getting 24-26 mpg with ECO mode. ***Reliability: Hyundai initially fixed a few problems without charge when randomly in automatic (Drive) it would sometimes shift by itself as if in manual, displaying the gear number instead of D, at 60 mph I would sometimes end up in 2nd gear. They couldn't quite diagnose the problem but reflashed a few parts and the only remaining problem is problems with it automatically upshifting. And the stock tires are honestly terrible... Stock Hankook's were burned down to flat rubber after 20k miles and even prior would slip and completely stutter at the sight of a drop of rain. I used Blizzak WS70's in the winter in New York no problem, now I have Michelin Pilot A/S 3's, it's night and day. Nearing 28k miles Hyundai wanted me to shell out $300 for brake work and transmission fluid for my 30k service... ***Could be better: Cornering for sure, turbo latency (which can be fixed by upgraded parts), initially when I bought the car I had a TON of fog/dew on the inside and outside of my windows and windshield, defogger on full blast didn't fix a thing. Mirrors are harder to view than I would like with their shape and rear windshield slope. ***Overall: Never head a break down or a flat, awesome audio, fantastic performance, a few refinements here and there could be done, but overall great."

Interior appointements, exterior looks, great mpg

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Luxury feel, hybrid mileage in a mid-sized sedan"

"A previous Sonata owner who traded in for the Hybrid. All the initial Hybrid problems this model had in 2011/12 have been thoroughly worked out. I found the Hybrid system is smooth, effortless, and worth it with every mile! I get all and then some of the EPA rating in both city and highway, even at slightly higher driving speeds. I am averaging 38 combined The car handles beautifully on the road, mine is fully eqipped so it offers max conveniences, and as a 25,000 mile a year driver, I appreciate every one of them. Reliability has been great, zero issues or repairs in 17000 miles!"

best car ever owned

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "great car over all. fun to drive"

Cons: "wish it had darker tinted windows"

"best reliable car ever owned and one of the fastest,traded in my bmw for it. still driving it today, but I must say you must get the turbo model."

Nice car, good gas mileage over the road

By on Tuesday, May 7, 2013

"Overall a good value car, good gas mileage over the road approx 32 mpg in town around 22, drives nice, a little outside noise when driving on the road, seats are fairly comfortable but could be better, nice trunk room and backseat leg room. Would like the car to let a little less outside noise in when driving. My rating would be 8 out of 10"

HYUNDAI LOVER

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable seats, easy to drive. Good trunk."

Cons: "Front headrest odd height for some passengers."

"This is my fourth Hyundai and I will never buy any other brand. I was one of the first in my area to buy a Hyundai when they came out and never regretted it. As a single woman I need a car that is reliable and can be counted upon to get me around without question. Each of the Hyundais I have owned ran well with just normal maintenance and kept their value at trade-in. My current 2011 Sonata is metallic red and I still get comments on how pretty it is."

Love my Sonata

By on Saturday, February 16, 2013

Cons: "Passenger seat needs to be automatic."

"As soon as I took the test drive, I was hooked. Love the seat comfort, driving it is great, handling is good and mileage is as good as stated, over 30 in town. My only criticism is the passenger seat which is not automatic, I thought they all were. Not being automatic makes it harder to get out of since it is lower and not adjustable. We would definitely look to purchase another Hyundai."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Pros: "Looks, gas mileage, price"

Cons: "Outside noise on freeway"

"I bought my 2011 Hyundai Sonata in February 2011. It is now January 2013 and I have a bit over 32,000 miles on it. I bought this car because I saw a few of them around town and they were surprisingly good looking cars for a Hyundai. I used to think I would NEVER own one but I went ahead and traded in my 2010 Toyota Tacoma for one because of fuel costs. On average I get about 460 miles per 16 gallon tank of gas. I have zero complaints about the gas whatsoever. The Sonata looks good. I have had one problem with the car which was the brake locking up when I would try and start the car. Since you have to engage the brake in order to start the vehicle it was a bit of an issue. I took it in around 21,000 miles to have it fixed which of course was free of charge since it was well under warranty. The service is always great I just get the oil changed and tires rotated ever 5,000 miles. The tire tread is still like new so I don't see having to get new tires anytime soon. The navigation system still works great and when I lived in the D.C. area it was a lifesaver! This car has taken me from coast to coast multiple trips and with no problems! Happy to have bought this vehicle and I would reccommend it to others as well!"