2011 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 787 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Excellent Mid-Size Sedan. We plan to keep it 10 yr

By on Thursday, October 6, 2016

Pros: "Great price. Loaded w/Features. Fun to drive."

Cons: "Ext trim is blk tape; steer whl color wearing off;"

"We bought this car after MUCH research. Got a great price and bought the 10 yr. bumper to bumper add-on warranty due to many electronic features we assumed would be problematic at some point. So far, >3 yrs. no problems. Turbo will get you out of trouble every time. Handles well in traffic, interstate and curvy roads. Brakes excellent. trunk is large, seating comfortable, heated front and rear seats VERY nice. In cabin ambient road noise higher than I would like, but definitely bearable. Sirus/HD Radio really nice. Bought In-Dash Nav system and back up camera. Had some problems with the NAV System - didn't recognize which button was being pushed. Updated the NAV system and problem went away. Dealer wanted 6 hrs. and several $100 to update NAV software. I downloaded the free update from Hyundai to a thumbdrive and updated it myself through the USB port in the console. Took 30 min. No problem. SUMMARY: Great car. Having a few trim issues (they use black tape instead of paint for the window and door pillar trim; gray accent color wearing off the steering wheel show the black underneath). I change the oil, bought new tires, use regular gas. Averages about 24 MPG combined. I recommend the car."

Love this car

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfort, reliable, well built, value"

Cons: "None."

"Yep, I gave it all 10s. I've owned my 2011 Sonata for 2 years and it's seriously the best car I've ever owned. Opinion alert: If you are an irresponsible person who doesn't maintain your car, your opinion should have no bearing in this discussion...because it's assumed you maintain your cars on the prescribed schedule. But I digress. I've never had a single thing wrong with this vehicle. I moved from MN to CA last year and was dreading the drive. It was a joy in this thing. The seats are comfortable, the ride is quiet, it handles great-very responsive, and the gas mileage is impressive. I think I averaged 31 or 33 mpg at 85 mph...roughly. The car is well built, too. Very well built...and it looks beautiful. It's an excellent value for how surprisingly high quality it is. I paid under $30k for mine with many of the same amenities as you absolutely find in more "high end" (whatever that means) cars. I do think the GLS' 16" wheels seem rather puny, but I don't think most people notice (I'm just very detail oriented)."

ride noise is very bad that would be my main compl

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "price , warr , service from my dealer roswell nm"

Cons: "ride noise"

"ride noise is very bad and tire ware"

LOVE My Sonata 2.0T

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Best value for looks, comfort"

Cons: "Pulls to the left at speeds over 40 mph"

"I chose the Sonata with the Turbo engine and I am so happy with my purchase. I have driven it for a full year and I would buy the exact same car if I had to do it all over again. It looks sharp, it's extremely comfortable and the pickup is pretty amazing. The trunk is a great size and the backseat has a surprising amount of leg room. My 6'4" husband is very comfortable as a passenger and driver. I am only 5'3" and I love it too! I love the layout of the interior. I didn't care much about the push-button start feature or the blue tooth, but I am thrilled I have these conveniences now. Easily unlocking my car or popping the trunk without digging for keys is wonderful! The one thing I'm dissappointed about is that my car (and other Sonatas from what I've heard) pulls to the left at speeds over 40 mph. I've had it looked at, there was a recal that I took it in for, I've had the tires rotated, etc. The problem hasn't been solved and that stinks. I still love the car though."

I love this car!

By on Thursday, February 2, 2012

"I work in the automotive industry and bought this car because I heard nothing but great reviews from customers. It has been a wonderful car that drives as well as it looks!"

Great car

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pros: "Great value, interior/exterior style, fuel economy"

Cons: "numb steering, slightly firm ride"

"This has been the best car I have owned. I consistently get 25-27 mpg in mixed driving and 35-38 mpg on long highway drives. The look inside and out is fantastic. Several people have said it looks like it should cost twice what I paid. I get asked about it all the time and everyone walks away impressed. I considered a Camry but the Sonata offered better style, more features, better warranty, and better driving dynamics. It is a very comfortable and reasonably quiet car and the 2.4L 4 cylinder feels more like a V6. Since it is a family sedan I can't be to negative about driving dynamics but the steering is slightly numb and lacks any real feedback. The chassis is well sorted and it handles pretty good for a family hauler. I wish Hyundai could soften the ride a little and not degrade the handling. The manual mode on the auto transmission is pointless unless using to keep speed down on long downhill runs, it automatically up-shifts when nearing redline. Overall it is great car with zero issues, great resale value, and higher than average predicted reliability."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pros: "great safety, great milage, fun drive"

Cons: "3000-mile oil change requirement on the turbo"

"We went from a Nissan Maxima, which was fun to drive, to this car earlier this year. This car holds its own, for sure! Pretty of power and steering agility. Comfortable seats (my boss comments everytime she's a passenger about nice the seats are). The gas milage over the 2006 Maxima is AMAZING. We have saved $250 a month in gas (we drive 80 miles a day)."

Great car for the money

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Great car for the money"

Cons: "None so far"

"We wanted a comfortable, stylish, performing and reliable vehicle for my family. I have owned many different sports cars, suv's and trucks. We went with the 2.0 turbo on our SE Sonata and what a great performing engine. No turbo lag and it gets up and goes. Enough power to spin the tires considerably from a stop light on acceleration. Gas mileage is averaging around 26mpg and I have a heavy foot. This is primarily my wifes' car as she wanted out of her suv into something better on gas and more exciting to drive. The interior is actually very nice for a car in the mid to high 20's price tag. Plenty of leg room (I'm 6'3" 240lbs) for my family. The car handles nicely, although a little more driver feedback through the steering would be nice, but I realize its not a sports car so I can't complain too much. The paddle shifters on the steering wheel are a nice touch as well. I really can't think of a negative with this car. Hopefully the reliability will match or beat our past hondas and toyotas (still own a toyota). Years ago I would've never given Hyundai a chance for my money, but they have certainly been doing things right over the past few years with their car lineup and reliability scores. The Sonata is a great car with a great value."

Fun, reliable sedan at a great value!

By on Wednesday, June 4, 2014

"I've owned a Hyundai Sonata 2.0T Limited for a little over 2 years now and I love it. It drives smoothly, is fairly quiet, is comfortable, and is safe. It gets decent gas mileage, and also has a turbo and is fun to drive. It has nice styling inside and out and comes with a ton of options, like bluetooth, mp3 player, heated leather seats, and so on. I haven't had any issues with it during the 2 years I have owned it and I'm happy that Hyundai offers the longest, most comprehensive warranty in the industry so I can keep this car for years to come. This car is the best value in mid-size sedans on the market."

Amazing vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "great price, great mileage, excellent appearance"

Cons: "none identified in the first year"

"Purchased this car as a commuter vehicle and have not been in the least dissappointed. I travel 56 miles one way every day and the vehicle is comfortable and rides well. Handling in all weather has been solid, all around gas milage including weekend city driving is 32 to 33 mpg. Long trip to VA I got 37 for the trip. Overall you can spend more for a car but it will be difficult to get a better value."