2011 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 790 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Will never own another car

By on Friday, September 13, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, comfortable, great value for price"

Cons: "nothing"

"Absolutely love the Hyundai Sonata. Bought it used and still runs wonderfully. Most comfortable car for the price with many features that come standard compared to other cars that you will have to pay extra for. Get gas mileage around 31 highway and 25 city. I love the luxury of the Sonata and the great customer service I have received at multiple different Hyundai dealerships. I never want to own another car other than Hyundai."

Love my Sonata-It is my 2nd one

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "Sporty, handles well and spacious"

Cons: "I wish they had moonroofs on the SE models."

"This is my second Sonata. My 2011 had some issue with the brake switch and a few other minor issue. I always get tons of compliments on my car. It handles well, has a lot of "get up and go" to it, and the interior is great! I love all the room, trunk space, cup holders, sport seats and the blue interior lights. The only negative thing so far is that I had to have the Rocker Panel repainted. The paint was flaking off, I was told that mine was not the only one with this issue. Hyundai repainted it and I am happy with the outcome."

Very nice vehicle

By on Thursday, October 6, 2011

"Purchased the 2012 Sonata Limited Turbo. Love everything about it so far. Has a lot of nice options and drives nicely. feels like V6."

Proud, happy, satisfied Sonata owner

By on Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pros: "sleek, sexy, and fun - inside and out"

Cons: "not as roomy as I'd like"

"I bought my 2011 Sonata in June of 2011, and have had it just over a year. I didn't want to write a review until I had time to actually drive it to give an honest opinion. I...love...this...car. I opted for the 2.0 Turbo, and regret nothing! As someone else stated, it sacrifices a few miles if you have a heavy foot, but still gets good mileage. I'm not very technical as far as the way motors and cars work in general, so before buying I asked a lot of the engineers I work with (we manufacture parts for diesel engines, so most of these guys have strong opinions about cars). They were all very certain that the Sonata would be a great car. Like others who've reviewed, I test drove other cars - Mazdas, Fords, Scions, Volkswagons - but my mind stayed on the Sonata. I drove a Toyota Camry before I owned this, which I liked, but am very happy with my decision. I have the bluetooth, navigation, XM radio, etc., and am glad I got it. Sometimes the bluetooth doesn't always work on the first try, but always comes around. Also, the car was recalled not long after I got it, but not for anything major. It took them about 30 minutes with my car to solve the issue. Hyundai seems to be good at making the recalls in a timely fashion to ensure the safety of its customers. The only other thing that bothers me about the car is that there are currently no racks that can go on top of the car (like they can for Jettas or other sedans). I would like to be able to put a kayak rack on top, but want to make sure it is secure and safe. I paid around $27k for the car, and while I did not have a good experience in the purchasing process (Hyundai Dealership in Columbia, SC off of I-20, Clemson Road) I absolutely love this decision. If you are thinking about getting this car, do!"

Best in Power, super Quiet!

By on Sunday, August 5, 2012

"I changed to Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires, it's super quiet now , also checked internet , Yokohama Envigor tires give same quiet ride. It has power when you need it for passing and a fuel miser , 35 to 37 mpg at 70 mph. I owned several car brands before, this one is fantastic. They have employed German engineers and designers from AUDI, so this is not the HYUNDAI 10 yrs ago. Go, give it a try, it won't disappoint."