2006 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 788 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

It's a Good Buy

By on Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"I own a 4 Cyl 2006 Sonata. I have 73,000 miles on the car so far as I do a lot of driving and I push the car to the limit. Pros: - Very smooth ride even when I drive it over 100 m/h. - The car is very reliable and quiet; sometimes I forget its running. - The seats are comfortable and the car has a lot of space specially in the backseats and the trunk. - The body style is classic and it will not grow old very quickly. I don’t want to call it Cons I will just call it comments. Comments: -It’s a misconception that a full warranty is up to 100,000 or 5 years. Only engine and transmission is covered for 100,000 miles. I’ve had to pay out of my pocket to replace the AC compressor at 62,000. Warranty is over at 60,000 - I wish the suspension was more rigid. - Quality of plastic is little bit cheaper than the other cars but it’s not very noticeable Over all, I strongly recommend the car for people who are looking for a normal comfortable everyday ride"

One of my Best Vehicle I have ever Had

By on Monday, December 14, 2015

Pros: "Low Maintenance,Reliable,High MPG,Perfect driving"

Cons: "Simple insterior Cosmetic Issues"

"I am 36 and I had VW Jetta,Toyota Camry, Honda Civic and This one 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL. All of them were great and this one is also way beyond what people thinks. I bought it When it had 85,000 miles on it Sep 2012 from its first owner, I still have it and as a second owner,and planning not to sell it since it is Perfectly reliable. It does not have the timing belt. So you don't have to change anything. Milage/Gallon is pretty good for a car 2.4 engine car. It is giving me always more that 25 miles per gallon. If I have to be precise i can say 28/32 for sure. Low maintenance. There a few cons by the way. Like interior cosmetic issues like windows button. It is floppy but it works. I can definitely keep driving it and I will keep it. There is a check engine light issue you need to know it is coming from emission. I have replace that piece twice like around $200 each time but for a mileage that i have taken so far like 100,000 in 3 years, It is OK. No other expenses. And please consider this car. I can say Instead of paying more to Honda i would get Hyundai since you can get the same type of a car with a better price. Since nobody knows it. It is not popular like the other two brand. But i can definitely say I LOVED IT SO MUCH."

Even Better than I expected!

By on Monday, August 9, 2010

"I purchased my 2007 Sonata Limited new in September of 2006. I really thought I was getting a pretty good car for the cost, but I seriously underestimated this vehicle! At 63 years old, I've owned a number of cars - some, very high priced premium labels, others aspiring to be the best, most reliable available. I didn't think I had unreasonable expectations of the Sonata, but, as it turns out, I couldn't have purchased anything, repeat ANYTHING, that would have performed better. Period! This car is HANDS DOWN the best vehicle I've ever owned. It's got 55k on it now, and I absolutely expect to log another 55k before I even consider selling or trading it. Hyundai is showing the automitive world how it's done! I'm a fan."

READ THIS FOR SURE

By on Friday, June 4, 2010

"My wife drives a late model 535 BMW. My Sonata LX puts it to shame at less tha half the price. Last month a full size SUV surved in front of me making a turn at high speed on a six lane and was leaning my way. I hit their passenger side door at about 45 miles an hour. The SUV was like a ball bat slaming a base ball. The SUV went air born, turned 2 complete 360 roll overs in the air, landed on it's wheels and hit a second vehicle My Sonata was totaled from the front bumper to the windshield including the drive train. I was totally unhurt and my two large dogs laying on the back seat remained in place clamly looking at me like "What was that?" God bless the Hyundai although I did use another one of my 9 lives. Just bought another one"

Great car

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Great value for the money & it still handles well"

Cons: "Tinted windows are not standard on the 2007 Sonata"

"I bought my 2007 Sonata in March 2008, with 20 miles on it. Since that time I have put over 210,000 miles on it. The only maintenance it has needed outside of routine maintenance (oil changes, tires, batteries, etc), was that I had to replace 2 switches in the right rear door (door lock and window controller) in 2009 and 2010. I still put it on the highway and the V6 never hesitates or knocks, plus the gas mileage is still great."