2003 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 332 Ratings for the 1999 - 2005 models.

Fabulous Car

By on Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pros: "Terrific value"

"I love this car. It has a smooth ride and I have not had one bit of trouble out of it. Even though it's an older car, I am so proud of the design because I think it's the prettiest car on the road. It has every option that was available at that time. It is dependable in every way. The only issue I've had is a flat tire."

THEE best vehicle I have owned

By on Thursday, December 24, 2009

"I bought this car new and drive it daily to work (160 mile round trip). Change oil every 6,000 to 7,500 miles. First spark plugs, first timing belt, first serpentine belt, first new hoses, water pump all replaced at 215,000 miles. At 260,00 miles it still drives like the day I bought it. Still on original rotors (turned three times, original shocks, all electronics still perfect, never a drop of fluid on my garage floor. Never been waxed and finish is still excellent. Cloth upholstery is perfect (even the driver's seat which gets 3 1/2 hours of wear every work day). The only single thing I can say I don't like is the static build up on the cloth material...it zaps you everytime you get out of the car. I have been blessed with this vehicle and I'm going for another 260,000 miles. If this car ever wears out I'm going to find another 2004 to 2005 with low miles to replace it...I'll make sure to get the (non-static) leather interior LX model though."

great value

By on Sunday, July 20, 2008

"just hit 160,000 and overall very happy with this car. other than window regulators, lock actuator and a coil pack on the engine its been very reliable. changed the starter and basic maintenace. still gets 24 mpg and has original timing chain. would buy again and v6 motor has great power."

It is the best car!

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

"I am the fourth owner of a 2002 sonata. It is a wonderful vehicle. I have never found any critical malfunctions. After the purchase, I only repaired a power window regulator of the right front door. No leaks on any valve and pipes! Even though it is aged, driving noise in high speed over 70 mph is calm. Air conditioning is also fantastic! A/C is really important in summer in Texas. The flow of air is strong, making the inside cooled very quickly. Good performance!"

Absolutely LOVE this car

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Fabulous to drive. Quality cannot be beat!"

Cons: "Paint on outside handles came off."

"Have owned this car since October, 2002. The car is extremely quiet. Just drove a new 2012 Chevrolet and all I heard was the engine--nothing quiet like my Hyundai Sonata. I bought the V6 new with the works and have enjoyed it tremendously. My gas mileage on a trip was 33 mpg. Cannot beat that! Extremely reliable and a dream to drive. Plan on keeping it for another 100,000 miles. The leather still looks great in the car, the stereo still sounds great, sunroof has given me no problem, and all the extras have given me a lot of pleasure. We were so happy with this car we bought my son a new Sonata in 2010 and now my daughter a Sonata in 2012. The only other car I have owned that I truly loved was my 1961 Corvette which I bought in 1961. The only one thing wrong with this car is that the handles paint came off especially on the passengers side which was rarely used. Cannot justify asking my husband for a new car when it still drives like the day I bought it, almost 10 years ago. I would recommend this car to anyone!"