2002 Hyundai Sonata

Based on 332 Ratings for the 1999 - 2005 models.

good car

By on Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Only 4 minor cons: a bit noisy on road trips; seats could be a bit more padded for long trips; console between seats too short to rest arm on; radio/stereo unit of poor audio quality. I would buy this make and model again. Have owned it for 4 years and it is still performing well. Miles from 2x yearly road trips and local city driving . Excellent acceleration from 0-30 for entering freeway and highway traffic. Very maneuverable. Roomy front seats and leg room. Large trunk. Often mistaken for a Black Mercedes."

Love my car

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "Smooth driving even after 7 yesrs"

Cons: "Wheel Barron's go bad quickly"

"My mother owned this car brand new for 6 years and myself for 1 we both love this car still to this day.... She said it never compared to any vehicle as has ever owns.... She used to trade in every 2 years but not this one .... And one day she gave it to me as a gift .... I love this car... Yes I've started to have a couple electrical problems recently and the wheel Barron's are needing to be replaced frequently but other than that I could be happier and will hold on to this car for as long as I possibly can!"

Great hand-me-down that hasn't disappointed

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "All around decent car, reliable, somewhat quick"

Cons: "Feels cheap (even for Hyundai)"

"My family purchased this car a few years back as a family car, cheaper on gas than our trucks/SUVs. At the time, we did not know, but the car had been given to the dealership from a rental car company. That being said, sitting around 120k miles, this car has not had a single major issue come up. When we took it in to get a full service done at a Hyundai dealership a few months back, the tech looks at us and says, "Wow, this is one of the cleanest, most well kept cars of this model I have ever seen before in my life." So maybe it's because we have taken care of it, and those before us, but this car is, as I see it, entirely as reliable as one could expect a car to be. I push it a little bit with my "aggressive" driving, and even with that, it's not having issues. The quality of the car, as far as components and whatnot go, is a little disappointing. For a 2.7l V6, you would expect more power from than there is. The steering is great but it definitely floats a bit, which I personally like. The interior, though, looks extremely cheap and just doesn't flow very well. However, it is extremely roomy and the trunk is pretty large for a vehicle that is as lightweight and feels, driving wise, as small as this one is. Inside, it feels bigger than it is. Driving this car is extremely comfortable for me, being a male standing 5'10 weighing 190. The back headroom is a little cramped but overall, nothing to complain about. The real downside here is that, compared to competition, sometimes it is hard to justify this car. It stands at a weird niche in the market that just really hurts it. Plus only having a 4 speed auto REALLY isn't helping it any."

great car for a great price!

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

"I love this car... I bought it new in 2004 have over 100,000 and have never had an issue!"

love the car

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pros: "low maintenace and havent had any major repairs!"

Cons: "leg room in the back can get cramped when travelin"

"I've had my car since 2000 and I amjust now looking to buy a new car I,ve never had to replace anything major on it bedsides tires and a battery. Since my car just hit 200,000 miles I will be car shopping for a new sonata!"