2007 Hyundai Santa Fe

Based on 577 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Satisfied Customer

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"Purchased this car January, 2007 and have driven it 12,500 miles. I have the 3.3 L V6 and AWD and get 26mpg all highway and 17-18 mpg in suburban driving. I didn't need the 3rd row seat option, and the extra storage well is a plus w/o it. I have had no problems except for paint adhesion problems on the front bumper. This was corrected by dealer under the warranty. The styling is suberb with a German flair. Looks like a VW Taureg. No mechanical problems yet. It is comfortable to drive, very quiet with no wind noise and very roomy. The absence of an automatic dome light in the front is a nuisance when opening the doors. Fit and finish is excellent. A great value and much better than Ford Escape, Toyoto CRV or Honda Pilot"

Lemon

By on Tuesday, March 4, 2008

"I liked the Hyundai Santa Fe for the most part, but the second day after i bought it the turn signal stopped working. This problem continued as long as the law required for Hyundai to replace or buy back. Hyundai did all they could to fix the problem, but the car was just a lemon. frankly in the four months i owned it, the dealership was working on it for 31 days spread out over three months."

Disappointing

By on Saturday, August 25, 2007

"I traded in my 2004 Toyota Highlander Limited for the 2008 Limited edition Santa Fe. The price was definitely good although now I know you get what you pay for. The Hyundai, while a good vehicle lacks the sophistication and finish of the Toyota and this has become more apparent with time with the kind of things that are are not picked up during a test drive like excessive road noise, creaks and rattles, poor arm rest and steering wheel positioning and MPG. I have just been able to crack the 20 mpg point. I want my Toyota back and will be trading this vehicle very soon."

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "Great vehicle, still enjoy it after 5 years"

"My previous two vehicles were both BMWs. This car cost much less and is just a better value. The interior looks like it did 5.5 years ago. Maint. consist of a battery and a few oil changes. No rattles, everything works as it did when new. No rattles or squeaks. Tires are wearing perfectly even. Best of all I still have a warranty. I would keep this car forever, but I really want the new toys that come on the current models. I am planning to keep this vehicle in the family, too good to let go!"

Some problems

By on Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"In the time I have owned this Santa Fe, I have had to replace a brake sensor, throttle sensor and a battery. I didn't expect to have these problems in a car that I bought brand new, and with less than 23,000 miles on it now. There has also been a persistent buzzing coming from the cargo area, even after having been repaired. This was in a "service bulletin", so no recall was issued for it. It was recently back in the Hyundai dealer service shop, and it appears that the buzzing may have been due to something with the battery (not sure why...). After I replaced the battery, I don't notice it as much. The XM radio also seemed to be affected by the battery problem. It would intermittently not operate. The lights would come on, the display would show the channel, but I had no sound, and I couldn't change the channel. This seems to have cleared up with the new battery. Overall, the Santa Fe is nicely finished, rides pretty well (slightly nervous on bad roads), accommodates large quantities of cargo, especially when moving my son to college and back, and is a very pleasant vehicle in which to spend time traveling. I'm just unsure about whether I can depend on it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Santa Fe near Honolulu. See local deals