2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Consumer Reviews

in the last
90 days
within the U.S.
Transaction Data

This meter represents a sample range of recent transaction prices for vehicles of the same year, make and model as the vehicle specified, but sometimes with a different style and/or equipment. Analyzed transaction prices exclude taxes, DMV fees, documentation fees, other dealership charges and any available rebates or incentives.

10/8.9

8.3

Based on 13 Ratings for the 2017 - 2018 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Glad I waited for the Ioniq Plug in Hybrid

By on Monday, February 5, 2018

Pros: "Super Deal Great MPG and Full Electric Option"

Cons: "Head rests very uncomfortable too far forward"

"VW bought back my TDI 6 months ago and I was looking to replace it. I looked at every high MPG car on the market including the Teslas. Glad I waited for the Ioniq Plug in Hybrid. Bought the Ioniq Plug In Hybrid Limited with the Ultimate package last week one of the first ones to arrive in the US. Have put 2400 miles on it already. Car is getting 55MPG actual mileage from personal fuel logs. (sicker says 52) What a pleasure to drive. Honestly one of the best deals on the market. I love the option to go all electric. Hyundai says 29 miles on a fuel charge. When driving on battery power Im getting closer to 40 miles all electric. I was a little worried about performance since I live in the Rocky Mountains but it climbs steep grades with ease. Drove to Anaheim CA and back last weekend. Hotel I stayed at had a level 2 charger. Charged up the car overnight. Drove to downtown Los Angeles Saturday morning and found a ChargePoint station with front row parking to plug into while we went shopping came back to fully charged car. Drove back to Anaheim without using a drop of gas for the trip there and back. Car has a learning curve. So many features Im starting to figure out the best way to drive for different conditions. Having a blast doing it."

Good car

By on Monday, November 6, 2017

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, warranty"

Cons: "Inaccurate gas mileage"

"The interior quality is not what I expected. It is a kind of plastic that can be dented easily. It is roomy. Great sound system. The gas mileage is not quite as advertised. I tend to get the 58 mpg as I get closed to being empty and I do not drive aggressively. I have never used the sport function. I drive a lot of local/traffic roads. It will show 600+ miles range after fill up but when you get to empty you realized you never reach 600. the other issue is when you are getting out of the vehicle you leg have to hit the inside of the door and I am only 58."

Great Car and Fun to Drive!

By on Thursday, October 5, 2017

Pros: "Fun, fun and more fun to drive!"

Cons: "I havent really found anything that I didnt like"

Ceramic White Ioniq Limited

"After trading in a 2012 Prius on this car I have absolutely no regrets. I purchased the Ioniq Limited with the Ultimate Package. This car is loaded with bells and whistles. My Prius had a zillion rattles and squeaks in it, and there are absolutely none in the Ioniq after 5000 miles. Traveling from S.E. Virginia to Hazleton, Pa., the car averaged 58 mpg. going at highway speeds of 70 mph. on the Interstate. The ride was smooth and extremely comfortable. Road noise appears to be no more than any other car that I have owned. I particularly like the Navigation system, which is spot on, as well as the Infiniti Sound System with its 8 speakers including a sub-woofer. Leather seats and all kind of electronic gadgets including smart cruise control and Blue Link round out the package. I am on up in age and I have had lots of new cars, but I can honestly say that the Ioniq is absolutely, without doubt, the car that has been the most fun to drive by far."

Ceramic White Ioniq Limited

Excellent except for mileage claims

By on Sunday, December 10, 2017

Pros: "Safety features, styling, handling"

Cons: "Poor mileage."

"We opted for the fully equipped Limited model. Convenience and safety features are excellent. Styling and handling are very good. However, the most important reason we bought this car was for the mileage. We had 6 years driving a Honda Insight that got the published EPA mileage ratings or better from week 1. With about 6000 miles on the Ioniq, we have yet to come anywhere near their EPA claims. At best we have gotten 44MPG and we average about 38. We are recently retired so we are not a couple of hotrodding kids. Various dealers have said we need to break it in more or we dont know how to drive. After a 1400 mile trip to TX, we took it to a dealer there to check it out. They claimed it got 72MPG and I was too picky. It turned out they read the MPH readout rather than the MPG readout. (They were the hotrodders) They were unfamiliar with the instrument readouts but would not correct the service report when I called them back. If you are expecting the touted EPA ratings, this is not your best choice."

Best commuter car Ive ever owned 60+mpg

By on Wednesday, May 24, 2017

"I was skeptical of the mileage rating, but this car delivered. So far I get 600+ miles to the tank which is over 60 mpg. Its a beautiful looking car, the interior displays are well designed and I get all the info I want from them, It handles like a gem on the highway for my commute. I kick it into sport mode for some fun on the back roads and while Ive only had it a couple of months I am impressed with it so far. The sound system is real good I have no issues with it, it hooked up with my Android phone nicely and I can use all my phones functions from the large screen display. Overall I am very happy with my purchase."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next