2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Based on 35 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Not the Hyundai of 10 years ago

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Power, Handling, Comfort"

Cons: "Lack of LSD outside of R-Spec/Track editions, Fuel"

"The 2014 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0t is not a Hyundai of 10 years ago. Hyundai has stepped their game up with each generation of Genesis, with this generation (2013+) being the first which car enthusiasts can take seriously."

Best sports car I've ever owned for the money!

By on Sunday, June 26, 2016

Pros: "Fast, Fun, Handling."

Cons: "A little stiff for a big soft guy like me."

Love this car!

"I bought this car used about four months ago and it's awesome for the money I paid (about 16k). It had about 53k miles on the odometer and was in basically mint condition. I love this car. It's fast and luxury all wrapped up in one. I never owned a Hyundai before, but I'm sold on this brand now. Don't hesitate, buy this car!"

Love this car!

Very nice car. I traded Porsche Boxster for this.

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pros: "Options, Speed, Handling, Comfort, Appearance"

Cons: "Back seat and trunk not real large"

"I own 2013 Grand Touring. This is a fast and comfortable car. I love the navigation, exhaust note, speed, comfort and options. There is no way you can get a better appointed car for the price. I get a lot of looks and positive comments. Mine is Black Noir Pearl with a Brown leather interior. Nice car. I traded a Porsche Boxster in on this and have never regretted the decision. I would have spent double the price to get another Boxster with the same options. I can't wait for the next Generation coupe, I would buy it in a heartbeat!"

very fine car

By on Saturday, January 31, 2015

Pros: "great car for the price is really fast"

Cons: "very convenient"

"a little bit noisy, doors could be a little heavier doors has a hollow sound, miss the back video, the manufacturers have skimped out by not providing auto passenger seat controls"

Great But

By on Sunday, July 24, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, Great price, Fast"

Cons: "Stiff ride, premiun gas"

"I love my car a lot i bought it brand new, If you want a stiff ride fast and can easily cut through traffic , this is the car for you. But if you want little more luxury and don't want to have to put premium gas in your car then I would look else were."

what a great car!! people are missing out

By on Monday, April 13, 2015

Pros: "Great design, powerful engine, no mechanical issue"

Cons: "small trunk space"

"i have been driving Genesis coupe 3.8 grand touring for 3 years now (mine is 2013). I still get really impressed with its performance on freeways. The powerful engine and the sound is also very sexy. It really rocks. I also think that it's under valued and under estimated by people's perception. I think the price is really low for what you get. The real leather is really good quality, the engine is powerful, the drive is so smooth. For 3 years, I never had any problem. People at service are very helpful and friendly. When I went to Audi, Lexus, BMW the sales people there already looked down on this car. I asked if they tried or drove one. They don't know how great his car is and just say things from perception. Although we can't change what people have in their mind, I think once you drive this car, this car is definitely worth every single penny I spent."

Hyundai hit a home run here

By on Thursday, January 2, 2014

Pros: "Most car for the money anywhere!"

Cons: "Need sports car fine tuning"

After the dragon.

"This is the second generation of the Hyundai Genesis Coupe, which came out in 2010. When compared to the competition there is really not a lot of comparison. This car in the "bang for the buck" area wins hands down. You have to bust out and other ten grand to get the same car anywhere else. I have had this car for almost a year, and just love it. It is easy to do minor upgrades on. It drives wonderfully, like any Japanese or European car of similar class. No it is not a BMW M4 but then you didn't pay that price for it either. I have taken this car to a few club rally's and on long drives and even dirty it turns heads. To sum it all up. It looks great on the outside, feels great on the inside, runs like a beast and turns heads almost everywhere we go."

After the dragon.

the beast

By on Sunday, August 2, 2015

Pros: "fast and strong"

2013 genesis coupe

"I own this car in red exterior and my mileage is around 16,000. This car looks good outside and inside from wheels to the body. It has the power and speed to back it up. It's a beast of a car."

2013 genesis coupe

Solid low cost sports car.

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "Base Price, Fun level, Beautiful, Torque"

Cons: "Maintenance Cost, Plastic Interior Parts, Tires"

100mph Standing Still

"Purchased the vehicle brand new in Spring 2013 and have had it for 15 months. Don't want to let this car go but starting a family. Great handling and engine reliability. No issues whatsoever mechanically. It does have a turbo charger so top shelf parts and synthetic oils etc are a must. The base/stock purchase still has many bells and whistles including bluetooth and usb hookups for smartphones etc, pretty rims, dual exhaust. Almost all controls are on the steering wheel and it has a paddle shift option on the steering wheel as well with an option to go manual on the shifter. Well rounded safety with airbags everywhere. There is a small delay when applying throttle due to the turbo winding up, and there is a small turbo lag, but the care jumps up to speed when needed and the low center of gravity allows it to turn on a dime. Goes through tires every 30000 miles for the average motorist. If you drive it hard you get around 20 miles to the gallon and if you are light on the throttle you'll get close to 30 miles to the gallon. Fantastic car and turns heads as well. Priced fairly in the mid 20k range for brand new. This car won't break the bank, and if someone in a Ferrari pulls up next to you at a red light, they will do a double take."

100mph Standing Still

Actually better than expected

By on Friday, February 19, 2016

Pros: "Fast for 3.8 --great handling vehicle-"

Cons: "noisy tyres on cetain pavement"

"There was actually one problem I noticed about this vehicle, the window sticker stated 24mpg hwy and I actually get closer to 27mpg at 75mph. Even my city mpg is higher than the 19mpg shown. I just wish I could get traffic information on my GPS."

great car marred by terrible turbo rattle noises

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "everything minus Hyundai lack of corective action"

Cons: "really annoying rattle"

"such a shame hyundai continues to ignore the rattle in the waste gate issues, it makes their flagship sports car sound like an old k-car running on no oil"

Car is invery good condition and gets up to 31MPG

By on Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "See above"

"This Gensis coupe only has just over 2000 miles, driven in summer only.Has Gray cloth interior, Black finish that is 10 miles deep.Car is a turbo 4 cylinder and has a 8 speed automatic. The only thing that does not look brand new is minor scratch on passanger front corner,even has black paint still on it, and the passanger front wheel has a scrape on it that is about 2" long right on the edge, otherwise it looks better than when it came from the factory.I gave the car a 9 in Design: interior & exterior due to what is listed above We live in Omaha NE."

Good car for the price

By on Saturday, July 18, 2015

Cons: "back seat really too small for adults"

"Had a gravel drive on a hill - not an off-roading car for sure always had trouble getting up this hill"

In love with this car

By on Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Looks brand new after a few dusty days of driving!

"Having bought this car in almost-new condition, I am a proud owner and love every single second driving my car. We had a very very small "winter storm" last week and, even though I am perfectly capable of driving rear wheel drive in the ice, I did not trust other "southern" north Carolina drivers. So, literally my ONLY dislike of this vehicle is the fact that it is rear wheel drive and for two days I had to drive my boyfriend's front wheel drive to work. That's my only "complaint". Clearly, this car is amazing. Smooth ride and very responsive control, especially with the shiftronic paddle shifters. Comfortable leather seats that can sit very low and heated seats that warm up quickly. The blue link system is also great to have, including a remote start system and stolen vehicle notifications from your smartphone. Quality leather and dash that are easy to take care of, convenient fold seats that make car seats a breeze, and more trunk space than is expected. My air fresheners also keep well in the car! Brembo brakes and HID headlamps are a must on this vehicle and it will be hard to live without them whenever I get a second vehicle."

Looks brand new after a few dusty days of driving!

My dream car

By on Saturday, August 29, 2015

Pros: "100 % pros"

Cons: "No cons"

"I finally got to literally buy my dream car and I love every inch of it. It drives like a charm. Then we moved to the mountains and it probably would be ok in the snow but I won't put my baby out there. I let her rest in the garage. But once the snow thaws, she is on the road again, taking those curves like no other. Oh yeh, and my husband has to ask permission to driver her. Yep, she is my baby and she loves to go fast. Love love love this car."

This car is the best kept secret around.

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "price/value ratio is great"

Cons: "Blue Link, remote start, on-board Map are poor!"

"The 2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0T (274hp/automatic) is dynamic when you put your foot down. Rides flat on the corners and pushes you back in the seat from the git-go. I can ride on the Interstate all day at 80mph and still get 28 mpg."

Fantastic Sport coupe

By on Sunday, January 10, 2016

Pros: "fast, reliable, unique, comfortable, affordable"

Cons: "ESC, some exterior styling"

"What many reviewers fail to understand is this is not an inline or boxer 4 cylinder, nor is it a V8. This is a v6 coupe that dominates all other v6 coupes under $30k. I think just because this is a Hyundai, reviewers who don't give this car justice have a hard time finding a category to place this car in because it is that unique. For a sub $34k car, the interior is top notch. Materials feel comfy and of quality any where you look. The leather steering wheel is greatly appreciated, and cloth or leather, the seats will keep you gripped comfortably around tight corners. The arm rests are plush and soft to the touch making them comfortable for longer cruises. Visibility is above average for a sports coupe. The rear view mirror comes standard with dimming now, so that makes a big difference at night with headlights coming at you from behind. The exterior styling is great except for one small catch that many either hate or love, and its those fake heat extractors on the hood. If there was just one thing I could fix it would be that. The genesis coupe's front appearance is bold and unique, but it also seems like most love it or hate it. Now for the fun parts. The heart of car pulls strong. Torque comes on fast and hard being NA. Power seams to diminish a little early around the 6000rpm mark on the 8 speed. Speaking of, don't knock the 8spd on this car. Enthusiasts always judge a man based on the number of pedals in the car, but for a car you maybe want to track once in a while and the rest of the time it is your DD, the auto is quick to respond (especially in sport mode) and the automatic rev matching for downshifts is a nice touch for those who aren't the best at it. For the manual at least, the transmission has been beefed up a bit to make up for its last iteration. The rumble in this car from the exhaust is a nice low tone and doesn't wear on the nerves at high speeds on the free way. On that note, there is quite a bit of cabin noise, but trade offs... Either you want a nice quiet ride, or you want to hear this thing sing when you run it out to the red line. One final flaw that isn't a big deal unless you are trying to drift this thing is the ESC is very intrusive, even when disabled. It will cut power to those wheels like no one's business. In summary, this is one fantastic car and if you are looking to get into an affordable, top-notch sports coupe that returns great MPGs, this needs to be on your list of test drives."

2013 Genesis coupe 2.0T premium

By on Sunday, July 7, 2013

Pros: "rear wheel drive coupe"

Cons: "Hyundai refuses to fix the rattling turbo"

"My 2013 2.0T premium has a horrible rattle coming from the turbo waste. Hyundai refuses to fix mine or anyone else's saying its normal. Trust me when you hear the loose washers on a bolt sound coming from our cars you wouldn't like it either. Its awful! Wouldn't recommend this car to anyone since Hyundai refuses to fix them. It cost way to much money to own a car you are embarrassed to start around people."

Best Car(s) I've Ever Owned!!

By on Friday, January 27, 2017

Pros: "Fun to Drive; Affordable Luxury"

"I currently own the 2014 3.8 Ultimate after having traded in my 2010 3.8 Track. Yes, I loved this car so much I bought exactly the same vehicle! This car is stylish. It is fast. It is comfortable. It truly is the best car I've ever owned. Both my vehicles were manual transmissions - very hard to come by in either the Track version or the Ultimates. The "creature comforts" are terrific. Everything is easy to reach/operate. The trunk is quite large, however, the opening is small so it is hard to fit anything substantial in there - I almost wish this was a hatch instead of a trunk. Visibility is very good, though I wish there were a wiper for the back window. This car handles very good. I have not had a mechanical issue with either vehicle, extremely reliable. I get asked about my car all the time because it really does turn heads."

Best car I've owned

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Price, power, bells and whistles"

Cons: "Understeers, no backup camera on 2013 model"

"Shopped around for sports car and this one has most options and HP for the money."

Very upscale vehicle for the $$$

By on Monday, June 22, 2015

Pros: "Excellent performance, phenomenal price point"

Cons: "Gas mileage (but I drive it like the beast it is!)"

"I own this car, and was blown away with the performance. It has more horsepower than the others in it's class...Lexus touts 328 horses, and the V6 Camaro puts out 323 horsepower. Camry’s and Accords put out 268 and 278 respectively. You can really feel the 348 horses of the Genesis. Besides that, the most common question I get is "What kind of car is that?"...because it has the looks and styling of an expensive European sports car. I love this car, and celebrate the day I made the purchase!"

Dont buy the turbo!

By on Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Pros: "love rear wheel drive coupes"

Cons: "Hyundai wont fix turbo problems"

"My 2013 2.0T premium has a horrible rattle coming from the turbo waste. Hyundai refuses to fix mine or anyone else's saying its normal. Trust me when you hear the loose washers on a bolt sound coming from our cars you wouldn't like it either. Its awful! Wouldn't recommend this car to anyone since Hyundai refuses to fix them. It cost way to much money to own a car you are embarrassed to start around people. The interior gages scratch if you breath on them to hard. The exterior paint chips if a rock gets close to it."

Best car ever owned. Faster than you think...

By on Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Pros: "Price and all that you get with that price"

Cons: "back seat best for kids."

side view

"2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0t Premium in Parabolica Blue Metallic Just a awesome car to drive. No issues at all. Dealer has been great. Fun car to drive."

side view

Love it

By on Saturday, November 14, 2015

Pros: "Power, price, interior lights, fun to drive"

Me and my toy

"I have the Grand Touring 3.8 V6 and I love this car. Honestly, i never thought I will ever drive a Hyundai, but here I am. The road and this car were made for each other. I have enough power and more to get out of any bad situation and enjoy controlling the road. I dictate the rules. The interior is beautiful and the computer with its navegation system makes it even better. Driving at night the cabin feels like I am in some kind of sophisticated aircraft. The best part is the price I paid for this wonderful toy."

Me and my toy

Poor interior quality

By on Friday, May 1, 2015

Pros: "Surprisingly powerful. Fun to slide around in."

Cons: "Quality of materials. Body pannel fitment."

"The interior has a lot of plastic components that don't fit *quite* right. The fauz leather on the shift knob as already begun to show signs of wear, as has the stitching on the steering wheel. The rear window is also too low for anybody larger than a petite pre-teen to sit in the back seat comfortably. The hood and trunk also don't sit *quite* flush with their surrounding body panels. The fake hood vents and large amounts of black plastic in the front aren't very good looking either. Overall, it has the appearance of a cheap Korean knock-off of an actual sports car, which ... it kind of is. It's all made up for with the power and handling though. Haven't had any reliability issues with anything mechanical yet, but it's still practically new, so that is yet to be seen. The lack of quality in the interior makes me wonder where else the designers might have cut corners."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Genesis Coupe near Honolulu. See local deals