ZIP code

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

8.4

Based on 24 Ratings for the 2010 - 2012 models.

GREAT PERFORMANCE BANG FOR THE BUCK

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

"Hyundai really knocked it out of the park with the Genesis 3.8 GT Coupe. Huge performace, great reliability, gorgeous styling. Low points: hard plastic interior pieces (to save $), some rattles developing even tho car has just 26K miles, harsh ride (even for a sporty coupe). Overall, this car is a performance bargain!"

Greatest car ever!

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Cons: "Can't think of a single one"

"This is the fourth Hyundai I have bought and I have never had a car I liked more than this one."

Super fun, classy ride

By on Friday, July 5, 2013

Pros: "Super fun to drive, beautiful vehicle"

"Great fun to drive, handles like a dream, comparable to mid priced sports cars. This has been one of favorite cars over the past 30 years. The Hyundai dealership has been very professional, truly appreciated. I highly recommend this moderately priced vehicle to anyone who wants to drive a sharp looking car that handles great. Fun, fun, fun"

One of the best, most fun cars I've owned

By on Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Pros: "Awesome acceleration, fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "Track suspension is stiff, OK gas mileage"

"This is a real car. It is not some sheep in wolf's clothing. There is wolf inside. My Genesis moves, very quickly, and without much effort. If you want to burn rubber, you can. If you just want to go to the grocery store, you can. If you want to drive long distances, you can. In short, it is a car for most drivers. Now, it is not the most comfortable car but not everyone wants a Buick. You can't carry a lot of stuff in it but not everyone wants an SUV. You can only carry 2 adults comfortably, but not everyone wants a mini-van, and my 75 pound dogs have never complained. The styling, inside and out, is beautiful. Lots of smooth, flowing lines. Lots of tech inside. Good visibility. And people do see you. For the money, this is a very good sports car. Take it on the road, take it to the track, just drive it. You'll love it."

2010 Genesis 3.8 coupe Track

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Interior quality"

"Have this car for 4 years. Not a single problem, Smooth pick up, lots n lots of power. The twin exhust makes a nice throtty and raspy noise, gives you a hint that there is a big V6 under the hood. One thing you should consider, if you live in a state where roads are not good, forget about this car. the ride is stiff & hard what you expect from a sports car. Regular maintance is not that expenside but If you have the Track or R-spec package you are gonna spend some big bucks on tires. Each tires cost you around $250 to $300. Other than that its an awesome car to have."

Genesis Coupe

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

"I love this car! Daily driver and no problems. Handles like a dream. I just wish that I would have gotten the bigger engine. Regaurdless, this little car can get up and go!"

My Dream Car

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "Style, Driving Dynamics, Horsepower, RWD, Price"

Cons: "Gas mileage, Winter Weather"

"It has been the best car i have ever owned, sure it has some build issues but the value for what you get are amazing i would never get rid of it for the world. Not much of a winter car i might add though It has its cons but it is one of the best cars you can buy for the money, and hyundai always has awesome value, and the best warranty, along with Kia. Looking for a great sports car dont forget to look at the awesome Genesis Coupe."

Genesis coupe better car, had an Acura RSX type S

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "beautiful , powerful, quick"

Cons: "low trade in due to Hyndai poor press by history."

"The Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track is under rated due to a poor history for Hyndai. This car is beautiful, agile and crisp to drive. Excellent warranty. 50K miles so far and no complaints other than low trade in option due to poor press. That is the only reason I put a 8/10 for value. Soon people will see this is a great car and line, Genesis."

Poor man's sportscar

By on Monday, September 2, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive; great sound system"

Cons: "Clutch/shifting problem"

"I own the Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track and I like the overall performance so far. The only drawback for me is the suspension system, which gives a rough ride when driving on poor road conditions. They need to fix the glitch with the traction control system which sometimes comes on upon starting the engine. The traction control light comes on and you can only turn it off when you restart your car. If you try to drive off in that condition, the transmission jolts and somewhat misengages and the only way to prevent it from damaging your transmission is to return it to "park" and then restart the car. I thinnk Hyundai should look into this and so far i was told in the dealership that they could not detect this problem with their diagnostic tools."

So much fun!

By on Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Pros: "great price, performance, great looking"

Cons: "drivers side vent blocked by steering wheel"

"Had a 2010 2.0 auto and loved it but totaled it after 34k miles. loved it so much I wanted the same car! only pre-2013 coupe I could find was this 2012 2.0 r-spec. probably the most fun car to drive I've ever owned. the ONLY problem I had with it was the cd player stopped working and the stereo unit would vibrate. got it replaced though. I need to sell though since my commute is 110 miles/day in LA and the stick is killing me. stop and go. highly recommend this car!"

great car has 100000 still runs good & color rd sh

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Pros: "fast engine handles well"

Cons: "not good over bumps tight stering"

"this car best I ever own sports car and luxury all roll up into one runs great has a lot of power has cold filter intake sounds better the turbo 19" black alloyed wheels with Pirellis tires and a popping warm red look that makes it really stand out in the crowd . its an eye catcher al the way down the rd. it goes looking all that ."

FUN to drive, but...

By on Monday, May 5, 2014

Pros: "FUN to drive, speedy!"

Cons: "Can't carry much or go too far on a tank of gas!"

"This is a terrific little car for zipping around. Handles well, accelerates well, comfy seating, decent sound. Makes me smile when I see it in the driveway or parking lot. HOWEVER ... practical, it's not. The trunk is tiny. The back seats aren't meant for human beings. While the back seats do fold down, there's a huge metal barrier between the seats and the trunk, with only a small pass-through type opening that's useable for larger items. Don't think you can buy out a store and get it home in this car! Gas mileage is atrocious. I get only 15mpg in in-town driving."

This car turns heads at every redlight!

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "Blast to drive!"

"Great looking, great performance, and a lot of fun to drive! Hard to believe I was considering a Camaro! The exterior of the 2010 model looks better than the 2013/14 model. Awesome little car!"

Love it!!!!

By on Monday, December 1, 2014

Pros: "love it"

Cons: "No"

"Love, Love, love this vehicle. I owned Honda Cars all my life. But with the Honda you paid for every stinking accessory you want added. With hyundai this car came fully loaded except the premium wheels we added. Can't beat the warranty on hyundai from bumper to bumper. Great sports car. Not a family car. If you are thinking of getting one, get it, you won't be disappointed."

Great Purchase!

By on Saturday, September 17, 2016

Pros: "Performance, fun to drive, great looks"

Cons: "Rear seat legroom"

"Great, reliable sports car. Used as a daily commuter, I have been very happy with the quality, performance, and gas mileage. Interior is a basic sports car. Cockpit is nothing fancy but it provides all the info I need and everything is within reach. It's basically a two-seater though; rear legroom is almost non-existent. If I ever replace it I would buy used again as I think that is where the best value lies. Have recommended the Genesis Coupe to others and will continue to do so."

Great value sports coupe -- but corners cut

By on Friday, May 1, 2015

Pros: "value, fun to drive, performance, mpg"

Cons: "cheap interior, bad paint"

"The Hyundai Genesis Coupe is a great bang for the buck sports coupe. The performance and handling are really good for the price - you'll pay $10K more to get the kind of stats that this little car gets from other models. However, when you've owned one for a while like I have - you start to poke and prod. Then you see the little problems that add up over time - the corners Hyundai cut to get that retail price down. Most notable - as others have said - is the exterior paint quality. You'll take a pebble strike, it'll make a nick, and the paint will start peeling in quite noticeable amounts. Sometime it just randomly peels in places. I had the hood repainted because of that problem and now the left-front fender is peeling pretty badly and I just don't feel like spending the money. If I keep it I will eventually have to get it completely re-painted with quality paint, sealant, clear coat - that's a $2000 job if it's a dime. Other parts of the interior and exterior are plasticky and little things will start wearing, surprisingly soon. I guess you can't have something for nothing and if you want a sports coupe that looks like it cost $38K, you need to actually pay 38K."

Horrible gas mileage. 13/24/17 MPG city/hwy/comb

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "Nice looking, fun to drive"

Cons: "Horrible gas mileage, poor quality, poor service."

"I started driving the car 2 months ago (previous driven by my daughter) mostly in the city. Quickly, I've noticed no more than 210 miles range on a full tank of gas. After checking the average millage, I've got 13.1 MPG in the city. Went to the dealership twice (second after checking with Hyundai America) and got "everything is in the normal range" (after testing it for 7 miles!!!!). Next step is to get a Hyundai's technician for a 100 miles driving test. Overall, very disappointed with the car's performance and quality. Not even the V6 version will not accept this MPG. I will not buy it again neither recommend it."

Love this car!

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "road handling, responsiveness, seat comfort"

Cons: "safety belt could be placed a bit lower."

"I bought this car in 2012. Loved it ever since. Most comfortable seating in a sports car. Handles the road amazingly well. Very responsive. Did not have any trouble even though has amazing dealer warranty."

Great car. Wife loves it.

By on Saturday, December 6, 2014

Pros: "Great value. Fun to drive."

Cons: "Gas mileage is OK."

"Excellent car. Hyundai cars are excellent. I have two."

A disapointment

By on Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pros: "pretty to look at"

Cons: "too many to list"

"I had to have this car and Ive been pretty disapointed. The a/c vents to start situated to where you cannot feel the air. There has been a constant rattle in the cabin in which the dealer supposedly took care of. Its maddening. When I get gas,every time.... every time,the pump stops and the attendant has to constantly readjust the nozzle. One time I had an attendant insist my tank was full when I knew full well it wasnt. I left with half a tank. Lastly and most importantly, my drivers side wheel tore away from the wheel and flew across the highway in front of my eyes and Im lucky to be alive, this should of been first on the list but I am going by a time line. Now,my heater core is going and every couple of days I have about five inches of water in the back floor. There a couple of design flaws but not life threatening. Its a 2010 and I have had it for just over one year. Ill never buy a car that relativley new on the market."

get the mustang so much better

By on Sunday, September 1, 2013

Reason: got a mustang

Pros: "looks"

Cons: "everything els"

"i love the looks but almost everything els awful i got a mustang"

Excellent car

By on Monday, May 5, 2014

"Excellent car, cool, nice line, and fast. Can not ask for any more."

A thrill to drive

By on Thursday, March 6, 2014

Pros: "Drives like a cheetah"

Cons: "track suspension can be tiring on NY roads (bumps"

"The Genesis Coupe gives you all the thrill of driving a sport car for a lot less money. It has everything you want, done well, and nothing you don't need. Performance, great sound and a head-turning design."

Awesome car!

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "fun, affordable, great looking"

Cons: "fuel economy, minor annoying issues"

"This has been the most fun car to drive! It's fast, it hugs the road like a high end sports car for half the price. The pozzy rear spins the tires on a dime. Only down side to this car is the MPGs. Only got about 16 on a good week of local driving."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Genesis Coupe near Honolulu. See local deals