2016 Hyundai Equus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $53,695 - $58,621.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 08/24/2017

10/7.1

9.3

Based on 49 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Best deal on a luxury car - bar none

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "Drive, seating, luxury features"

Cons: "No active passenger seat, AWD"

"Debated on BMW 7 series and Audi A8. I through out the Lexus almost immediately - did not like the seating. The BMW and Audi have some fantastic features not found on the Equus but they were nearly 50% more. The Equus is incredibly comfortable, loaded with features, extremely powerful engine, and more."

Simply the nicest car I have ever owned

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "Quality,features, value, poweful engine"

Cons: "No softclose doors, no massage in front passenger"

"I have owned Audis, BMWs and several other brands. I intended to buy an Audi A8 or BMW 7, but the Hyundai value was simply too good to pass. Yes there are some features on the other cars that I wanted but they were not worth $40K more. The car is very comfortable and wonderful to drive. It has a powerful engine and drives so smoothly. Over the past three years, I have become a huge fan of Hyundai but would never have considered a luxury car. I have bought two Sonats's for my children and they are exceptional. That experience led to me considering the Equus. It is the best buying decision I have ever made on a car."

Excellent Value!

By on Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pros: "Outstanding ride, unbelievable sound system"

Cons: "Minor sunroof leak and floor vents not working."

"Purchased a 2011 Black on Black Ultimate and absolutely love this vehicle. Tremendous ride, high quality fit and finish and just a solid car all the way around. Not a big fan of the Hyundai dealership experience, and I think they need to step it up a notch if they are going to be successful in this market. I love to drive this car, it is hard to believe how quiet it is when driving! The ride is silky smooth and when in sport mode there is good feel to the road. The comfort of the seats has to be the best i have ever had (Lexus, Acura Jaguar, Lincoln previously). It was very easy to set up my phone for bluetooth and the overall controls are very easy to use. Nav system seems to work very well. I think the car looks great on the exterior and I have had a number of people ask me about the car at different places - it is a great vehicle! The only wo issues so far has been a leak in the sunroof and the air vents for the floor were not working. In the shop now getting fixed. We will see if this car wil hold up over time."

More bang for the buck

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "The list is too long to fit in the space provided"

"I traded a 2011 BMW 535i for the Ultimate.I was in the dealership to help a daughter trade for a Sonata and walked out with both the Sonata and the EQUUS.The salesman let me take a test drive while waiting on the paperwork to be completed on my daughter's new Sonata. It made the BMW, which I thought was a great car,seem very over priced. I have had the EQUUS now for a month and have no regrets.It is smooth, quiet and powerful. One could not ask for more in a luxury car. It has features only to be found in cars in the $75,000 and up price range."

Best car value regardless of price

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pros: "Extremely comfortable and quiet. Fine details."

Cons: "Hyundai emblem on deck lid. Color choices."

"I am a retired new and used car dealer with about 40 years in the business. I bought this car for my wife. She only drives about 10,000 miles a year so we keep her cars until they are about 10 years old. Her past cars were a Mercedes 420SEL that was a great car that loved to visit the Mercedes dealership ($$). She has then had two different Infiniti Q45's. The first one a gen 2 was a really great car. The generation 3 looked great was a good car; but, had lots of road noise. In late summer of 2012 we test drove a new Equus but wanted to wait for a 2013. During the wait we found out that the 2014 was going to recieve a mid-model refresh; so, we waited. We took delivery of a black Signature 2014 on August 16th, 2013. The car in my opinion is much improved over the earlier models. The things that I didn't like on the 2012 I drove have been corrected. The interior is much nicer. Also, the dash has a much higher quality look and the feel of the swithes etc. is much better. Also, the suspension feels much better. The new turbine wheels in my opinion add a lot to the looks of the car also. The car drives wonderful.. It is the quietest car we have ever owned and when at idle you can't tell if the engine is running or not. The car drives well at any speed. The ride is excellent. The car has way to much stuff on it for my wife and I; but, that is the only way it comes. The short comings are: The Hyundai badge on the deck lid. Get rid of it.. I did. They have a proper Equus badge in their available from their parts department. $13 on E-bay. Apparanty in some countries they put this badge on at the factory.. You don't see a Lexus with a Toyota badge, or an Infiniti with a Nissan badge, or an Acura with a Honda badge. Also there are very limited choices available as to the exterior or interior colors available. The available white interior looks nice now; but, how will it look in a couple of years. The brown interior is hideous so that pretty well only leaves the black interior. (It is actually a very pretty dark grey).. We wanted a Pearl White car but because Pearl White was only available with the Ivory (white) interior or the hideous brown interior; we got a metallic black car. The fit and finish on this car is first class. You can really tell the quality of a car by looking at the door jambs and trunk areas. This is where cheap cars really look cheap. The car will take a little getting use to. The Q45 we traded in was a 2003 model but it was light years behind the sophistication of this car. The radio is fabulous. The reclining rear seats with all that legroom will blow your guest away. There is so much about this car I like that I could go on and on. The 10 year 100,000 warranty is nice. We paid an additional fee to make this warranty a zero deductible 10 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. A friend of mine just sold his Nissan Dealership. I told him he ought to look at getting a Hyundai Dealership. He told me that he had a friend with a Hyundai Dealership. His friend told him that the drawback to having a Hyundai Dealership was that they didn't have very much service business. The cars rarely broke. Service is what pays the overhead. My brother who lives in Florida has a wife and two children. They all drive Hyundais."