2016 Hyundai Equus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $55,250 - $59,383.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 03/02/2017

10/7.1

9.4

Based on 47 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

9.7/10

excellent and beautiful

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "great driver best looker super comfortable"

Cons: "better customer care from dealer needed"

"handsomest of the luxury cars.quiet, fast, comfortable tracks hands off on level roads!S550 has edge in quality feel but those chrome vents and other trim are overdone!also lowest price for Merc is 104,000 plus Equus has better power train and bumper to bumper warranty! Much better Value than all overpriced luxury cars Only fault, Hyundai should set aside Equus and Genesis models for more customer distinction and TLC as Toyota did with Lexus!"

Awesome power, comfort, value

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Pros: "Power, class, comfort, looks, reliability"

Cons: "Awkward controls for nav should be touch screen"

"This is probably the best car I've ever owned and I've owned many. The reliability has been awesome and at 54000 miles, I haven't even put on new brakes. Quiet, comfortable, great sound system. I average 19-20 around town and 26 on trips. Pretty good considering the 429 HP blows most cars away off the line. And that's one of my favorite things."

You cannot miss for the money.

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Pros: "Best value in luxury cars hands down."

Cons: "Gas mileage is not great"

"I have the Ultimate edition, which has everything possible in options that I've thought of. I'm still figuring out what the car does. For example you can raise it up with one touch of a button, to park where there is a high curb, thus not scratching the underside of the front fender. Gas mileage...not so great, but if you are buying a land yacht you should already be aware of this. Still, it takes standard (non-premium) unleaded. I sold my Mercedes S 500 4matic and bought this. I'm glad I did. The cars offer the same features (this one has more) and perform similarly for my local driving conditions. But repairs on my Merc. were a deal breaker from future purchases. The warranty is outstanding, services are free and the dealer comes to my office with a free loaner and brings it back washed and cleaned. You will likely not find another product anywhere near the price that offers the same level of price and service as the Equus. If the badge bothers you, then you can buy a replacement "Winged" emblem (standard for the Korean models I think) online for about $15 and replace it so you won't have to see the H in the circle and be self conscious. Presuming you care about that. Otherwise the car is the poster child for smart buying. BTW, they are changing the model and marquis for 2017 so give it a month or two and these will be going very cheaply. I'm telling you, you can't miss with this one."

Best deal on a luxury car - bar none

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "Drive, seating, luxury features"

Cons: "No active passenger seat, AWD"

"Debated on BMW 7 series and Audi A8. I through out the Lexus almost immediately - did not like the seating. The BMW and Audi have some fantastic features not found on the Equus but they were nearly 50% more. The Equus is incredibly comfortable, loaded with features, extremely powerful engine, and more."

Simply the nicest car I have ever owned

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "Quality,features, value, poweful engine"

Cons: "No softclose doors, no massage in front passenger"

"I have owned Audis, BMWs and several other brands. I intended to buy an Audi A8 or BMW 7, but the Hyundai value was simply too good to pass. Yes there are some features on the other cars that I wanted but they were not worth $40K more. The car is very comfortable and wonderful to drive. It has a powerful engine and drives so smoothly. Over the past three years, I have become a huge fan of Hyundai but would never have considered a luxury car. I have bought two Sonats's for my children and they are exceptional. That experience led to me considering the Equus. It is the best buying decision I have ever made on a car."