2014 Hyundai Equus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $52,627 - $55,570.

10/7.3

9.4

Based on 43 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

9.7/10

Best deal on a luxury car - bar none

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "Drive, seating, luxury features"

Cons: "No active passenger seat, AWD"

"Debated on BMW 7 series and Audi A8. I through out the Lexus almost immediately - did not like the seating. The BMW and Audi have some fantastic features not found on the Equus but they were nearly 50% more. The Equus is incredibly comfortable, loaded with features, extremely powerful engine, and more."

Best car value regardless of price

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pros: "Extremely comfortable and quiet. Fine details."

Cons: "Hyundai emblem on deck lid. Color choices."

"I am a retired new and used car dealer with about 40 years in the business. I bought this car for my wife. She only drives about 10,000 miles a year so we keep her cars until they are about 10 years old. Her past cars were a Mercedes 420SEL that was a great car that loved to visit the Mercedes dealership ($$). She has then had two different Infiniti Q45's. The first one a gen 2 was a really great car. The generation 3 looked great was a good car; but, had lots of road noise. In late summer of 2012 we test drove a new Equus but wanted to wait for a 2013. During the wait we found out that the 2014 was going to recieve a mid-model refresh; so, we waited. We took delivery of a black Signature 2014 on August 16th, 2013. The car in my opinion is much improved over the earlier models. The things that I didn't like on the 2012 I drove have been corrected. The interior is much nicer. Also, the dash has a much higher quality look and the feel of the swithes etc. is much better. Also, the suspension feels much better. The new turbine wheels in my opinion add a lot to the looks of the car also. The car drives wonderful.. It is the quietest car we have ever owned and when at idle you can't tell if the engine is running or not. The car drives well at any speed. The ride is excellent. The car has way to much stuff on it for my wife and I; but, that is the only way it comes. The short comings are: The Hyundai badge on the deck lid. Get rid of it.. I did. They have a proper Equus badge in their available from their parts department. $13 on E-bay. Apparanty in some countries they put this badge on at the factory.. You don't see a Lexus with a Toyota badge, or an Infiniti with a Nissan badge, or an Acura with a Honda badge. Also there are very limited choices available as to the exterior or interior colors available. The available white interior looks nice now; but, how will it look in a couple of years. The brown interior is hideous so that pretty well only leaves the black interior. (It is actually a very pretty dark grey).. We wanted a Pearl White car but because Pearl White was only available with the Ivory (white) interior or the hideous brown interior; we got a metallic black car. The fit and finish on this car is first class. You can really tell the quality of a car by looking at the door jambs and trunk areas. This is where cheap cars really look cheap. The car will take a little getting use to. The Q45 we traded in was a 2003 model but it was light years behind the sophistication of this car. The radio is fabulous. The reclining rear seats with all that legroom will blow your guest away. There is so much about this car I like that I could go on and on. The 10 year 100,000 warranty is nice. We paid an additional fee to make this warranty a zero deductible 10 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. A friend of mine just sold his Nissan Dealership. I told him he ought to look at getting a Hyundai Dealership. He told me that he had a friend with a Hyundai Dealership. His friend told him that the drawback to having a Hyundai Dealership was that they didn't have very much service business. The cars rarely broke. Service is what pays the overhead. My brother who lives in Florida has a wife and two children. They all drive Hyundais."

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Pros: "Luxury car, more affordably priced"

"My Equus is a great ride, super powerful, and handles well for its weight and size. It has all the luxury of BMW or Lexus for a price that's considerably less. Eye catching exterior, and the interior is well appointed, spacious, and extremely comfortable. I can't think of anything it lacks that I might need. Only minor issue is with the trunk occasionally stopping midway up. Driving this car makes me feel good, and when I get to where I'm going, I can't wait to go again."

Superb vehicle compared to the competition in this

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Great value, much improved interior and exterior"

Cons: "Only con (if at all) is Hyundai's emblem"

"Unreal people still throw money to the wind for Audi’s, BMW’s, and Mercedes! I have owned all 3 in my lifetime, A 3 and 5 series BMW. The fishes are just as good, if not better inside the 2014 equus. The Mercedes is better, but at six figures! Same with Audi owned a A8 and yes, the fishes are better, but $50k better, NOT! Truthfully, I just can’t understand how some critics can just write off the equus, but hey…that’s their loss! Only feature that would be nice would be AWD, but I understand the next generation will have this option in 3 years or so. Otherwise, get a good set of studded winter tires and let her rip!!!"

Have owned 30 cars in my life and this is the best

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Very nice electric hydraulic steering. Great value"

Cons: "MPG getting 20-24 at present"

"Looked at all the new cars for 2014, BMW, Audi, MB etc. The 2014 Equus gave me all the options, with out the confusing extras penny and dime pricing of the big name brands. Looked at the interior refinements and the the clean touches to the exterior that the 2014 Equus had over the 13."