2012 Hyundai Elantra

8.1

Based on 401 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Solid purchase

By on Sunday, May 29, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable drive, style, features"

Cons: "Backseat comfort, interior materials are avg."

"I purchased in May of 2015 and have since taken it to 2 road trips and accumulated 6k miles on it. I can honestly say its a solid purchase. Comfortable, full of features, looks amazing. Its fuel economy is "OK", only because it was rated at 27-37 city/hwy mpg, but I calculated 24-26 overall in mostly city/some highway driving. I love the driver selectable steering, the transmission is okay, you can on some occasions feel the transmission shift harshly, but rarely. Having been on those road trips, I've noticed some things. My passengers and I both agree that the back seats are not comfortable on long road trips, they're leather so I'm not sure this could be said about cloth seats. Our butts and backs were very sore at the 2 hour mark, stretching at each rest stop was a must, but the two front seats were Okay for the road trip. The car has a soft touch dash, and I thought that this material should have been distributed on the top part of the door trims and the lower part of the dash (i.e. above the glove box) as these are areas where people will be touching (I would be fine with a hard plastic dash) Perhaps this material belongs there to provide sound insulation? I am unsure. A/c compressor gave out at 10k miles, but per the dealership this does not happen to most Elantras, mines was one in a couple hundred thousand to have that happen. Towing and service were covered under warranty. Many Cali road trips later and this car remains a solid purchase. It's not that fun on the road like my old college car honda fit, but it sure is a lot more comfortable. Its also full of features and has a large interior volume. As I leave the car I always have to take a second look because of its amazing style both front and back. Will keep for the next couple years."

Great for the price

By on Monday, April 3, 2017

Pros: "great price and gas saver"

"One of the best sedans of its size that the money can buy, till now I had my car for two years. never given me any problem I only do the oil changes and it runs great."

Very comfortable and reliable

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "great mpg, speedy and comfortable"

Cons: "no window tint"

"I actually have two, one for me (work car, less options) and one for the wife (with all options.) I'm 6'2" and was amazed to find the car had so much room for its size. I haven't found anything loose or 'not just right' on either car, Hyundai quality control is excellent. It's very quite and smooth for its size and the power feels like a V6 engine. My average gas mileage has been 32mpg, however that's on a rough and hilly country highway. My dealer did not offer window tint, a big disappointment for me."

Great, reliable car

By on Wednesday, May 3, 2017

"No complaints, fairly quiet, handles well, all the features needed, great on gas, easy to park, all round very good car."

Love my Elantra, 2012

By on Thursday, August 11, 2016

Pros: "Great Handling, Lots of Space, head turner"

Cons: "NOTHING SO FAR"

"I guess I paid about 4,000 dollars too much on my vehicle.. but i bought it. I love it. I wouldnt trade it for anything except the brand new 2016 Ela tra. Everyone should try it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals