2012 Hyundai Elantra

8.1

Based on 394 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Great vehicle for the price

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "design, layout, gas mileage"

Cons: "seats could be more comfortable"

"I got the 2014 elantra SE with the preferred package. The layout and features are fantastic. It has touch screen that responds very nicely. It handles well and I'm getting 36-39mpg on the highway. I haven't had the car for a year yet, so I'm not sure how it will handle in winter. But, so far everything is great. I love the look and the price I got it for! Worth the purchase!"

Reasonable

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "great color, good value and quality"

Cons: "sound system"

"I've been a faith, happy owner of several Honda civics for many years. Recently, rented two 2013 Elantra cars through Enterprise. Surprised by the interior. Seemed well made, nice layout, all powered functions, and easy to use. The Elantra drives well, easy to steer around corners, good acceleration and handling. The only thing I have not liked is the sound system of the radio. When the rear windows are open, the sound is not audible and vibrates. Overall, car handles well and nice burnt orange colors, and drives well. I did not rent long enough to verify reliability though."

not a great car.

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable interior"

Cons: "Gas mileage/road handling in bad weather"

"Car is terrible in bad weather. Very poor in the snow. Does not get the gas mileage it is supposed to. Supposed to get 23 mpg in the city. I am lucky to get 18mpg."

A Great First New Car for College!

By on Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Pros: "great price, roomy trunk, roomy backseat"

Cons: "slight hesitation on acceleration"

This is my car, inside & out.

"I have had this car since the end of July 2012. I previously drove a 2001 Buick Century Limited. I had never even heard of a 2 door Elantra, it was brand new and there were only a handful on the lot. I test drove the black, and while it was completely different from the Buick in every way (i.e. the brakes were lighter, steering was easier, acceleration, and an overall harder ride) I liked it because it was gorgeous and wasn't quite like driving a boat--the Buick was huge. I was used to leather interior, but now that I've had the gray cloth in the Elantra Coupe, I like it a lot more. I get compliments on the car constantly. I chose the 2 door instead of the 4 because I was ready for a car that fit me better. For example, the 2 door has a sportier look and feel, and the Buick was too mature for me considering I was eighteen and heading into college. Also, I paid about $21,400 and I definitely got a large bang for my buck. Other cars I looked at were the 2012 Nissan Altima Coupe, which was almost 5k more expensive, had a cramped backseat, and didn't have a screen for the radio. I also test drove the 2012 Mazda 3, which was 23k, had the same gas mileage as the Elantra Coupe, and also did not have a screen for the radio. The Elantra Coupe has everything I wanted in a new car, including MP3 and bluetooth capability. Also, for a 2 door car, the backseat is not at all cramped and you should have no problem fitting 4-5 people in the car. The only additions I have made is a $600 subwoofer to improve the sound and am considering getting black rims. A good friend of mine fell in love with my car and is getting one within the next two weeks."

This is my car, inside & out.

Best value... by far! picked it over hybrid Lexus

By on Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pros: "fuel economy, interior, leather, heated seats, etc"

Cons: "none yet"

"Didnt want it at first... after looking around, i bought the limited. much nicer than my Volvo, much better than the Land Rover... I have grown to love this car. I drive a mix of highway and city... little more hghway. consistently get 30-31 MPG with each tank-full. Daughter going to graduate college this year... this is the car for her too."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals