2012 Hyundai Elantra

8.1

Based on 400 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Solid purchase

By on Sunday, May 29, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable drive, style, features"

Cons: "Backseat comfort, interior materials are avg."

"I purchased in May of 2015 and have since taken it to 2 road trips and accumulated 6k miles on it. I can honestly say its a solid purchase. Comfortable, full of features, looks amazing. Its fuel economy is "OK", only because it was rated at 27-37 city/hwy mpg, but I calculated 24-26 overall in mostly city/some highway driving. I love the driver selectable steering, the transmission is okay, you can on some occasions feel the transmission shift harshly, but rarely. Having been on those road trips, I've noticed some things. My passengers and I both agree that the back seats are not comfortable on long road trips, they're leather so I'm not sure this could be said about cloth seats. Our butts and backs were very sore at the 2 hour mark, stretching at each rest stop was a must, but the two front seats were Okay for the road trip. The car has a soft touch dash, and I thought that this material should have been distributed on the top part of the door trims and the lower part of the dash (i.e. above the glove box) as these are areas where people will be touching (I would be fine with a hard plastic dash) Perhaps this material belongs there to provide sound insulation? I am unsure. A/c compressor gave out at 10k miles, but per the dealership this does not happen to most Elantras, mines was one in a couple hundred thousand to have that happen. Towing and service were covered under warranty. Many Cali road trips later and this car remains a solid purchase. It's not that fun on the road like my old college car honda fit, but it sure is a lot more comfortable. Its also full of features and has a large interior volume. As I leave the car I always have to take a second look because of its amazing style both front and back. Will keep for the next couple years."

This is the best car I've ever had.

By on Monday, December 28, 2015

Pros: "Great value (limited edition) great gas mileage"

Cons: "Navigation screen hits sunlight glare"

"The only thing that needs to be changed is the location of the navigation screen. Sometimes the sun light will hit directly on the screen and there is a glare. Other than that I love this car!!"

Great Car!!

By on Sunday, April 9, 2017

Pros: "Reliable, Fun to Drive, Quiet, Great Handling"

Cons: "Low Seats,Poor Radio,Reverberation from windows"

"We purchased our 2016 Elantra Value Edition when they first came out in 2015. First Hyundai we have owned and I must say it is refreshing to be driving a vehicle that is so reliable,fun to drive,quiet,great on gas,very roomy, handles superbly on the road. I would buy this car again. That being said there are 3 things that I do not like about the Elantra. First of all the seats sit very, very low and cannot be adjusted to a decent height, secondly when certain windows are down you get a very uncomfortable reverberation in the ears, thirdly, the radio could have been better, its not the best radio I have found in a vehicle. I guess it could be the case due to it being the Value Edition Other than that the car is great!!"

Great for the price

By on Monday, April 3, 2017

Pros: "great price and gas saver"

"One of the best sedans of its size that the money can buy, till now I had my car for two years. never given me any problem I only do the oil changes and it runs great."

Very comfortable and reliable

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "great mpg, speedy and comfortable"

Cons: "no window tint"

"I actually have two, one for me (work car, less options) and one for the wife (with all options.) I'm 6'2" and was amazed to find the car had so much room for its size. I haven't found anything loose or 'not just right' on either car, Hyundai quality control is excellent. It's very quite and smooth for its size and the power feels like a V6 engine. My average gas mileage has been 32mpg, however that's on a rough and hilly country highway. My dealer did not offer window tint, a big disappointment for me."

Great, reliable car

By on Wednesday, May 3, 2017

"No complaints, fairly quiet, handles well, all the features needed, great on gas, easy to park, all round very good car."

Love my Elantra, 2012

By on Thursday, August 11, 2016

Pros: "Great Handling, Lots of Space, head turner"

Cons: "NOTHING SO FAR"

"I guess I paid about 4,000 dollars too much on my vehicle.. but i bought it. I love it. I wouldnt trade it for anything except the brand new 2016 Ela tra. Everyone should try it."

The greatest car I have ever owned!

By on Monday, September 9, 2013

Pros: "Awesome value, great style, safe, dependable"

Cons: "Needs more storage, loud a/c"

"I love my car. From the sleekness in the design to the miles per gallon. My car is excellent. I have had it for about 4 months now and have driven it on trips to Georgia and Alabama and have had no problems. The only thing I would say is when I turn on the A/C it is quite loud underneath the car but nothing out of the ordinary. It is a very smooth ride but can get up if you need it to. Best car buy for the price and really great value as well. Really overall I am satisfied."

Is one of the best cars that I have ever had

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Cons: "maybe it loses price too fast"

"In 50 years owing cars is a pretty reliable and good to own car."

Love it!

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No spare tire"

"Got the car in July 2013 and I love everything about it!"

Elantra Coupe! Awesome value!

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pros: "Value, Stylish Exterior and Interior, Stereo"

Cons: "No Spare"

"The car is great so far! Very quiet engine and great mpg. The interior is very well done and comfortable. Exterior of the Elantra coupe is sporty and stylish, gets lots of looks! Im very happy with the vehicle!"

One of the most stylish cars on the road today..fu

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

Pros: "excellent instrumentation, stereo, climate control"

Cons: "front seats in GLS not power & no lumber adjustme"

"I have the base model 2013 Elantra, with a 6-speed manual transmission. Didn't buy any extras such as fog lights, 16 inch wheels....Love the car...did not test drive an automatic, but I suspect performance and acceleration is enhanced with manual..fun to drive..base model has many standard offerings and is a great value for about $17500."

GREAT

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

Cons: "I will go back and get more add-ons"

"Bought this for the boss lady. From a decked out harley f-150 pu to a car, big move. She loves this car. Great color. Fuel, and warranty, plus dearlership, could not get with any other vehicle."

great value,lots of room, drives great

By on Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pros: "easy steering, easy on the gas mileage,"

"4 door with hatchback to roomy rear area, roomy rear seats, very well put together dash and front accesseries....leather uppulstry with seat warmers. very good gas milage, 10 year warranty, great exterior styling, very stylish luxuary rims, roof rack, just a great big little car."

Exceptional vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Looks, value, amenities"

Cons: "Handling isn't at the same level as appeaarance"

"This is an exception vehicle. Hyundai stepped away from the herd when they developed it. The style - exterior and interior is top of the line. I have never gotten so many looks. It also has amenities that you would never expect in a car of this price."

Best car ever

By on Sunday, December 4, 2011

"Totally smoking! Only negative is that the ride could be a tad smoother... it can be a little bumpy sometimes, probably because the car is so light."

Amazing all around!

By on Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pros: "price, style, comfort, value, EVERYTHING"

Cons: "NOTHING!"

"I couldn't be happier. I am all about mpgs and looks. This car has it both. It has lots of room compared to other compact cars. The value is unbelievable. I got the limited with the navigation package. I couldn't ask for a better car."

great car

By on Tuesday, May 22, 2012

"great car for the price, I owned three sonotas before this elantra and have given up nothing and gained mileage and extras for less then the standard sonota, only fault I SEE IS NO SPARE TIRE come on guys whats that cost / i'LL PAY FOR IT. I HAD A BLOW OUT AND HAD TO BE TOWED.the can of air and pump won't do. next time the dealer throws in a spare or I walk. don't get me wrong I love the car but that was a waste of my day."

Amazing mid-sized interior for a compact price!!!

By on Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, stylish, handling, features"

Cons: "Daytime running lights only on with parking lights"

"I am shocked at how roomy this car is and even more amazed at how well it rides and handles. While all small cars typically have road noise, the Elantra has far less than my old Corolla and the ride feels much more secure. The list of options on even the GLS model are extensive and impressive. This is my first even Hyundai and so far, I am completely blown away by the overall quality and efficiency of this car."

3 Weeks in

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

"I bought a 2013 Elantra on July 30th, 2012. This is my 4th Hyundai (Previous Sonata, Elantra, Tucson and now this Elantra). I was actually looking at the new Veloster and after a test drive was told the new sytle Elantra was cheaper and rode better so I test drove it. While it's missing a few bells tech bells and whistles of the Veloster, the bigger and better ride with the same mileage and a $1800 savings convinced me. I negotiated to 19100 from the 20,200 sticker prior to trade in and discounts being applied. Since getting it my first tank achieved 38.5 mpg, Second was 39.1 and half way through my 3rd tank at 39.5. I can't be more thrilled. I do a 72 mile commute each way daily and stepping up to this kind of milage from the 25mpg I was getting is saving me approx $65 a week in gas. Time 4 and I'm paying about $50 a month for this new car. I am driving with the eco mode on and happy with the acceleration in all but the busiest of traffic in that mode. Certainly plenty good to merge into traffic safely. If I need a little more throttle response I'll turn eco off for a merge and then back on. I'm getting the mileage above running at 70-73 mph on the highway. If I slowed it down to 65, I'm pretty sure I could improve it another .5-1 mpg or so. The one other thing I love about this car is the steering. It is sensitive and crisp and sharp and has a very tight turning radius. It handles well on the country road if you take it for an afternoon stroll and shines when pull into the pump and fill it's 10.5 gallon tank and reset it's 410+ mile range. The only negative comment I have is the sliding armrest in the middle can not be slide forward if your using the drink holders directly in front of it with anything much taller than a standard soda can or small drink with a straw. My 10" tall coffee traveler cup is too tall and makes the armrest and elbow rest at best. Everything else about the design of this car and it's copmfort level and adjustability I love. Plenty of seat adjustment, wheel adjustment, comfortable if not luxurious. As usual, Hyundai hit another Homerun with a great value, reliable, loaded with more options than anything in it's price range and dependable car. Highly reccommended."

Great car for not a lot of money.

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "Warranty, Economy. Resale value. Looks. Reliable"

Cons: "Suspension. No Spare?"

"This is a great car. Seniors, small familys, young people will probably like this car. It does everything well but nothing great. ( Unless you consider 40 on the freeway great) I do. I just came back from Phoenix and got over 40MPG on the freeway at 80mph. The only thing I dont like is the solid axle in the rear. It allows the car to be pushed around to much in a head or side wind and any uneven surfaces on the road will really be noticed. Sometimes its unsettling and feels a little dangerous. Hyundai go to 4 wheel independent suspension and I will by another Elantra. If you don't. Hmmm."

Some Problems with it but not bad..

By on Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pros: "upgrades, gas mileage, compfort"

Cons: "manufacture defects and malfunctions"

"First off, The estimated 40mpg highway is more like 29mpg to 34mpg. Unless you are going to drive at 50 miles per hour on the highway you are not going to get 40mpg. That was the whole reason I bought this car, I have had it now for a year and still have not got even close to 40mpg. I usually drive between 65mph and 75mph and average more like 31mpg. I bought the limited edition and everything inside is very nice and compfortable. I had to have the steering wheel replaced at 20,000 miles because the leather started peeling off. The other problem I had was the weld for the heat shield broke off and they had to weld a new heat shield on the car with only 8,000 miles. The dealership said the reason the weld broke was "It is like that coke machine sitting over there, sometimes it just breaks". Definately was not the answer I was looking for. I didn't buy a coke machine, I bought a $25,000.00 car. I have about 31,000 miles on the car now and I am a little scared there could be more problems in the future. I would shop around a little more before purchasing this vehicle, I am also not real impressed with the dealerships for hyundai. I live in the Phoenix area, I have been to three seperate dealers and none of them have simple things like car rentals or shuttles when you take your car to get serviced. Just some stuff to think about before you buy."

Fantastic! Stylish! and Fun!

By on Monday, September 12, 2011

Pros: "Great value"

"I have owned this car for around 5 months. I replaced a 2008 Lincoln MKZ and like this car better! It has great styling, power, luxury, and a great price! I did get the "limited" model, which seems alot nicer than the standard GLS. I have gotten as high as 42 mpg on a long trip, but i really had to be easy with it. If i drive normal I will get 38 on the highway."

Some things to ponder??

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "good price and and ok driving experience"

Cons: "need rear cup holders"

"We like this car, good mileage and descent interior room. Just wish it had a little more power for climbing hills and passing. The trunk is small and they don't give you a spare tire. Spare is replaced with an inflation product good for flats but not a blow out, so if your in the middle of nowhere and no cell service it can be a hazard for all."

Weak link is steering!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

"Car's steering is a serious "weak link", it pulls to the left and right on straight even roads. The pull is moderate but will make your hands tired after 20 minutes of highway driving. Dealership says this is typical behaviour of all Elantras!!! Otherwise the car has neat gadgets like the bluetooth and Ipod interface. Ride is OK. Engine power is OK. However I would not recommend this car to anyone until they fix the steering issue."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals