2011 Hyundai Elantra

8.1

Based on 398 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Amazing mid-sized interior for a compact price!!!

By on Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, stylish, handling, features"

Cons: "Daytime running lights only on with parking lights"

"I am shocked at how roomy this car is and even more amazed at how well it rides and handles. While all small cars typically have road noise, the Elantra has far less than my old Corolla and the ride feels much more secure. The list of options on even the GLS model are extensive and impressive. This is my first even Hyundai and so far, I am completely blown away by the overall quality and efficiency of this car."

Great car and a great price

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "a lot for the money for the limited model"

Cons: "less than expected mpg"

"I love this car!Great fun and great price for the fully loaded limited model,never thought I could get a nav screen and back up camera for the price I paid.Less than promised mpg around town,but reached 40mpg traveling to the beach this summer."

I'm in love

By on Sunday, January 8, 2017

Pros: "great price, beautiful car, handles well"

Cons: "keeping beige interior clean"

"It was love at first sight. A beautiful blue, used by one owner 2013 elantra. The minute I opened the car door and sat inside its interior I knew it was meant to be. It's a gorgeous car sleek and sporty looking in my opinion, inside and out. I can see how keeping the cloth seats clean would be an issue. My solution to that problem is a good fabric cleaner and Scotchguard. You can buy both from Walmart. I sprayed ScotchGuard on the cloth seats, the fabric on the door panels, the rug and car mats. Everything that wasn't leather, plastic or vinyl got sprayed down with Scotchguard. Try it, it really works wonders. I've had my car for about two weeks now and I can honestly say I've felt no buyer's remorse whatsoever. I love driving my Elantra. I get good gas mileage, it handles well, and is reasonable responsive. Plus it looks good."

Solid purchase

By on Sunday, May 29, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable drive, style, features"

Cons: "Backseat comfort, interior materials are avg."

"I purchased in May of 2015 and have since taken it to 2 road trips and accumulated 6k miles on it. I can honestly say its a solid purchase. Comfortable, full of features, looks amazing. Its fuel economy is "OK", only because it was rated at 27-37 city/hwy mpg, but I calculated 24-26 overall in mostly city/some highway driving. I love the driver selectable steering, the transmission is okay, you can on some occasions feel the transmission shift harshly, but rarely. Having been on those road trips, I've noticed some things. My passengers and I both agree that the back seats are not comfortable on long road trips, they're leather so I'm not sure this could be said about cloth seats. Our butts and backs were very sore at the 2 hour mark, stretching at each rest stop was a must, but the two front seats were Okay for the road trip. The car has a soft touch dash, and I thought that this material should have been distributed on the top part of the door trims and the lower part of the dash (i.e. above the glove box) as these are areas where people will be touching (I would be fine with a hard plastic dash) Perhaps this material belongs there to provide sound insulation? I am unsure. A/c compressor gave out at 10k miles, but per the dealership this does not happen to most Elantras, mines was one in a couple hundred thousand to have that happen. Towing and service were covered under warranty. Many Cali road trips later and this car remains a solid purchase. It's not that fun on the road like my old college car honda fit, but it sure is a lot more comfortable. Its also full of features and has a large interior volume. As I leave the car I always have to take a second look because of its amazing style both front and back. Will keep for the next couple years."

2012 Hyundai Elantra

By on Friday, March 10, 2017

"Take a second thought before buying a Hyundai Elantra or Sonata, years 2012 to 2014. They have engine problems. Bits of metal breaks off and gets into the oil causing the engine to fail. To replace a used engine from Hyundai is 3,100 dollars. I have 62,000 miles on my Elantra. Just passed the warranty at 60,000 and the engine fails."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals